Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN Mt.Gox] Hi everyone, just a quick update on the situation and what happened  (Read 12730 times)
prespendwindfall

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:46:34 AM

I was logged into Mtgox all night and constantly checking it.  Maybe I am missing something, but there was zero indication of something like a press release or a disclaimer you guys were taking your servers down.

Also, why is it that numerous things besides Mtgox went down during the super crash?  I couldn't see the graphs and charts on other sites at the same time.  Seems very suspicious to me.

Take away:

Please be more explicit about taking the servers down.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:54:50 AM

I would have more sympathy if this was not part of a long history of lackadaisical malfeasance on the part of MtGox.  You have no incentive to fix your steaming pile of crap and I do not believe you will.

QFT.

MtGox leeched the general Bitcoin community for > 1mn this month, and for > 1 mn last month. If you compute what they deliver for it seems like we're paying about 500 dollars per word for these outright idiotic bits of "communication" which roughly consist of "Hey, we fucked everyone up. We call this success."

The back patting will continue until morale "improves" to $0.00000001/BTC.

They've done it before, they'll do it again.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Grover

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:11:01 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 05:25:50 PM by Grover

Looks like it's time to call up release the Kraken. https://www.kraken.com/ They're still beta testing but looks like they have some excellent features that far surpass the simple order matching systems that exist in BTC at the moment.

Kraken has a thread around on this forum somewhere and yes I'm too lazy to search.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:14:00 AM

First of all we would like to reassure you but no we were not last night victim of a DDoS but instead victim of our own success!

Simple PR hint: Don't piss people off more by telling them how well you're doing after you've just fucked over an entire community.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:20:57 AM

It's going to be interesting to see how many companies handle incidents (like "hack's") now people outside of the forums with a bit of $$ might actually be using BTC and won't take kindly to being ripped off.

juice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:32:10 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 08:10:48 PM by juice

this attack is all over the bitcoin world.
almost all bitcoin relevant sites have ddos comming in.
looked like they flooded the mtgox api to blind people.
at the same time manipulate the price to rush people .
without salt they would also have the strong passwords already dont they? they would not even gamble like this?
maybe you could post some logs of your tables, ddos filter and anti ddos service network?

https://defuse.ca/bitcoin-pool-ddos.htm

also you locked my mtgox withdraw for anti money loundering ?
i have only 0.7 btc in it and never desposit or withdraw cash and you locked it straight after i disposit the 0.7 via btc!

anti money loundering with 0.7 btc ...lol wtf you want to tell me?
you know what f*** y** i will not send you a copy of my id ,you cant keep it safe!

please donate it to the bitcoin foundation i mine some new!
you already got a mail from me forwarded thru the foundation.

in the future we dont need you gox anymore !

"If you're a BitCoin user, the best thing you can do is to monitor the popularity of the services you use and switch away when they get too popular."
Chucksta

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:48:33 PM

You are obviously no ideas of what you are talking about, come and work with us you will see how things are done and what we have to deal with on a daily basis. As I write this we have two concurrent DDoS attack with NO lags and still online. Things always seems easy at the other end of the keyboard.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

BS to the max. Nobody brags about that sort of thing. You are more than likely nothing but a fraud.

aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 12:59:41 PM

You are obviously no ideas of what you are talking about, come and work with us you will see how things are done and what we have to deal with on a daily basis. As I write this we have two concurrent DDoS attack with NO lags and still online. Things always seems easy at the other end of the keyboard.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? [...] You're fucking dead, kiddo.

BS to the max. Nobody brags about that sort of thing. You are more than likely nothing but a fraud.

Hilarious. The response from the Navy Seal probably contained about as much truth as the press release from mtgox. None.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:20:54 PM

Will you at least try to handle bots biding 0.002 or it is also not important?

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:02:21 PM

Mr. Navy Seal, your language and demeanor does not suit one from the special forces community. Your secret network of spies are better off attempting another DDOS attack than trying to wake up everyone in the USA. By the way, I have the rest of the world ...

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:52:51 PM

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130411.html

First of all we would like to reassure you but no we were not last night victim of a DDoS but instead victim of our own success!
Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

If it was NOT a DDoS, then why did bitcointalk become unavailable and bitcoincharts too?   Did they both get overwhelmed too?   Ever think that you basically got DDoSed by a lot of "new accounts" running trading bots?

dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:07:45 PM

Simple PR hint: Don't piss people off more by telling them how well you're doing after you've just fucked over an entire community.

lol

The audacity of these people living in Japan is amazing.  My guess is there is no chance in hell @MagicalTux and friends would be like this if they were working out of the USA.  Creates them a nice little buffer being thousands of miles away.  by the way, WHEN THE FUCK AM I GETTING MY MONEY YOU HAVE BEEN HOLDING HOSTAGE FROM BITCOINICA?

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:01:03 PM

This is the Wild West. Live with it or go back to Ben.

sega01

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:11:06 PM

Kudos to Mt.Gox for the update. I think they're doing the best job they can.

I know what it's like for a company to have so many signups it's hard to keep up. Mt.Gox is not just some evil, huge exchange. They are bringing so much money into Bitcoin, it's ridiculous. I'm sure they're making a killing doing it, but they've only kept that up by being a phenomenal exchange.

I have no doubt there are other good exchanges out there, but I'm personally set between Mt.Gox and Bitcoin-OTC.

Keep up the good work!
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:48:53 PM

this attack is all over the bitcoin world.
almost all bitcoin relevant sites have ddos comming in.

DDOS is what they call new customers signing up, the irony is it is the other way around.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:33:33 PM

Yeah.

"We were a victim of all these millionz we leeched off you idiots. Heh."

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? [...] You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Hilarious. The response from the Navy Seal probably contained about as much truth as the press release from mtgox. None.

MtGox claiming no lag? This is getting cute. When was this "no lag" Holy Grail moment occurring? Exact seconds please.

This is the Wild West. Live with it or go back to Ben.

This is retarded. Being stupid is not part of being "free from Ben", stop mixing immiscibles.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:44:45 PM

This really takes the price for EPIC FAIL followed by tone deaf attack on your own customers.

Wow, just wow!

Since you decided anyone calling your bullshit with you doesn't know how hard it is on your end of the keyboard, I'll offer you this:

That's me on the left. I'll give you three guesses as to the location and why I was invited to this by the CEO.

So as someone who does know what they're talking about, SCREW YOU Alex and your company. First you fail, then you insult your customers for having the audacity to call you on your BS.

Everyone reading this: Open an account on bitfloor, campbx, btc-e or any (ALL) of the other exchanges. Close your MTGOX account.
JNPR traded on the nasdaq not the NYSE.   Why the photo?

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:01:41 PM

Well, to be fair. After the hack fiasco (and terrible PR), the reactive measures were good.
They were the first using Yubikeys, and ended up being the first implementing OTR.

I would like to believe that they will implement some measures to avoid lags again.
BUT what I still hate is:

1) How they bullshit in their announcements.
2) How they don't give a shit in taking preventative measures. They rather fixing when it blows, instead of having the foresight of preventing it first.

I can even be lenient if this was happening in the small bitcoin community, but now you guys are getting into the major leagues.
You guys are going to be representing how reliable are bitcoins to the outside world with this deal with CoinLabs, and what you have to offer right now is plainly unacceptable.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:51:58 PM

This really takes the price for EPIC FAIL followed by tone deaf attack on your own customers.

Wow, just wow!

Since you decided anyone calling your bullshit with you doesn't know how hard it is on your end of the keyboard, I'll offer you this:

That's me on the left. I'll give you three guesses as to the location and why I was invited to this by the CEO.

So as someone who does know what they're talking about, SCREW YOU Alex and your company. First you fail, then you insult your customers for having the audacity to call you on your BS.

Everyone reading this: Open an account on bitfloor, campbx, btc-e or any (ALL) of the other exchanges. Close your MTGOX account.
JNPR also went public in June (on the NASDAQ, not on the big board), not in october.   So, I ask again, what is the meaning of the photo?

sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:06:20 PM

JNPR also went public in June (on the NASDAQ, not on the big board), not in october.   So, I ask again, what is the meaning of the photo?
His CEO made him be at NYSE instead of NASDAQ when JNPR went public, to make sure he wouldn't ruin the event.  They took the photo and everything to make it look authentic. That's my guess.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: