Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:08:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN Mt.Gox] Hi everyone, just a quick update on the situation and what happened  (Read 12730 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:33:27 AM

You guys are still laggin like shit. So remind me what was the point of halting trading for 12 hours?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 02:35:47 AM

Here's the funny thing:

Bitcoinity is currently handling more than 11k simultaneous users, streaming charts and tracking lag. Far as I can tell, bitcoinity is not lagging even 1 second. They are lightning fast.

Meanwhile, with a lot fewer users and trades mtgox is basically 10 minutes behind on average

Funny how the charting company is doing better for FREE than the multi-million revenue exchange.

IDIOTS

(bitcoinity you rock!)

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 02:45:22 AM

Here's the funny thing:

Bitcoinity is currently handling more than 11k simultaneous users, streaming charts and tracking lag. Far as I can tell, bitcoinity is not lagging even 1 second. They are lightning fast.

Meanwhile, with a lot fewer users and trades mtgox is basically 10 minutes behind on average

Funny how the charting company is doing better for FREE than the multi-million revenue exchange.

IDIOTS

(bitcoinity you rock!)

LOL, yeah a site that just shows some data and doesn't need to handle any user specific data nor worry about security is faster than one that needs to make sure that every user's pages have data that is live especially for them.

Those of us that have actually built web applications at least have a little understanding that there's a huge difference in functionality between these sites. The guys behind Gox may not be the best and brightest, but the demands on their system are a whole heck of a lot more than one that can cache pretty much everything.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 02:50:35 AM

I bet the mtgox site was in fact built by web app experts, not trading system experts and it shows.

Here's a hint for you: mtgoxlive and the charts on mtgox are just as "cached" as bitcoinity and they can't handle 100 users.

You think that might be a coincidence? See, even when the mtgox people are implementing stuff that should be "simple", they screw it up.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:58:38 AM

Please stop whining about Mt. Gox and close your accounts. They clearly do not get the message or care at all when you complain so hit them where it counts, take your business elsewhere.

aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:05:56 AM

I already have, but I reserve the right to keep whining until everyone else does too.

I want to see GOX close and lose their business because they deserve it. They burnt a lot of people with their antics

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
creativex

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:08:52 AM

I already have, but I reserve the right to keep whining until everyone else does too.

I want to see GOX close and lose their business because they deserve it. They burnt a lot of people with their antics

TWICE. Run away.

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:18:56 AM

TWICE. Run away.

THRICE, if we add the reversal of transactions in 2011
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:42:47 AM

Alex...

Oh Aaaaallleeeeex??

want to tell me again how hard it is to be gox?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
creativex

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:45:23 AM

Holy sh1t down again.

The next time someone says they trade at Mt. Gox, I'm just going to bumb rush them. I feel it's my duty to protect the human gene pool from such stupidity spreading.

BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:48:37 AM

Just give up at life Mt. Gox....I stopped using y'all for everything a long time ago surprised everyone else hasn't also....I even use BTC-e last price for about 2 weeks now.....Either fix your shit or take your nice little pile of earnings and die a majestic death.
creativex

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:12:31 AM

Just give up at life Mt. Gox....I stopped using y'all for everything a long time ago surprised everyone else hasn't also....I even use BTC-e last price for about 2 weeks now.....Either fix your shit or take your nice little pile of earnings and die a majestic death.

How much do we know about Mt. Gox ownership? Are these people banksters? I doubt they could do so much damage to Bitcoin's image if they tried.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:01:06 AM

I bet the mtgox site was in fact built by web app experts, not trading system experts and it shows.

Exactly. Although "experts" may be going a little too far. It was built by webapp hobbyists. It does show.

How much do we know about Mt. Gox ownership? Are these people banksters? I doubt they could do so much damage to Bitcoin's image if they tried.

They're retards, basically. And right you are, they couldn't do as much damage if they tried. That's how retards work.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:08:12 AM

MtGox's message about what happened yesterday, is probably the most offensive, in my face, stupid thing I have ever been told.

I do not use them, their site is RUBBISH, btc-e so much nicer, I just can't understand why GOX WAS the biggest.. ?

Life is Code.
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:33:09 PM

How long do we think the recovery period will take after the royal fuck up of gox proportions. Back to top in around 3-5 weeks?

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
creativex

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:04:54 PM

How long do we think the recovery period will take after the royal fuck up of gox proportions. Back to top in around 3-5 weeks?

I believe it will take much longer than that for Mt. Gox to be replaced as the number one exchange and confidence to return. If this does not happen it's only a matter of time before we're Goxxed again, there's no fix for Gox's kind of stupid.

BTCBUDDY1

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:07:11 PM

definitely.. gox needs to go

can't even get my coins

I'm back.
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:00:42 PM

I believe it will take much longer than that for Mt. Gox to be replaced as the number one exchange and confidence to return. If this does not happen it's only a matter of time before we're Goxxed again, there's no fix for Gox's kind of stupid.

I understand you and couldnt agree more. Something really has to be done by the community as a whole regarding this.

Im quite sure that a small number may choose to use and promote gox, but the vast majority are against them having such a say in the bitcoin marketplace, their substandard site and software and not forgetting their PA/customer relations

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:24:18 PM

Realistically we don't need as much liquidity in one exchange, it like a government having an 80% majority and managing a reserve bank who determines the value of the currency. In my view having many smaller exchanges is more practical and a lot safer; this is what makes the internet is somewhat resilient. 

Many smaller exchanges will serve to ensure the dishonest business practises get weeded out, instead of becoming too big to fail and local wealth stays in the local economy.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:34:18 PM

Congratz.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: