Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AirBNB users en masse ask its CEO to start accepting BTC  (Read 457 times)
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:42:45 AM

Here's the whole conversation thread on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/bchesky/status/813408027445489665

Under construction.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:57:47 AM

The fact that he answered with not yet means that they are probably planning to add it soon , we should be patient. If this ever happens It would be a great boost for bitcoin and this may result in having more services accepting bitcoin because of the competition between these services.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:13:25 PM

Not yet is a positive answer, it would be a great move forward and would be beneficial to both bitcoin and airbnb.

2017 is the year we will see a lot of adoption.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:19:04 PM

Here's the whole conversation thread on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/bchesky/status/813408027445489665

This is a tactical move as you can see. The entire conversation is on Twitter and a large audience will be viewing this. This they have done to indirectly to say that Bitcoins as a payment gateway is Coming. They will want to test the response this gets. The number of retwweets, people who post to them for getting Bitcoin. They are studying the market response and then shall get it. I feel this is indeed a welcome move. Though it hasn't happened yet, it shall happen in 2017 let's hope.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:23:39 PM

The reply will not be too soon. Integrating bitcoin as payment needs further studies to avoid future problems. As a company they will really hold a big meeting if they will integrate bitcoin as part of the payment method. Its not easy and it will be also costly to them. Well I also hope to see them accepting bitcoins into their system, this will benefit all bitcoin users as they expect and increase in the bitcoin's value.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 01:10:38 PM

I saw this news on twitter yesterday, if this happens and realizes, should be a good milestone for bitcoins. I would like one day to be able during my travel, reserve a place to sleep with my bitcoins Wink

The best we can, for now, is to wait!

BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 04:00:38 PM

It's these types of implementations from major social networks and apps that will drive Bitcoin price to insane levels (supply / demand).

Great news for Bitcoin, AirBNB is a huge step forward.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 04:52:47 PM

It's these types of implementations from major social networks and apps that will drive Bitcoin price to insane levels (supply / demand).

Great news for Bitcoin, AirBNB is a huge step forward.
It also depends on whether the public adopts Bitcoin, if the Bitcoin payment option doesn't get enough use, they would be removing it most likely.
The fact that Circle stopped dealing with Bitcoin was already a step back, I've seen a lot of former Circle customers complaining about their 'exchange' of choice removing the option for purchasing Bitcoins.

Having user-friendly exchanges is also part of having a healthy Bitcoin ecosystem, the success of Bitcoin as a payment method can't just rely on merchant adoption.

Personally, I'm lucky enough to live in Belgium, where I can just buy Bitcoin instantly through bitonic.nl
I purchase them at a higher price, but the ease of use is something I've never seen in any other exchange, I don't have to wait to get verified, can pay instantly with bank account + card-reader.

I guess there are similar options for people in other countries, but I assume this is not something that is available for every country.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:31:52 PM

Strange for a San Francisco online company to not just automatically start accepting Bitcoin. Very strange that once brought to their attention they refuse to do it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: