Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should http://cloudmining.club change from ePay.info to FaucetHub.io  (Voting closed: January 03, 2017, 02:44:32 PM)
Yes - 7 (53.8%)
No - 2 (15.4%)
Neutral - 4 (30.8%)
Wembaster, create your own! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me decide... FaucetHub.io or stay with ePay.info  (Read 3137 times)
btc4peace (OP)

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

pHp DeV

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 10:41:07 PM

Per user's request, I have added an option to the poll.  If I build my own using Coinbase API, we would simply continue to use epay/faucethub until the coding is done, and then switch to the in house solution.  If epay/faucethub are not viable, I could do manual payments (uhhhh) weekly.

There have been some other concerns voiced to me, ie regarding Hashpoke.  We own some hashpoke contracts and it seems they plan to resume payments but who knows.  The good news is we do not need them.  The club earns through a number of venues and there will be more venues (advertising sales, Twitch site sales, CMC sales, adsense revenues, misc BTC revenues, Xcoins commissions and sales, genesis/hashpoke/hashflare and we are adding 5-10 other projects in 2017.) 

Thank you all for your patience and please feel free to email me if you are a club member with questions or concerns.  Our (cloudmining.club) normal processes will resume on or before Jan 5, 2017. 

Joshua

spark13

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 08:57:26 AM

Just some thoughts.
I personally don't like FaucetHub.
Requirement to create (yet another) account in addition to other issues is not my cup of tea.
On the other hand it is better than making money to SomeoneElse @ mail.ru.

ePay (as it is) is a dead end.
Staying there brings nothing in my wallet.
If they change in a way FaucetBox used to work then maybe better stay but not with the 'change user account' feature.

Let me explain what I mean.
ePay introduced a major security hole in transaction processing by allowing users to change their address.
Only faucet owners/vendors that pay users micro-payments need an account that must be secured and issued by ePay.
There vendors deposit funds which are used to pay their users micro-payments.
The whole point of using a micro-payment processor is for vendors to avoid paying huge mining fee for every transaction.
Also the processor handles referral commissions as well.
Micro-payment processor accumulates big number of small transactions from number of vendors to a single user address and at some stage does one big transaction to that address with single mining fee.
Apart from vendor-to-user transactions no internal transactions should be allowed. Especially user-to-user bypassing the air-tight security of blockchain transaction processing.
FaucetBox did not allow users to change their address, only the threshold level.
Nobody cared to change others threshold because they could not change the address and take the funds.
ePay does allow users to change their address just by claiming that this address is theirs and transfer somebody elses funds to his own within the payment processor.
That created a gold mine opportunity even for mediocre level hackers to steal funds using hacker toolbox proof that is good enough for ePay.
Any wallet can have any number of addresses and they are all active/valid, ready to receive funds.
Only wallets should know which addresses are theirs. Nobody else. Certainly not ePay.

I can understand users wanting to change - better something than nothing.
The ones that wish to stay or don't care might change their mind sooner or later.
Provided that cmc use of the micro-payment processor is not a typical faucet-owner use opens an opportunity for the webmaster to handle the micro-payments himself and generate mass payments in regular intervals.
Seems like everybody is happy once a week, as long as something comes.

Recently another option appeared which made me post this.
My vote is: Webmaster, create your own!

If ePay can prove they are not scam and
 close the security hole;
 help cmc webmaster restore any stolen funds from user accounts.
Then in the mean time use the improved ePay.

Thank you
Youresioure

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Reich mir die Hand

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 08:31:37 PM

Change usually brings issue. It may worth in the future, but will it worth in the future? If you're the webmaster, the risk management belongs to you. At my sites, we didn't switch to FaucetHub(dot)io even though I cannot really say anything wrong about it, just because of being afraid of the issue that a change could bring.
Syporg34

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:41:21 AM

I vote yes as well.
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:57:50 PM

I run a faucet so when faucetbox was about to shut down I conducted a poll on my faucet and majority of users chose ePay, http://www.poll-maker.com/results901219x859F435A-37#tab-2

Nothing against FaucetHub, in fact their user base is increasing at a tremendous rate and their support is simply superb, but like you said, if you want to send a message with withdrawal, I think FaucetHub does not have that feature. Both ePay and FaucetHub are trying to add new features. As far as safety is concerned, I did not had any issues with ePay so far. Earlier their support system was worst, but now they are trying to answer and deal with each and every user query. Epay is free, FaucetHub takes a small fee (1.5% which is not an issue). I would recommend create a poll on your website and let your users decide Smiley
lamofan

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:30:10 PM

epay.info must leave address ownership to wallets!
transactions between public addresses is technically illegal anyway!

i vote no
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 09:29:31 PM

In my thought every one of micro-wallet provide has its pros and cons with his services.
 therefore you will detected which services suit your needs.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
ajole

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:21:58 AM

I vote yes.  Change to faucethub.
vendelboe

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:48:04 AM

do not use Epay.info

they are not paying out,

10 days is gone and i did not resive anything yet.

they do not answer on email

so i think its a scam. and all fraucts owner who will use Epay.info, is also a scam or els they wil ofcourse change to another service
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:19:17 PM

do not use Epay.info

they are not paying out,

10 days is gone and i did not resive anything yet.

they do not answer on email

so i think its a scam. and all fraucts owner who will use Epay.info, is also a scam or els they wil ofcourse change to another service

hey epay is a renowed service . I have used epay before and I have got payment from them always. Even I had 2 faucets there , but now shifted to faucethub. I think you are new to this faucet system . Thats why blaming all faucet owners. You do one thing . Just go to the microearnings area and post your complain in their thread.They will get back to you.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 10:42:36 PM

I see that OP faucet doesn't active anymore, it redirects to other website.
But if other faucet owners need user opinions, I think it would be best to set multiple payout options. Both ePay and Faucethub have their advantages and many users. Some people says that ePay is scam, bit it's not right. Yes, sometimes they have various problems, but eLay team resolves it quite fast.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: