Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me build Monero mining rig  (Read 6801 times)
franc0 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:50:35 PM

Please can someone tell me what is the current best GPU available for mining monero?

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:54:11 PM

Another lazy ass, read the fucking forum and stop fucking making duplicated thread, thanks to people like you,
there is fucking mess on whole forum...

This is my signature...
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:34:47 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 07:53:39 PM by franc0

I'm sorry, i just did it because there must be a lot of old threads mentioning old GPU and new GPU's are coming out very often.

I just really want to know what is the current (december 27, 2016) fastest GPU available today, I'll figure out how to build the rest. Didn't mean to spam, Thanks.

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
lummujaj

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:38:26 PM

you cannot just come here and say "hey i need help"
they are many factors that you've to see before building ,,, electricity price , the place you hold them, the total budged!
just look at youtube for cryptomined chanel , he has many great videos and tutorials ,
i would only suggest you to focus on rx 470 / 480 !
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:21:27 AM

Electricity is less than .01$ per kilowatt/hr where i live. So it's almost free. I've been a bitcoin miner so i already have some A/C units and air extractors, I have 220V with a panel of 200 amps max. I just want to build 1 rig of 6 GPU cards, I've seen that channel but he uses i7 CPU and 200GB SD.  I thought you only needed good GPU power i don't think i need i7 and 200GB SD am i right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVyutw3hZk That's the video i seen. The thing is that every time i want to buy Bitcoin ASIC i have to import it to my country and instead i can buy my own equipment with monero so that is very attractive to me and i can find computer gear where i live pretty easy.

It seems like all people uses rx 470 GPU's. How much heat these computer produces? with a Air conditioner unit 2 tons be enough?

I also saw this http://www.ebay.com/itm/MiningCave-Mining-rig-7-X-RX-470-4GB-GPU-Ethereum-Zcash-Monero-mining-/332067187472?hash=item4d50bf2b10:g:B3cAAOSwXAJYWB4i

That guy uses less CPU and less Hard drive and the mother boards seems to be cheaper, i was thinking copying his design but i really don't know if is going to mine faster with a i7 or if i need a good SD drive for monero? That are my biggest concerns, i appreciate any help thanks.

CoM1ner

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:40:51 AM

Choose your GPU:
http://monerobechmarks.byethost5.com/

For everything else:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

GPU Risers:
https://www.amazon.com/6-Pack-PCI-E-Powered-Adapter-Extension/dp/B01GU94QSQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1482885581&sr=1-2&keywords=gpu+riser

HDMI Dummy plug (optional):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0ship-HDMI-EDID-DDC-Plug-Headless-Linux-Windows-Mac1920x1200-emulator-dummy-USA-/191567271934?hash=item2c9a4c97fe:g:bcgAAOSw~OdVb-7m

Monero only needs minimal specs on everything but GPU. CPU mining is pretty much useless unless you buy a nice CPU, which the cost would be expensive. GPU's generally have better resale value anyways.

Don't expect to ROI for probably a year or so.

Google for whatever Mobo you want depending on how many PCIE slots are one there.
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:01:32 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2016, 01:11:58 AM by franc0

XFX R9 295X2   8 GB DDR5   1760   400 W   WOLF GPU MINER V0.4 1100/1500   WINDOWS 10 x64

SAPPHIRE RX 470 4GB OC REFERENCE   4 GB DDR5   778   110 W   CLAYMORE CRYPTONIGHT MINER   WINDOWS 7 x64

In example, I just don't see the reason to choose the R9 from the RX 470 hash per second is 778 and R9 is 1760, but r9 is much more expensive and is 400 watts vs 110 watts. Am i right?

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:35:28 AM

Yes you are right, you also need to take into consideration resale value

New RX470/480 cards are more efficient and you will be able to sell them easier then R9

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:12:35 AM

How much heat does a computer with 6 or 7 RX470 gpu's produces compared to a bitcoin miner such as the s9 ant miner.

GeeksHub

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 12:33:54 PM

i'm not that much of an expert but i can tell you it will be a lot of heat, i have a computer with only one powerful gpu and it's heating my room 3 c° more than th e rest of the house so 6 would produce like 60-50 c°
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: