Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:08:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin exchanges one day use ripple to help get money into their system?  (Read 456 times)
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:42:38 AM

Here is what I mean.... currently you have to transfer money to an exchange before it can be used to purchase bitcoins. I think this involves sending it to a bank that is directly connected to the exchange.

But what if an exchange has proxy businesses spread out in a country? For instance what if an exchange had a proxy in 7-11's throughout the US that allowed someone to come in, deposit cash to the proxy business and that cash would be available to be spent on the actual exchange immediately without needing it to be sent anywhere?

or am I misunderstanding things completely.... is this the issue that ripple will actually solve? Instead of needing to send your money/cash to an exchange you will be able to just send it to a proxy company and it will be immediately availalbe to buy bitcoins because ripple will use the web of trust so it doesn't actually need to be sent anywhere first?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: