Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Change Addresses and Coin Selection option  (Read 925 times)
sportis (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:24:50 PM

I started recently to use electrum as a more secure wallet from my web wallet (I use blockchain.info). I use the portable version even though there is a warning in the sub-forum but I believe there is no difference with installed one. I have a couple of questions where I didn't find an answer neither in documentations page nor searching the forum or the net.

1. Tools--> Preferences --> Transactions (Use Multiple Change Addresses check box) what means? I already have checked the above that is Use Change Addresses and looking in tab Addresses I can see Receiving and clicking left arrow besides Change there are six addresses. So what is the difference between them?

2. Tools--> Preferences --> Transactions --> Coin Selection: (Privacy and Priority). What is the difference using first or second one.

If someone has the same confusion with me and has found the solution maybe wants to drop a line or post a link.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:33:58 PM

I started recently to use electrum as a more secure wallet from my web wallet (I use blockchain.info). I use the portable version even though there is a warning in the sub-forum but I believe there is no difference with installed one. I have a couple of questions where I didn't find an answer neither in documentations page nor searching the forum or the net.

1. Tools--> Preferences --> Transactions (Use Multiple Change Addresses check box) what means? I already have checked the above that is Use Change Addresses and looking in tab Addresses I can see Receiving and clicking left arrow besides Change there are six addresses. So what is the difference between them?

2. Tools--> Preferences --> Transactions --> Coin Selection: (Privacy and Priority). What is the difference using first or second one.

If someone has the same confusion with me and has found the solution maybe wants to drop a line or post a link.

You can just hover your mouse pointer over the change addresses option or click the coin selection and it'll give you very good explanations on what those options are.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
sportis (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:11:30 PM

You can just hover your mouse pointer over the change addresses option or click the coin selection and it'll give you very good explanations on what those options are.

Thank you very much Jhanzo. It was so easy but I was not patient enough to understand it. Really helpful. I lock topic and I hope that would be useful for someone else like was for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: