Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:51:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralised News Platform  (Read 1008 times)
DApptothefuture (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 08:15:51 PM

Does anyone know of any Decentralised News Platforms that are currently live or at the least under development?  I feel like having a platform free from censorship where content providers are rewarded in a cryptocurrency/token for publishing valuable content for readers would be a perfect use case for Blockchain.  It could also be ad-free or if ads were included the revenue could be distributed among the token holders. 

Seems like a pretty simple concept, but I was surprised I couldn't find any active initiatives when searching.  Any thoughts or know of a platform similar to this?

MyBit designs products that open up the world, creating tools that enable freedom and wealth generation for everyone.
Nipperkin

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:40:34 PM

hmm, interesting idea. Take the steemit platform functionality and re-brand it as a 'fake news killer'...other issues include dealing with gaming the system, especially if you have ads that are creating a dividend for coinholders...I doubt adsense would be down for these kinds of 'incentivized' clicks.
DApptothefuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 08:54:34 PM

hmm, interesting idea. Take the steemit platform functionality and re-brand it as a 'fake news killer'...other issues include dealing with gaming the system, especially if you have ads that are creating a dividend for coinholders...I doubt adsense would be down for these kinds of 'incentivized' clicks.

I'm pretty against including ads on the platform - definitely want to avoid it if possible.  But it comes down to if users will be willing to pay small amounts (like a few satoshis) to authors that provide good content.  If that's possible then the platform could continuously attract the best authors and it could be sustainable in theory.  What do you think about that?

MyBit designs products that open up the world, creating tools that enable freedom and wealth generation for everyone.
DApptothefuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 09:02:20 PM

Steem looks like a pretty cool platform.  I wasn't familiar with it before you mentioned it.  Looks like it's pretty much the idea I had - they might have overcomplicated some things, but does it do pure news stories?  It reminds me of Reddit more than a breaking news/educational content site.

BTCRoyal

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

Early Bitcoin Supporter

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:29:35 AM

I would surely consider Steem to be what it is that you're looking for.
DApptothefuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 04:06:43 AM

Great! Thanks

firebird2490

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 04:59:50 AM

Does anyone know of any Decentralised News Platforms that are currently live or at the least under development?  I feel like having a platform free from censorship where content providers are rewarded in a cryptocurrency/token for publishing valuable content for readers would be a perfect use case for Blockchain.  It could also be ad-free or if ads were included the revenue could be distributed among the token holders.  

Seems like a pretty simple concept, but I was surprised I couldn't find any active initiatives when searching.  Any thoughts or know of a platform similar to this?

Hello DApptothefuture,

Your idea is good. Your idea totally reflects on our platform  Respectonomy which we are gonna pre-announce it by today or most by tomorrow. Since we are working on our website, so our website link won't be available. For the time being you can join us on twitter for further updates.

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/respectonomy

DApptothefuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 05:11:49 AM

Does anyone know of any Decentralised News Platforms that are currently live or at the least under development?  I feel like having a platform free from censorship where content providers are rewarded in a cryptocurrency/token for publishing valuable content for readers would be a perfect use case for Blockchain.  It could also be ad-free or if ads were included the revenue could be distributed among the token holders.  

Seems like a pretty simple concept, but I was surprised I couldn't find any active initiatives when searching.  Any thoughts or know of a platform similar to this?

Hello DApptothefuture,

Your idea is good. Your idea totally reflects on our platform  Respectonomy which we are gonna pre-announce it by today or most by tomorrow. Since we are working on our website, so our website link won't be available. For the time being you can join us on twitter for further updates.

Awesome! Keep me updated and if you need any help designing the front-end of the DApp shoot me a PM. I like angular & ionic for apps right now.

igigme77

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:12:41 AM

Watching.

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
firebird2490

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 05:24:26 AM

Hello DApptothefuture,

Awesome! Keep me updated and if you need any help designing the front-end of the DApp shoot me a PM. I like angular & ionic for apps right now.

I appreciate our interest for your platform, once we pre-announce it and once we are ready with website you will able to join us on multiple platform. Being an open source platform you can always contribute on github once link is available.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:06:43 AM

interesting idea but I find so many problems with it.

I feel like having a platform free from censorship

when there is no one to control the content there will be lots of other things too, things like FUD things like hyping an altcoin that they are bag holding. and lots of other spams and troubles.
and who is to decide what post is good and which one is not?
if you talk about some coin, those who are against it or want to see it drop in order to buy more will start saying it is FUD and talk against it. who will control things then?

where content providers are rewarded in a cryptocurrency/token for publishing valuable content for readers

this will be abused a lot. and it has already happened in the similar platforms.
such as steem that people are suggesting here. there are even people who buy upvotes (fake positive)

would be a perfect use case for Blockchain.  It could also be ad-free or if ads were included the revenue could be distributed among the token holders. 

again abuse.
users will create many alt accounts, upvote their own posts and increase their share of the revenue.

actually there was a forum like this where users could share in the revenue. the owner of the site had multiple accounts each of them with thousands of posts!!! which meant any other user could not even get the smallest share

Only Bitcoin
DApptothefuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 07:13:21 AM

interesting idea but I find so many problems with it.

I feel like having a platform free from censorship

when there is no one to control the content there will be lots of other things too, things like FUD things like hyping an altcoin that they are bag holding. and lots of other spams and troubles.
and who is to decide what post is good and which one is not?
if you talk about some coin, those who are against it or want to see it drop in order to buy more will start saying it is FUD and talk against it. who will control things then?

where content providers are rewarded in a cryptocurrency/token for publishing valuable content for readers

this will be abused a lot. and it has already happened in the similar platforms.
such as steem that people are suggesting here. there are even people who buy upvotes (fake positive)

would be a perfect use case for Blockchain.  It could also be ad-free or if ads were included the revenue could be distributed among the token holders. 

again abuse.
users will create many alt accounts, upvote their own posts and increase their share of the revenue.

actually there was a forum like this where users could share in the revenue. the owner of the site had multiple accounts each of them with thousands of posts!!! which meant any other user could not even get the smallest share

Makes sense, but what if the model was different?  Token holders have to approve authors before they can publish content (consensus approach).  This would greatly reduce spam and abuse.  Steemit already does a great job for a Reddit type Blockchain platform where anyone can post, but I think there may be space for a curated news DApp if done correctly.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:27:08 AM

-snip-

Makes sense, but what if the model was different?  Token holders have to approve authors before they can publish content (consensus approach).  This would greatly reduce spam and abuse.  Steemit already does a great job for a Reddit type Blockchain platform where anyone can post, but I think there may be space for a curated news DApp if done correctly.

it would lead to centralization again in my opinion because those who are approving the authors have all the power and can deny whatever they don't like which means something can be good and legit but against what those people like.
and then again it is enough to have one account approved to get all your alts approved too and start abuse earning from the system.

as I said steem is doing a similar job and people are abusing it by buying upvotes or whatever the hell it is they are doing there Cheesy

p.s. I don't mean to discourage though. I for one would love to see what you are proposing happen.

Only Bitcoin
DApptothefuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 07:57:13 AM

-snip-

it would lead to centralization again in my opinion because those who are approving the authors have all the power and can deny whatever they don't like which means something can be good and legit but against what those people like.
and then again it is enough to have one account approved to get all your alts approved too and start abuse earning from the system.

as I said steem is doing a similar job and people are abusing it by buying upvotes or whatever the hell it is they are doing there Cheesy

p.s. I don't mean to discourage though. I for one would love to see what you are proposing happen.

I embrace any potential issues/flaws people see.  I'd much rather think it through now than run into major issues after something is launched.  So for leading to centralised again is that because token distribution could be reduced if a small group decided to buy up a majority?  Wouldn't this be the case with all DApp models then?  I think having 51% distributed to "non-profit" nodes or those trusted industry-wide could be a solution.

igigme77

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:50:01 AM

Any devs in here to make this a reality?

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
DApptothefuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 02:52:35 AM

Yep

firebird2490

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 05:02:03 AM

Yes our team working on it. For further updates about our platform you can join us on twitter.

Twitter Link:https://twitter.com/respectonomy

firebird2490

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 02:35:26 PM

Hello DApptothefuture,

Hello Dapptofuture

We have finally made announcement of our project please visit below mentioned link for further updates.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732589.0

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:41:48 PM

Qora has a social network feature which allows to create blogs on the blockchain. You can even store individual code on the blockchain for the theme of the site for instance. Since the coin is pretty cheap at the moment, you can simply store text content cheaply.

Here are some links to do more research.
[/list]
igigme77

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:39:20 AM

Cool this is amazing. I cant believe im watching it from the start. Cant wait to see where this will be a year from now. If i can help in any way guys let me know because i believe that a project like this can be life changing for the whole entire world.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: