Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:08:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do bitcoin poker only sites keep closing?  (Read 2080 times)
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:45:31 PM

Haven't played bitcoin poker for a while, just when I started looking for my old sites they are both closed, I probably even had some chips in there, bitcoin is rising since Trump entered the scene, why are poker sites suffering?

Because the poker boom happened in 2003 and the sites that established themselves in that time are the ones who have survived, due to network effect also.  BTC sites have only been around after 2010 its hard to get a player base.  What we need is for BTC games to run on all sites in BTC.

well yeah but the market is keep changing , take party poker as an example as they were the top site in the world and now they aren't even in top3
and now pokerstars is doing horrible changes and this may change their position

but when it comes to btc  most players are afraid to turn to btc due the price factor , maybe when btc is more steady more players will show interest in btc cause the main problem is the lack of players
game-protect

Activity: 1344
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:22:17 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 07:59:09 PM by game-protect

Haven't played bitcoin poker for a while, just when I started looking for my old sites they are both closed, I probably even had some chips in there, bitcoin is rising since Trump entered the scene, why are poker sites suffering?

There are lots of popker sites around which are reliable and working perfectly. You should check some that were suggested and also others about which you can read browsing this forum. I'm new to this poker thing and keep being amazed by the amount of different tournaments one can take part in.
Some that were suggested, does not mean that they are reliable and working perfectly. You suggest betcoin.ag with your signature, but they are neither reliable nor working perfectly. You should let the checking to those who have a sound knowledge about these things. Wink

Betcoin.ag is reliable site though for their poker games, dont know about other games like you mentioned on your link there for their slots games. Are they clearing their mess? Giving a big payout really hard to do though even though for big site like them. But if it comes to poker i really think that they have a great support because from the start they mostly focus on poker than other games
No, they continue to lose customers and CUT, CUT, CUT is their new motto. Ask TwitchySeal, there were a lot of complaints about their poker section and traffic is decreasing!

Which customer has interest to play at a site that did not pay a crystal clear won 500 Bitcoins jackpot? Imagine you play a $1 million tournament at WPN, win and then will not receive your prize?

Giving a big payout is only really hard to do, if you embezzled the progressive jackpot contributions!

If you consider 7 Day Avg = 20 players as a "big site", then I do not want to know what you consider as a small site. 5 poker players in average?

24 Hr Peak actually decreased to 55, falling tendency. Betcoin.ag is a good example why bitcoin poker sites keep closing!
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:56:22 PM

Because the poker boom happened in 2003 and the sites that established themselves in that time are the ones who have survived, due to network effect also.  BTC sites have only been around after 2010 its hard to get a player base.  What we need is for BTC games to run on all sites in BTC.

well yeah but the market is keep changing , take party poker as an example as they were the top site in the world and now they aren't even in top3

but when it comes to btc  most players are afraid to turn to btc due the price factor , maybe when btc is more steady more players will show interest in btc cause the main problem is the lack of players

Actually what he said is correct. In 2003 in the USA there was a crazy online Poker boom. That's why sites like PokerStars and such have gotten so popular.

I saw a long documentary on Poker and it appears that since online Poker got so popular, at the same time it also become highly competative and very difficult to succeed in.

There were Poker legends who could make millions in Vegas but couldn't make a penny with online poker. Usually with online Poker its the younger crowd and they have gotten very smart.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 03:16:32 PM

The site doesn't make money, so they shut down the service, like luckyflop, satoshiclub

No, poker gives money but it needs to have its traffic I guess, and especially players, but for sure it keep closing because there are much more than poker nowadays where you can have so much fun and at the same time earn too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:55:54 PM

There are lots of popker sites around which are reliable and working perfectly. You should check some that were suggested and also others about which you can read browsing this forum. I'm new to this poker thing and keep being amazed by the amount of different tournaments one can take part in.
Some that were suggested, does not mean that they are reliable and working perfectly. You suggest betcoin.ag with your signature, but they are neither reliable nor working perfectly. You should let the checking to those who have a sound knowledge about these things. Wink

Betcoin.ag is reliable site though for their poker games, dont know about other games like you mentioned on your link there for their slots games. Are they clearing their mess? Giving a big payout really hard to do though even though for big site like them. But if it comes to poker i really think that they have a great support because from the start they mostly focus on poker than other games
No, they continue to lose customers and CUT, CUT, CUT is their new motto. Ask TwitchySeal, there were a lot of complaints about their poker section and traffic is decreasing...

Which customer has interest to play at a site that did not pay a crystal clear won 500 Bitcoins jackpot? Imagine you play a $1 million tournament at WPN, win and then will not receive your prize?

Giving a big payout is only really hard to do, if you embezzled the progressive jackpot contributions!

If you consider 7 Day Avg = 20 players as a "big site", then I do not want to know what you consider as a small site. 5 poker players in average?

24 Hr Peak actually decreased to 55, falling tendency. Betcoin.ag is a good example why bitcoin poker sites keep closing...

May be that is true they did not pay up for their slot games but i think they already pay back what he lost right? Around 1 btc back to him if i not mistaken. Saw their chat somewhere.

Never know that their traffic is really low for now. Last time when i saw their site, they still got 40++ players and they always paying on poker tournament and even host some big tourney too. Still considering their site to play though after that happened
game-protect

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:41:31 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 04:33:17 PM by game-protect

No, they continue to lose customers and CUT, CUT, CUT is their new motto. Ask TwitchySeal, there were a lot of complaints about their poker section and traffic is decreasing...

24 Hr Peak actually decreased to 55, falling tendency. Betcoin.ag is a good example why bitcoin poker sites keep closing...

May be that is true they did not pay up for their slot games but i think they already pay back what he lost right? Around 1 btc back to him if i not mistaken. Saw their chat somewhere.
It is a fact that they did not pay up for their slot games. Jasonort won a 500 Bicoins jackpot and betcoin.ag did not pay.

Never know that their traffic is really low for now. Last time when i saw their site, they still got 40++ players and they always paying on poker tournament and even host some big tourney too. Still considering their site to play though after that happened
Betcoin.ag host only very small and uninteresting tournaments. The big tournaments, they are connected to, are hosted by the Winning Poker Network. It is better to play with WPN skins than betcoin.ag, because then you have also a huge selection of cash games and Sit & Gos.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:27:47 PM

Them party poker days were insane, pokerstars was just a small site back then.  The games were so sick people could make several hundred k per year with basic skills.  Problem now is pokerstars have monopoly on the market and they know how to run a business to optimum levels - i dont see anything changing atm.  Maybe decentralized poker somehow with no rake but the fish go to the sites who advertise.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:04:43 PM

Its not only the bitcoin poker sites which is closing. The whole poker scene is seeing a slow down in players and bitcoin is only a small niche of this department, which means it is much much smaller.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:30:48 AM

Its not only the bitcoin poker sites which is closing. The whole poker scene is seeing a slow down in players and bitcoin is only a small niche of this department, which means it is much much smaller.

Pokerscout shows the statistics to track history on this.  The market is flat in general and has been for a few years.  Many of the pros now are doing things like streaming on twitch and making more via marketing themselves vs actual game.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:24:41 PM

[quote author=game-protect link=topic=1731044.msg17485998#msg17485998
Betcoin.ag host only very small and uninteresting tournaments. The big tournaments, they are connected to, are hosted by the Winning Poker Network. It is better to play at a WPN skin than betcoin.ag, because then you have also a huge selection of cash games and Sit & Gos.

If you register with Game Protect https://game-protect.com/poker-host-details/ , then you also qualify for our online gaming consumer protection service. Wink
[/quote]

Yeah I know their tourney is host by some wpn but still they have thing to connect it with them though. And as you said they only offer small and uninterested tourney? Is this like only freerolls? Does not make sense though because their site is first build and known for their poker games not other games

And btw you have a red trust too how can people believe you that you are doing the right things here? I know they didnt pay a lot of coin to him but still if some red trust member is always having some issue that they cant even solved
game-protect

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:14:34 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 04:23:16 PM by game-protect

Yeah I know their tourney is host by some wpn but still they have thing to connect it with them though. And as you said they only offer small and uninterested tourney? Is this like only freerolls? Does not make sense though because their site is first build and known for their poker games not other games
No, I said that betcoin.ag itself host only very small and uninteresting tournaments. They offer big and interesting tournaments from the Winning Poker Network. Betcoin.ag's cash game traffic is not connected to the Winning Poker Network and therefore very small and interesting (see data from pokerscout.com above).

As you promoted the betcoin.ag scam, you should know what betcoin.ag offer and what not.

And btw you have a red trust too how can people believe you that you are doing the right things here? I know they didnt pay a lot of coin to him but still if some red trust member is always having some issue that they cant even solved
Let us take a look at it:

[ ]  Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.
->  as I never scammed anyone, there is only a strongly believe left. To say I am untrustworthy because someone believes something, is absurd! We have freedom of believe and everyone can believe whatever he likes, as long as he is not violent.  

What count is the content of the negative feedback, if it is provable thru and has a relation to the reality. And everyone can see and prove that the negative feedback betcoin.ag has is a fact and criminal offense. This is the difference between the negative feedback given to Game Protect and betcoin.ag scam.

Ask those who joined the pending litigation cases on Game Protect how they can believe that I am doing the right things here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: