Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:42:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk not a valid collateral?  (Read 385 times)
Tipsters (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:31:30 AM

Well I've read alot of account seller and buyer getting red trust from solid green trust. I know that buying and selling bitcointalk accounts isn't against the rule on this forum. But most trusted people consider that selling accounts an act to encourage different types of shady behavior.

Account sales encourage different types of shady behavior (scams, spam, account farming, et al.).

So i think its time to consider bitcointalk accounts not to be a valid collateral on lending. Actually, I'm not into buying and selling accounts. This is just a suggestion to all lenders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:40:49 AM

Has been discussed several times before.Its up to the lender to decide whether he considers a particular account as a valid collateral for the amount of loan asked for. I agree most of the account collateral are either farmed up scammers or simply hacked accounts but there are certain cases where an account should be considered a valid collateral. Example : A hero member account with proven ownership should be allowed to loan up to 0.02 bitcoins.It would be stupid of him to lose his collateral for 0.02 and hence he would genuinely repay it.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:53:37 AM

Like Joel said, it still depends on the lender whether they'll be accepting bitcointalk accouts as valid collateral tho there is a high risk involved in it. There are people whogive defaulted accounts negative feedbacks. Also as most people here does not encourage account sales, they believe that with not accepting bitcointalk accounts as collateral, eventually accounts will loose value and thus account sales will be prevente but I doubt every lender agrees against account sales.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 12:49:30 PM

Maybe they give red trust so they can sell accounts without competition? imo admins and staff of the forum should actually create accounts with different ranks and put them up for sale because if we want them to maintain and keep this forum alive and have a decent support then selling a few ad spaces is not enough for them, also they need to keep something for themselves right?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 05:52:16 PM

So i think its time to consider bitcointalk accounts not to be a valid collateral on lending. Actually, I'm not into buying and selling accounts. This is just a suggestion to all lenders.
I don't think Meta is the appropriate section for this. Account sales aren't currently against the forum rules, but are frowned upon by a good part of the community. Unfortunately, there is no way to *stop* people from taking in accounts as collateral (which is a weak type of collateral to begin with). I suspect that instead of trying to find buyers these days, a portion of the account farmers just dump them by defaulting on loans. What you could do is, talk to the main lenders and try to persuade them to stop accepting accounts. I think that with valid arguments and community "pressure", you could convince most of them.

Maybe they give red trust so they can sell accounts without competition? imo admins and staff of the forum should actually create accounts with different ranks and put them up for sale because if we want them to maintain and keep this forum alive and have a decent support then selling a few ad spaces is not enough for them, also they need to keep something for themselves right?
Bullshit without any proof to back it up. I don't know of a single staff member that has an alt besides hilariousandco (self-admitted though).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: