Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin strong enough to withstand an attack from the fiat-money system owner  (Read 886 times)
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:21:28 PM

Another conspiracy theory if you ask me, what will happen if big players enter in bitcoin (if they didnt already). Why everyone assume that big fiat players wish to destroy bitcoin, they can also earn from bitcoin and have other advantages.
   To not go off topic, nothing is strong enough to withstand coordinated and well planed attack!!! That is it, you can talk more if you wish but there is no point for that.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:11:30 PM

Using fiat to buy bitcoin to destroy bitcoin don't make sense to me. They might buy btc, let it increase in price and then sell off, that wouldn't really change the price much. If they simply lock away the bitcoin they bought or "destroy" it, then the price of the remaining bitcoin in circulation would just increase.

It would be far more efficient to just pass a law restricting or banning the use of bitcoin. Again this would just be within one country. It would take a lot of effort to ban it globally. And it's not like a ban would stop the more tech-savvy bitcoin users.
ayrton55 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:46:13 PM

20%down in a few hours... that was what i was suspicious of, not just because some housewives decided to harvest their gain i guess...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: