Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any php code that can detect vpn/proxy  (Read 1227 times)
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:12:28 PM

If the whole internet connection is passing through the proxy/vpn/tunnel then not a chance, also tor uses a protocol that you can't tell if it's a tor relay or not.
Kazuldur
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:15:03 PM

If the whole internet connection is passing through the proxy/vpn/tunnel then not a chance, also tor uses a protocol that you can't tell if it's a tor relay or not.

Actually testing if connection is from Tor is trivial, as Tor advertises list of all exit nodes.

Detecting proxies/vpns/tunnels is of course impossible to do 100% accurately, but you can try to build blacklists of known services (and that's what nastyhosts does), greatly reducing problem.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 01:48:09 AM

Actually testing if connection is from Tor is trivial, as Tor advertises list of all exit nodes.

Detecting proxies/vpns/tunnels is of course impossible to do 100% accurately, but you can try to build blacklists of known services (and that's what nastyhosts does), greatly reducing problem.

You beat me to it.. Just add exit nodes to blacklist DB tables.. TOR defeated

SMS with SMS verification on region-change is also proven to beat TOR with no blacklisting or proxy-detection at all..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: