Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:20:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think Gox is Lying  (Read 1119 times)
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:44:55 AM

I'm a whole seller of the DDos thing.  I was watching it trade, it happened just as before.  The prices started to sell off for about 20 minutes and then started to lag, and then slower and slower till they were down.

These are customers running to trade btc, either to join the selling or buy the dip.  But when the price moves a bunch, in these 2 cases down, then the lag, then the crash.  DDos wouldn't progressively set in like that.  Ddos hits a site quickly.

I think they opened way too many accounts and can't handle the volume.  Their tx engine keeps crashing/freezing.  Just go offline guys.  It is healthier that way, go offline till you fix your code and upgrade your capacity.

Enough bullshit, there is no evil demon ddosing you.  Who would it profit to do this?  This guy wants to buy back lower? gimme break, he's breaking the back of btc trading.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:26:22 AM

I'm a whole seller of the DDos thing.  I was watching it trade, it happened just as before.  The prices started to sell off for about 20 minutes and then started to lag, and then slower and slower till they were down.

These are customers running to trade btc, either to join the selling or buy the dip.  But when the price moves a bunch, in these 2 cases down, then the lag, then the crash.  DDos wouldn't progressively set in like that.  Ddos hits a site quickly.

I think they opened way too many accounts and can't handle the volume.  Their tx engine keeps crashing/freezing.  Just go offline guys.  It is healthier that way, go offline till you fix your code and upgrade your capacity.

Enough bullshit, there is no evil demon ddosing you.  Who would it profit to do this?  This guy wants to buy back lower? gimme break, he's breaking the back of btc trading.
+10 most sense I've heard all day
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:30:55 AM

Look now how nicely the site is running.  Seriously.   What happened to the ddos, just went away?   They rebooted and cleared some cache, or transitioned to fatter connection and dns had to update.  I got a 502 bad gateway for a few minutes.   Then they are back up and full speed, even snappy. 

We shall see.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:36:12 AM

Look now how nicely the site is running.  Seriously.   What happened to the ddos, just went away?   

There never was one. Look here at MtGox saying there never was one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172991.msg1140417
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:39:31 AM

Look now how nicely the site is running.  Seriously.   What happened to the ddos, just went away?   

Keep up bro:
https://twitter.com/MtGox/status/322281690309468160

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:42:41 AM

I think they opened way too many accounts and can't handle the volume.  Their tx engine keeps crashing/freezing. 

They specifically admitted this is the case and are spinning it as being "victims of their own success".

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:58:17 AM

Keep up bro:
https://twitter.com/MtGox/status/322281690309468160

Indeed.
juice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:52:16 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 07:42:15 AM by juice

https://defuse.ca/bitcoin-pool-ddos.htm

Pages: [1]