Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 survivors club  (Read 5015 times)
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:14:16 PM

I'm not impressed by my post/day average I must say, I guess I'm a classical lurker Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:14:21 PM

I was born from 2011, basically.

With a rebirth occurring now.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:14:25 PM

I was born from 2011, basically.

You will die (your forum persona) in 2014 because of the bull run.  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:55:48 PM

It does look familiar. However, I don't believe in a long slow slide, that one was boring. This time bitcoin should play something more exciting, a long period of uncertainty maybe where bulls and bears would be playing king of the hill on a monthly rotation? Just like stock market, only wilder. That would be fun.

i am satoshi
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 03:58:23 PM

It does look familiar. However, I don't believe in a long slow slide, that one was boring. This time bitcoin should play something more exciting, a long period of uncertainty maybe where bulls and bears would be playing king of the hill on a monthly rotation? Just like stock market, only wilder. That would be fun.

A daytraders dream come true.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:04:25 PM

I remember watching my money triple and cackling like a madman at night in 2011, then I started learning.

Don't suppose anyone's seen Nagle yet?  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Any moment now, or his successor, I'm looking forward to that, Bring on the FUD!
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:05:01 PM

I remember watching my money triple and cackling like a madman at night in 2011, then I started learning.

Don't suppose anyone's seen Nagle yet?  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Any moment now, or his successor, I'm looking forward to that, Bring on the FUD!
Oh Nagle, long gone.
YoYa

Activity: 809

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:09:42 PM

Any moment now....

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:12:18 PM

I've been a Bitcoin enthusiasts and miner since March of 2011, I've traded a little, lost 2/3s of my coin calling a bubble at $15 on the way up to $200.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
meanig

Activity: 531

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:15:53 PM

I survived the boom and bust of 2011 without breaking a sweat because I'm certain Bitcoin is the future of exchange.

Just wait until another EU country (I'm looking at you Ireland, Slovenia, Portugal) needs a bail in and the Bitcoin rocket will resume.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:28:14 PM

I've been in since Q1 '11.

It's not that tough to survive all this shit, if you aren't doing stupid stuff.  It's kind of a drag when a buy-and-hold strategy means you have to hang on for longer - but whatever.  In the meantime, I still buy bitcoin with fiat whenever I want to buy something that's available for bitcoin - and buy some extra to hang onto for every purchase.

This one has been pretty exciting though.  Glad I sold a few for my upcoming vacation - at $236-240 - before it hit the fan.  Dumb luck.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:38:45 PM

Obtained my first BTC during the $4-$20 rise/fall. Managed to hold onto a few to play with during this rise/fall, though Gox has abruptly ended some of the fun. Fortunately there are other exchanges. Already looking forward to the next bubble.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:52:41 PM

I started getting involved with Bitcoin when it was at 9$ and on it's run up to 31$. Didn't make a bitcointalk account until a bit later, but I must say I'm enjoying my time around here:

Total time logged in: 30 days, 6 hours and 57 minutes.

Never been banned either Grin

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:59:08 PM

Never been banned either Grin
i have been! and it was fun! Cheesy

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

Bought in at around $1 back when it was paypal gifts, and a good set of balls(/stupidity).

Sold bits on the way up to 32, becuase just like recently, it was going to high too fast.

Bought back in on the way down (too early, and not enough at the bottom because i was too chicken!) what I'd sold was up. Zhoutonged for $700 on bitcoinica lockout. Was still a bit up.

Held tight, sold bits on the way up to $266, even counting the bitcoinica loss I am several thousand dollars in profit now. Still have half my coins. Gonna be sitting tight and hold until the next bubble. Probably won't buy unless we go super low (sub $30 again). Still beleive BTC is going to the moon 10-100k per coin, and I'm happy to wait.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
TomRado

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:10:59 PM

Mined some coins before the 2011 bubble but didn't even make an account on any exchange. Saw the bubble build and burst and kept my coins. Almost forgot about my coins, luckily remembered when we hit the previous ATH.
Then there was a time in the last weeks when i was actually below the amount of coins i went in from mining due to bad daytrading - staying short when prices jump up 30% - but things were moving way to fast. Now it feels like just holding might not always be the best strategy Grin

As long as the price doesn't jump above 250 Euros before I get the chance to buy back in I'm feeling fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:22:50 PM

Bought all the way down from the 2011 crash. Will continue to buy these days as long as nothing actually fundamental to bitcoin changes for the negative.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:36:54 PM

Looks like I have the oldest account here  Cool Was here a long time ago, but didn't get involved in bitcoin much until after 2011 crash. Started seriously investing into it at the end of 2011, but sold most of them in February and March (not at the top unfortunately). Looking forward to buy some more after the price stabilizes. I don't think it will be in next couple of months though, there's still a long way downwards.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:40:46 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:00:07 AM by SlipperySlope

I joined in June 2011, having solved two blocks myself with a CPU miner back in 2010. Last time around, I commented mainly on small scale GPU mining rigs, mining pools, and then some swing trading down the backside of the 2012 June bubble peak. This time around I was able to better time the peak, and half of my spread out, pre-positioned sell/buy-back limit orders on Mt.Gox executed, netting me a double on the small number of coins risked.

Timing a bitcoin peak is perhaps more knowable given that the 2011 Survivors Club members have seen two of them. There are common attributes that stand out ...

• Several months of monotonically increasing price growth, including multiple doublings
  • Increase in the doubling rate. In Bubble 1 - June 2011, the price doubled in a single day at the peak. In Bubble 2 - this one, the price doubled in seven days at the peak.
  • The very large number of new investors, and the explosion of buy orders.
  • Problems at Mt.Gox occurred during the crash phase.
May I have the wisdom to survive the next bubble.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:51:09 PM

Remember how people were always saying that Bitcoin would never see single-digits again? And how, even if it did, it would be for a very short period because everyone would want to buy at that price?

Good times...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: