Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 survivors club  (Read 5015 times)
axus

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:52:59 PM

Yep.  I "lost" money then, "gained" it back when the price went back over $20.
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

I'm still here  Cheesy
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:09:00 PM

Here to stay.
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:10:37 PM

still here.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

I smiled all the way up to $34 in 2011, then smiled all the way down to $2, then smiled all the way up to $266 yesterday.

Never sold. Still not selling. Still smiling.  Smiley

Why am I smiling this whole time? Because of the Trillion Dollar Question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173536.0

dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:43:25 PM

Still here and Mt Gox still has all my coins on lockdown from bitcoinica.  Probably same story when this thread gets created in 2014 once again.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:52:53 PM

Still here and Mt Gox still has all my coins on lockdown from bitcoinica.  Probably same story when this thread gets created in 2014 once again.

Here's what I've learned over the past couple years, consider coins not in your own secure wallet something other than your own.  Despite what lots of people probably think of me, I do value bitcoins, but I don't think their value can be sustained much above a few bucks (optimistically) until people really internalize and appreciate that fact.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
old_engineer

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:54:17 PM

Don't suppose anyone's seen Nagle yet?  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Where's nagle when you need to kick him?  Smiley

Another $32-$2 survivor here.  I sold out completely after I saw a similar pump & dump this time last year, and didn't buy in again until early this year.  It was nice taking a year off from checking charts constantly, though like everyone else, I wish I had bought more at $2 and sold more at $250! Smiley

We found the floor in late 2011 at $2, with later floors at $5 and $13. I think the new floor will be $75 based on the 35k bid that was flashed last night at that price, and we'll be back over $100 within the next week.  Bitcoins still have some very useful properties.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 07:08:15 PM

Lets just say, in the coming months we will see who the real bulls are... Wink

When gox reopens I should come up with a reasonable timeframe. Shorting becomes a temptation again but I think I will resist it this time.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:20:23 PM

I was there ways before. The whole narrative is overblown. The price goes up, the price goes down... what's the big deal? What matters to me is that Bitcoin is growing, as more and more people find it useful for whatever purpose. Speculation, store of value, international transfers, tax avoidance, consumer tracking, financial audits, micropayments, macropayments, gambling, contracts, whatever. We should not focus on price fluctuations too much while forgetting to think about and work on the utility of Bitcoin.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Anth0n

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:30:53 PM

I lost some money in 2011, then afterwards bought a lot of coins at $5. I still have all of those coins, and I just might just do something similar again if the price goes low enough.
BlueTemplar

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Gone for a minute now back again

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:36:03 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 07:47:40 PM by BlueTemplar

I invested in bitcoin at the worst time ever after a week of research... at the value of 28$ in 2011, just before the crash. (I believed in bitcoin, so held on them despite the pressure from mocking relatives.) The funny thing is that if I were to get out now I would still triple my investment!

I'm kind of kicking myself now because I decided to sell 5 BTC just before the bubble popped because I need some cash right now, but didn't act on it because I lost my MtGox password (and can't seem to be able to get a new one, will probably need to make a new account), and because it looks like I'm going to need several weeks for the Bitcoin client to catch up... (you can send BTC even if you aren't 100% synchronized, right?)

So, do you think that history is going to repeat itself : that we're going to see BTC go down to about 30$ during the next months, then gaining momentum for a new bubble at around 2200$ in two years?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:47:15 PM

2011 after crash was the best memory for me, difficulty went down all the way and my mining profit increased week by week, but this time seems no luck, difficulty still on the rise, and with the release of Avalon Batch 2/3 and BFL ASICs in sight, it will double in another month or two   Undecided

I think the electricity cost for GPU miner is the fundamental support for bitcoin price, currently 1G hash gives 0.06 bitcoin per day, using $3 electricity, that is 50 USD for 1 bitcoin

yokosan (OP)

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:53:52 PM

2011 after crash was the best memory for me, difficulty went down all the way and my mining profit increased week by week, but this time seems no luck, difficulty still on the rise, and with the release of Avalon Batch 2/3 and BFL ASICs in sight, it will double in another month or two   Undecided

I think the electricity cost for GPU miner is the fundamental support for bitcoin price, currently 1G hash gives 0.06 bitcoin per day, using $3 electricity, that is 50 USD for 1 bitcoin

Got to feel sorry for anybody that recently sunk funds into ASICs... especially the ones that bought them well above price on ebay.

Actually I don't feel sorry for the ebay ones at all, they are greedy cunts and deserve everything they get.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:55:07 PM

I watched all the way from $.25 to $32 and down without any bitcoins. I have balls of steel.

But then I slowly started to buy, and buy. Stopped increasing the net position as it crossed $100 recently.

Now I am prepared to make a killing by trading, dealing and arbitrage. I have coins and fiat in the exchanges. No matter where the price goes, I intend to be at least BTC100 richer in 24 hours.

I don't believe in a lasting crash, since at the rate I make money, all your coins are belong to us in less than 20 years.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:56:45 PM

I remember pricing the Bitcoin Magazine at 1 BTC for simplicity and being worried about losing money on shipping.  Cheesy

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 07:57:17 PM

I watched all the way from $.25 to $32 and down without any bitcoins. I have balls of steel.

But then I slowly started to buy, and buy. Stopped increasing the net position as it crossed $100 recently.

Now I am prepared to make a killing by trading, dealing and arbitrage. I have coins and fiat in the exchanges. No matter where the price goes, I intend to be at least BTC100 richer in 24 hours.

I don't believe in a lasting crash, since at the rate I make money, all your coins are belong to us in less than 20 years.

Which exchange you will be on?
yokosan (OP)

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:59:00 PM

Probably all of them. rpietila has more funds than me but I intend to make a lot more than 100 BTC in the next 24 hours Cheesy
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:01:18 PM

I saw the run to $32, then started mining on the tail down to $2.  I bought a few more rigs around $2 and kept mining and sold way too much at $5.  Lost a lot due to greed with Pirate@40 and conman Hashking.  But I held the rest and haven't traded them since (except for buying 2 Avalons and a BFL unicorn).

I could have sold at $250 but I think it's better for my health to not stress.  No point having wealth if you're dead or dying.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:02:31 PM

Probably all of them. rpietila has more funds than me but I intend to make a lot more than 100 BTC in the next 24 hours Cheesy

Yes, and I pay 5-10% over for any codes/funds in the exchanges. Sell your coins and PM me. $10k minimum trade 'cause busy  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: