Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:44:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info-Confirmation taking too much time  (Read 567 times)
toolbox (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:22:47 PM

It's been more than 1 hour and I am till waiting for the first confirmation.
https://blockchain.info/address/1LkE83jWDcLQvFVmxdNrcUCiLnDkfWGsXj
Many blocks were mined during this time and still it's unconfirmed.
What could be causing this?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:36:38 PM

Your transaction contain around 60 satoshi per byte and you can see https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ there are many transaction with that amount of fee per byte and site is suggesting they will be confirmed in next 1-8 blocks so better wait for few more blocks. Your transaction will get confirmed within next few blocks.

Estimated time to get confirmation for transaction like yours is 0 to 180 minute currently.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 11:15:37 PM

It's already been confirmed so, better to lock this thread now.

Oh and next time, you should first take a look at https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ ,
that way, you'll be better able to decide which fees to use depending on your needs. If you're in a hurry then use a higher fee, if you can afford to wait then use a lower one.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:11:27 AM

To clarify, blockchain.info has nothing to do with your blocks or anything, all it's doing is reading the blockchain in a human-friendly format. You have to pay fees that are competitive with what everyone else is paying, as the blocks have been full lately.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:37:03 AM

you very low is use sending fee
standard sending fee this now, in use very high volume transaction
if you want fast transaction, sending fee must 50k satoshi/Kb
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:53:31 AM

Don't spread misinformation, please. The fee needed as of now (or almost all day today) has been 20.6k/kb, a far cry from 50k (less than half). Not sure if you're just making up numbers or don't actually understand how the system works.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:45:21 AM

Don't spread misinformation, please. The fee needed as of now (or almost all day today) has been 20.6k/kb, a far cry from 50k (less than half). Not sure if you're just making up numbers or don't actually understand how the system works.
you are right 50K is huge amount of fee. I never see any wallet recommending such amount while sending money. wallets always recommend about 26K or less. but he's also right. if you add more fee you're transaction's chance to be confirmed will be higher than others.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:58:36 AM

you are right 50K is huge amount of fee. I never see any wallet recommending such amount while sending money. wallets always recommend about 26K or less. but he's also right. if you add more fee you're transaction's chance to be confirmed will be higher than others.
Well i think the OP must open ticket on administrator of blockchain.info because it will make sure what happen on this chase actually,
Blockchain.info becomes difficult for be used for right now. Many problem in it after they made updating features.
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:07:14 AM

I think that normal because fee too low right.I do transactions a few min ago had a fast transactions with huge fee Wink
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:31:35 AM

Well i think the OP must open ticket on administrator of blockchain.info because it will make sure what happen on this chase actually,
Blockchain.info becomes difficult for be used for right now. Many problem in it after they made updating features.
Sending them tickets willnot help because the transactio was already broadcasted. It has nothing to do with your wallet provider hut the blockchain network itself. The only thing he has to do is to wait for his transactio to get confirmed which I am sure is already confirmed.
neochiny

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 07:15:39 AM

I agree. That is pure misinformation ArdiPrabowo. 50 k is the standard now?
Only way one would be "required" to pay 50k is if they got at least 4 inputs and 1 output.

4(inputs) * 148 + 1(output) * 10 = 626 (transaction size +-10) * 80 (current suggested per byte) = 50,880 .

The average transaction size, for now, is 226 bytes which means 18,080 as fees.
Setting the fees too high will just serve to drive up the required/suggested fees for the following blocks.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:33:34 AM

Setting the fees too high will just serve to drive up the required/suggested fees for the following blocks.

It shouldn't impact much, really. The blocks are 1k kilobytes (or 1 MB) as of late. A single transaction, assuming "average" size of 200 bytes, would be less than 1/5,000th of this size. If everyone is using the normal fee, you'd have to pay 5,000x that fee just to make the average double.

neochiny

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 10:20:59 AM

It shouldn't impact much, really. The blocks are 1k kilobytes (or 1 MB) as of late. A single transaction, assuming "average" size of 200 bytes, would be less than 1/5,000th of this size. If everyone is using the normal fee, you'd have to pay 5,000x that fee just to make the average double.
Granted that it wouldn't matter much if he was the only one doing it. But we both know that the likelihood of that is almost nil.
I keep seeing people on multiple threads say, 'just set a higher fee' , 'you should always add a high fee', etc.
But the problem with that is most don't even know how to calculate transaction size and so they don't realize how/what '80/byte' means. (I was like that before, and so I asked multiple times on how to do it.Finally, someone answered.)

Which is why I'm now trying to share to those who are unaware, the method on how to calculate transaction size as well as the possible outcome if everyone keeps on blindly setting very high fees.
(I made a transaction earlier, the suggested fee per byte was 80 but I set it at 110/byte because I really really needed it to confirm ASAP. I know it doesn't really matter much but I still felt kinda guilty. lol.  Grin Grin just sharing.haha)  Tongue

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
toolbox (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:41:08 AM

So it all depends on the trending fees,right?
But why is the fees dynamic?
Can't we just fix the fees?
On what all things does it depend on?

Xanidas

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 12:22:07 PM

sometimes wallets adjusting their suggested fees based on how many unconfirmed transaction are currently waiting in the network to get confirmation and it depends on how much is the fee required so your transaction will get confirmed as soon as possible. if there are only around 2mb of transaction size waiting, you will probably be asked to send with low fees tho

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Darwin02

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:35:50 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 02:04:29 PM by Darwin02

Sending them tickets willnot help because the transactio was already broadcasted. It has nothing to do with your wallet provider hut the blockchain network itself. The only thing he has to do is to wait for his transactio to get confirmed which I am sure is already confirmed.
Yes I agree we cannot do anything for the BTC already been sent even you open a ticket it willnot help your transaction. next time give much higher mining fee  to make it much faster to send if youe in hurry.
And ithink the reason why it's take too long is there is more transaction need to confirm.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:29:49 PM

It's not blockchain's fault that you put a low fee on a transaction so you'll just have to wait it out and see if it confirms. If it doesn't, it'll be returned to the mempool anyways so there's no big risk unless you need the payment sent fast. RBF is also possible but it's a bit of a hassle and i'd just wait.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:34:04 PM

Fees depend on how much others are willing to pay. Essentially, it uses a "bidding war" system. The blocks right now are full, so what happens is you and I both want our transaction in it. The system asks how much we'll pay to be added. You say 0.01 and I say 0.009. It says "well, he's paying 0.001 more so I'm giving him that slot." As more bidders come in and raise the price, the average goes up. As blocks get cleared through, the price lowers again as there's no reason for me to offer that 0.009 if there's no competition.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: