Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:24:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: one gpu slower then others?  (Read 1131 times)
taylorgreen2012 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:08:54 PM

using claymore miner, everything running fine except one gpu is only getting 2.0 mh/s where the others are getting 18-20 mh/s. have moved some cables around and the problem moves. pretty much narrowed it down to maybe the pcie slot on motherboard. or some sort of setting or software issue. Any thoughts? thanks in advance.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:43:33 PM

using claymore miner, everything running fine except one gpu is only getting 2.0 mh/s where the others are getting 18-20 mh/s. have moved some cables around and the problem moves. pretty much narrowed it down to maybe the pcie slot on motherboard. or some sort of setting or software issue. Any thoughts? thanks in advance.

What is card in question and what is coin you are trying to mine ? If your card has 2gb of memory and you are trying to mine ETH you will get this problem because of dag files. I was getting it too on one of my rigs.
taylorgreen2012 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:01:24 PM

powercolor r9380 4gb. running 6 mining eth classic. narrowed it down to having to be some sort of setting or memory allocating issue. other then that kind of stumped. problem persists over different  coins. zcash was the other I tested. don't believe it is a hardware issue. took out gpu and slot in question and the slow down moved.
taylorgreen2012 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:16:42 PM

What is card in question and what is coin you are trying to mine ? If your card has 2gb of memory and you are trying to mine ETH you will get this problem because of dag files. I was getting it too on one of my rigs.

I have 8gb ram, and a very full ssd. could this be the hang up?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: