Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:55:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 Kialara bill. The most collectible and exclusive..  (Read 2458 times)
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:09:02 AM

I don't understand how this commends such a premium. Can't anyone draw some sunglasses on a $100 bill and stamp it saying the same thing. Or am I missing something that makes this More special

Kialara is a great brand.... are you familiar with Max and the Kialara pieces?
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2423
Merit: 1641

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:11:28 AM

Simply Gorgeous ...

Viz
AltcoinScamfinder (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:17:41 AM

I don't understand how this commends such a premium. Can't anyone draw some sunglasses on a $100 bill and stamp it saying the same thing. Or am I missing something that makes this More special

Limited edition, traceable ownwrship, known artist etc. I guess. Why are some Casascius coins selling for massive premiums?

FOR RENT.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:20:29 AM

Limited edition, traceable ownwrship, known artist etc. I guess. Why are some Casascius coins selling for massive premiums?
Nothing compared to this artpiece holding 1 btc. It's 6 times the face value (100$ bill not included in genius calculation)
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:23:35 AM

Nothing compared to this artpiece holding 1 btc. It's 6 times the face value (100$ bill not included in genius calculation)

Each piece has .23 BTC i think on it... which was $100 worth at the time.
AltcoinScamfinder (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:38:51 AM

Art is art. Not sure any collector or art piece has a valuation that can be logically defended.

FOR RENT.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:00:30 AM

T really wish I had 6 spare BTC to throw around for this.   This is super nice and was looking to bid when he initially sold them. 

AltcoinScamfinder (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:37:14 AM

I can sign a T-shirt, so can Banksy. Mine would be worth purchase price minus scribbles. Banksys would be worth $100k

Assessing art based on face value is not a thing.

In the case of this piece I believe lot of the value rests in the artist, as well as the given minimal crypto value but the fact that there are a limited amount of artists that have any provenance in the crypto space.

I also own a few works by Kuno Goda that made the first artist prints of Bitcoin and Ethereum and they sell for $10k+ for "just a piece of paper".

FOR RENT.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:31:39 AM

If anything, I had sold my bill earlier this year.

All the best to you altcsf!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 05:39:30 AM

How much did you sold yours for?

This is an awesome piece of work by Max , not only it has thug glasses but it owns 100$ worth of bitcoin as on Jan 2016 if am right which was around 0.23 BTC
It has a hologram if you see clearly which i guess has the privkey for them

It was really controversial as people thought and say that writing or cutting a Legal tender is punishable , though not new thing in art history but still as it turned out this one was not destroyed in anyway and was still good but this one is super rare , being only 10 made ever and more won't be made ever as said by max in his original Thread.

Good luck to whoever ends up owing it! It's a beauty Smiley
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:25:51 AM

I'll offer 3.3 BTC. That is nowhere near what you are looking for, but its what I am prepared to offer.

Should you go the auction route, I will definitely participate.

Edit: That was 3.5, I meant to put 3.3. Just clarifying the typo instead of hoping it wasn't noticed.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:31:03 AM

I'll let the buyer reveal the price, but it was less than the ask for the bar on sale here.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 12:29:26 PM

I'll let the buyer reveal the price, but it was less than the ask for the bar on sale here.

Thanks
i'd say the price asked here is little high IMO
i'll definitely participate in Auction though Cheesy
NewkTownTN

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:00:04 PM

This is the collector piece that introduced me to this forum via a link Max placed on Reddit.  Way out of my price range then and now, but very nice to see one being offered again, and its value is a testament to the trust and brand loyalty Max/Kialara has developed and earned with this community.  Good luck on your sale!

edit: words
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:34:55 PM

So .... I was the buyer from Miffman. On this occasion, I would prefer to keep the price between Miff and myself

I would value seeing the market determine the fair price for this piece now, although to be honest, it would have to be very strong to convince me to consider parting with mine

I have a feeling this has significant potential to appreciate in the long term (certainly wrt Fiat values .... hedged bet when it comes to BTC values)

Good luck with your sale

M4cca

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:09:37 AM

very, very, very interested in this, and the ask seems reasonable to me. funds won't be liquid until end of jan tho (short of me peeling some coins...which ain't gunna happen) so fingers crossed for a delayed start to any auction on this...

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 01:39:02 AM

So .... I was the buyer from Miffman. On this occasion, I would prefer to keep the price between Miff and myself

I would value seeing the market determine the fair price for this piece now, although to be honest, it would have to be very strong to convince me to consider parting with mine

I have a feeling this has significant potential to appreciate in the long term (certainly wrt Fiat values .... hedged bet when it comes to BTC values)

Good luck with your sale

That's awesome that you own one now Cheesy
I want one too but is very hard , maybe if it's on Auction Cheesy

And yes ,it's a good idea to not reveal the price - it was just my curious self that wanted to know for no reason Cheesy
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:46:44 PM

Interesting to see how it goes. Nice piece Smiley
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:13:40 PM

Kialara is a great brand.... are you familiar with Max and the Kialara pieces?

I agree, I own all Kialara's (except this one), but I also expect a high value of BTC embedded along with such an expensive item, it's definitely cool.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:09:35 PM

Well the original artwork used for the latest Kialara series and the 001 edition of the latest bars sold for around the 2.5BTC mark at today's prices. I'm not saying that this can be used as a guideline (I think it was undersold) but just interesting to note.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: