Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 Kialara bill. The most collectible and exclusive..  (Read 2444 times)
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 06:33:22 AM

I don't understand how this commends such a premium. Can't anyone draw some sunglasses on a $100 bill and stamp it saying the same thing. Or am I missing something that makes this More special

Kialara is a great brand.... are you familiar with Max and the Kialara pieces?

I agree, I own all Kialara's (except this one), but I also expect a high value of BTC embedded along with such an expensive item, it's definitely cool.

Unlike other's , there are only 10 of them but owing it is definitely hard given the price atm Cheesy
It's such a beauty though

Well the original artwork used for the latest Kialara series and the 001 edition of the latest bars sold for around the 2.5BTC mark at today's prices. I'm not saying that this can be used as a guideline (I think it was undersold) but just interesting to note.

Given the price of the Bar which is around 200$ ,i think $2000 is fine for Original artwork , maybe my opinion is not very high towards poster art.
But for this note , the price asked is certainly fine Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:44:35 PM

I am upping my offer: 3.6 BTC

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:12:39 PM

My offer stays at 5 BTC Wink
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:22:04 PM

Wow, I'd take that if I had one. The way I see it, BTC is about to enter a bubble, this doesn't have a high value of BTC embedded so it's mostly art/collector value. That's a good deal.
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Wow, I'd take that if I had one. The way I see it, BTC is about to enter a bubble, this doesn't have a high value of BTC embedded so it's mostly art/collector value. That's a good deal.

These are super rare and a genius idea.  Just think what they will be worth in 10 years.... if they hold their BTC value.   I don't look at it USD value wise.
zanzibar

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:01:42 PM

These are super rare and a genius idea.  Just think what they will be worth in 10 years.... if they hold their BTC value.   I don't look at it USD value wise.

Think of what 5BTC will be worth in 10 years, say for example it's $50k, is this worth $50k as a collectors item while only containing $2.3k in BTC?
syclone

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:08:50 PM

These are super rare and a genius idea.  Just think what they will be worth in 10 years.... if they hold their BTC value.   I don't look at it USD value wise.

Think of what 5BTC will be worth in 10 years, say for example it's $50k, is this worth $50k as a collectors item while only containing $2.3k in BTC?

It's not the .23 BTC that I care about on these Bills... It's the 4-7 BTC that each piece brought.   If they hold those values even better.  

The 1 BTC unfunded GOLD Kialara pieces have already gone from $199 to 2 BTC worth at current prices.  

EDIT:  I totally get what you are saying though. 
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:12:41 PM

It's not the .23 BTC that I care about on these Bills... It's the 4-7 BTC that each piece brought.   If they hold those values even better.   

The 1 BTC unfunded GOLD Kialara pieces have already gone from $199 to 2 BTC worth at current prices. 

Couple of small corrections there. Original Price was $249. Latest selling prices have been between 2.2 - 2.5 BTC for a Kialara Gold.

IMO, I would take the 5 BTC over the Thug Life right now. Its a unique piece for sure, hence me bidding, but I would rather have 5 BTC Digital.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
syclone

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:18:55 PM

Wow, prices keep rising.   Good to know.  
zanzibar

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:57:13 PM

These are super rare and a genius idea.  Just think what they will be worth in 10 years.... if they hold their BTC value.   I don't look at it USD value wise.

It's not the .23 BTC that I care about on these Bills... It's the 4-7 BTC that each piece brought.   If they hold those values even better.  

EDIT:  I totally get what you are saying though. 

I'm a collector and always think about the price of a BTC collectibles in relation to BTC/USD, it's just how I think, and the higher the price of BTC per USD, the lower you will most likely get for a collectible in terms of BTC. If BTC was worth $1, I would gladly pay 2-3k BTC for a 1000BTC Casascius coin. But at the current prices BTC/USD, I wouldn't pay more than say 1100BTC for one.  Again, in 10 years if you think someone will pay $50k in BTC value for this collectible, then by all means. The price it's commanding in BTC isn't set in stone.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:21:58 AM

Would someone be so kind as to check their bill to see if it says "Kialara" on it anywhere?  Max is an artist and I think he might make a distinction and if so, I am curious why.  This piece is a political message and none of his Kialara products are as overt.  This was the last piece of his I really wanted and I believe the last piece where he generated the keys. 
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 03:27:15 AM

Would someone be so kind as to check their bill to see if it says "Kialara" on it anywhere?  Max is an artist and I think he might make a distinction and if so, I am curious why.  This piece is a political message and none of his Kialara products are as overt.  This was the last piece of his I really wanted and I believe the last piece where he generated the keys. 

AFAIK no where it's written Kialara but his name instead, just above the secretary's Signature! which makes it kinda cool! The Name of the Artist but not Kialara , as that's a different thing altogether , though people write it as 100$ Kialara Bill , it actually is 100$ thug life Bill by max .
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:37:01 AM

Has this been sold yet? Be curious to know how much for if yes.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:44:06 AM

AFAIK no where it's written Kialara but his name instead, just above the secretary's Signature! which makes it kinda cool! The Name of the Artist but not Kialara , as that's a different thing altogether , though people write it as 100$ Kialara Bill , it actually is 100$ thug life Bill by max .

Thanks for confirming!  Pretty much my feelings as well, this is a very cool Max Mellenbruch piece who is the maker of Kialara.  This is also the last piece he made where he generated the private parts  Grin
Kialara

Activity: 549
Merit: 788

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:01:02 AM

Correct, these are not Kialara products - they are personal works and I signed them as such  Smiley

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-pennys-worth-over-2-million-180953872/
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 10:26:10 AM

Correct, these are not Kialara products - they are personal works and I signed them as such  Smiley

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-pennys-worth-over-2-million-180953872/

wow that's some freaking huge price for them  Shocked

Kialara

Activity: 549
Merit: 788

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:27:53 AM

just some food for thought  Smiley
AltcoinScamfinder (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:53:55 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 04:06:17 PM by AltcoinScamfinder

FYI. It seems my highest bidder was scared off by the Bitcoin rally and I will most likely be auctioning this piece off in the next day or two.

I will obviously be accepting escrow and will post dated high resolution pictures with username etc. as customary.

I am.also considering the sale of a "Red Dot" unfounded 100 BTC "bearer bar" in mint condition (still in plastic wrapping) and some other memorabilia such as a Kubo Goda original Bitcoin screen print.

Just an update.

I will link the auction from here when up.

In the spirit of transparency I have offered it to Zeroxal at 7 BTC, and will start the bidding at 5 BTC unless the community feels that I owe it to Zeroxal to sell it to him for 6 BTC in which case I would be willing to do so to honor my original price set in the sale thread.

FOR RENT.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 04:52:35 PM

FYI. It seems my highest bidder was scared off by the Bitcoin rally and I will most likely be auctioning this piece off in the next day or two.

I will obviously be accepting escrow and will post dated high resolution pictures with username etc. as customary.

I am.also considering the sale of a "Red Dot" unfounded 100 BTC "bearer bar" in mint condition (still in plastic wrapping) and some other memorabilia such as a Kubo Goda original Bitcoin screen print.

Just an update.

In the spirit of transparency I have offered it to Zeroxal at 7 BTC, and will start the bidding at 5 BTC unless the community feels that I owe it to Zeroxal to sell it to him for 6 BTC in which case I would be willing to do so to honor my original price set in the sale thread.

That's amazing that it's going to the Auction , would love to see what happens Cheesy

If zeroxal wants to buy , i guess 6 btc it should be since that's what you asked originally. We are dealing in btc ,not usd - so price change shouldn't matter if that's why you increased it!
Anyway Zeroxal doesn't buy it, it's going to be a Fun Auction - waiting for it!!!!!

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:05:49 PM

Just an update.

Do you have any idea what your ask price will be for the bearer bar? 

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: