Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:52:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-coin mining newbie  (Read 440 times)
HOT_HEAD (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:23:01 PM

Hi, all I see here is people saying that mining btc with cpu or gpu can't be profitable, but what about alt-coins? I have a little low config pc but something can possibly be done. But first of all, should I start mining some new or lower difficulty alt-coins and what are the best exchanges with lots of alt-coins?

Collecting money for college:
BTC DeFi - bc1q6tymcagg6w4c96dgwnag64kl7rdkpgc6ny8gek ;

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3046

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:42:19 PM

Hi, all I see here is people saying that mining btc with cpu or gpu can't be profitable, but what about alt-coins? I have a little low config pc but something can possibly be done. But first of all, should I start mining some new or lower difficulty alt-coins and what are the best exchanges with lots of alt-coins?

Hi dude you can mine Alts with cpu and gpu  BBR Boolberry  is good for that and other coins nice too XMR etc  ! What Cpu and Gpu you have ? what algo do you want to mine ?
You can look at here on Cryptopia   https://www.cryptopia.co.nz and look a round what coin for you  responsive ! you can also ask in chat there  !  Have fun
Regards Lafu

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:46:37 PM

Most low-end cpu/gpus wont be profitable because of electricity cost. If you don't have to pay for them you can make few bucks per month. Now best exchange overall is Poloniex. Most trusted and major percentage of miners use it. Next one is YoBit I would not recommend this one but since you asked for one with lots of coins, it got much more (shit)coins than poloniex
HOT_HEAD (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:09:12 PM

I don't think that electricity will be a problem. Well I don't know, honestly, I remember trying to mine dogecoin a few years ago and that was just when a friend set up a miner and a wallet on my pc. Are there any that could actually be mined with a lower CPU? I have Dual core 3.6GHz

Collecting money for college:
BTC DeFi - bc1q6tymcagg6w4c96dgwnag64kl7rdkpgc6ny8gek ;
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:34:54 PM

I don't think that electricity will be a problem. Well I don't know, honestly, I remember trying to mine dogecoin a few years ago and that was just when a friend set up a miner and a wallet on my pc. Are there any that could actually be mined with a lower CPU? I have Dual core 3.6GHz

Well Monero and Zcash can be mined with CPU. Question is will it be profitable ? More bad your cpu is profitability will be lower. I would not recommend mining with old dual core
makvo

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:58:13 PM

Yeah I had similar CPU and it made way less than actual electricity bill, so yeah its not worth it, get some good GPU.

Try whattomine.com
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 06:01:01 PM

Minergate should be the first place you visit and learn the basic of mining, since its offer turn key software and procedure you will easily understand how it works. as for trading, dont expect too much profits since low specs PC will not be that profitable.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌