Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed Blade Help?  (Read 159 times)
skullyi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:27:41 AM

Hey guys!!!

So I'm totally new to the forum and new to using ASIC's for coin mining, I recently got myself a Gridseed GBlade and I'm using Multiminer as my program of choice as it seemed to be the easiest to set up with the widest support.  My issue at the moment is that only one card seems to be mining, I have some PSU's (Laptop style) that connect to it and regardless of what one I use the little power indicator light on it wont stop blinking when connected to the suspect card.

Now at first I assumed a dead card but the card is being detected by Windows, so the inner Tech support guy says the card isn't dead.  I was wondering if any of you more savvy miners who've used Blades in the past might have some inkling as to what is going on with the card.

Any help at all would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skullyi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 03:58:08 PM

Hi!!

Thanks for getting back to me!

I own a gridseed black (5 blades linked together), I'm going to be the bearer of bad news. These are EXTREMELY inefficient and will only lose money regardless of what you mine. Now if you are okay with this and want to use it as a learning device then continue on.

Yeah I'm using this as a learning device, I did a rough calculation on what it would earn and I know its minimal haha but I didn't want to dive in head first and buy a £200+ machine before I got any understanding of ASIC's, thankfully where I live my bills are included so I'm not exactly paying for Internet or Electricity, so its all gain regardless of how minimal! and I got her for £20 so I'm not complaining haha!.

The blade I had, had a hub that everything connected to internally then one USB went to the raspberry pi.
Are you using a pi as the host device? One blade could be dead (I am assuming these were bought from AliExpress they have a bunch of broken blade on there) are they USB chained? Is this blade getting correct power? Is it being cooled correctly? (Is the heatsink firmly attached?)

My blade has 2 cards with 2 usb ports and 2 power inputs, both are currently being powered by individual 120w PSU's (but as I mentioned regardless of what PSU I put into the one card the indicator light on the PSU itself blinks so possibly a power issue?), I'm unsure as to whether its USB chained (I've not opened the ASIC yet but that seems to be my next step).  From initial study of it, everything seems firmly attached and its running fairly cold actually, I was expecting her to get really warm but it seems the opposite!.

My host device is a Windows Server 2019 x64 based machine (HP Proliant Microserver)
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 03:53:40 AM

I recommend getting a Raspberry Pi and installed Minera, super easy to use.

This is my best recommendation I can give.  It has the propertly built versions of cgminer; and it even has easy places to drop config lines in the web interface;  it also restarts dead miners, etc.

Check out MinerA.  100% worth the effort when it comes to the older gridseed devices.  Its what I personally used to control many many many orbs and blades in the past.

But yeah;  dont expect any real profit from a g-blade these days =)

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: