Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox account hacked and they are simply closing my tickets.  (Read 2159 times)
secmff (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:32:37 PM

Since this morning I'm no longer able to login to my mtgox.com account. Someone changed my password and reset my e-mail address. I've got quite a lot of bitcoins and money in that account and I'm trying to save as much as I can.

I filled a ticket with the Mt.Gox support desk, but they put my ticket on 'solved' saying that "an other trade is still in progress" is a known issue that they are working on it. Every other ticket I opened got put on 'solved' by some bot.

I don't know what to do next. How do I get these guys to listen? Every 24 hours an other 1000 dollars will be gone (if there are any resources left at all) and they simply ignore me.

What do I do?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
secmff (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:13:11 PM

How do I get in touch with Mt.Gox? They are closing all tickets I send to them without reading them. Automated. I'm really getting frustrated.  I've 5200 dollars in that account and noone is helping me.
frutza

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:16:32 PM

any luck yet?
grant2

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:29:49 PM

good luck secmff

I guess this is a warning to the rest of us not to leave money in these places.   Support sounds nonexistant.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:30:44 PM

Have you tried their email address?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Adiamante

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 12:31:09 AM

Just out of curiosity, if you can not log into your account then how do you know how much is going out or how much is left? I'm new..VERY new to this stuff and created an account at MT.Gox only yesterday.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 12:47:43 AM

Just out of curiosity, if you can not log into your account then how do you know how much is going out or how much is left? I'm new..VERY new to this stuff and created an account at MT.Gox only yesterday.

He doesn't.  He just imagines that his account was hacked and he's losing his funds at the max cash out rate.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

done

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 12:53:19 AM

MTGOX has a new support system so it may take time
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 12:54:46 AM

I really wish people understood what they are getting into with those bitcoin markets including mtgox.  ALL of them are purely basement outfits ran by a few guys that can disappear at any given moment. There is no safety nor legal protection like banks or brokerage accounts.  As such you should never leave large sum of money in those accounts, if you need to make a large trade, transfer the money/btc in, make the trade, then transfer everything out ASAP.  

I never leave more than $100 in those accounts, any btc i get i immediately transfer them out into my wallet.

Leaving $5000 in there is nuts.  I do hope you get some of the money back.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 01:02:26 AM

Along with what newguy05 said: I think people are approaching bitcoin sites with no sense of security with their information. You've got your pool account, forum account, and mtgox account. How many of those share the same email and password combination? Password replication is the one of the most overlooked thing on the internet today. If someone, somehow got one of those email/passwords, it'd be quite easy to guess which other bitcoin sites you use.

It does suck that you might lose that money, but leaving large sums of money not in a bank is asking for trouble. Even with paypal (with their great reputation for locking large sums of money from people), I wouldn't trust more than a few hundred.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 01:02:52 AM

I really wish people understood what they are getting into with those bitcoin markets including mtgox.  ALL of them are purely basement outfits ran by a few guys that can disappear at any given moment. There is no safety nor legal protection like banks or brokerage accounts.

You think that you have protection in a brokerage account?  MtGox is a real company in Japan, subject to real laws.  They could be liable for this person's losses, particularly if it was due to negligence on MtGox's part.

Still, you're right that no one should keep more in an online wallet service or exchange than they are willing to risk losing.

secmff (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:23:39 AM

Thanks all for your replies. I was going to "cash out" most of my bitcoins. I thought, I'd just money transfer the whole thing away. But later found out that I can only do that at 1000 dollars a day. I've opened 7 calls with mtgox, but everyone of them gets closed automagicly, without any human looking at them. They have some other issue and assume every trouble-tickets is logged because of that.
I do hope someone here knows an other e-mail address or something so I can contact them more directly. Please PM me if you do.
tom3434

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:28:54 AM

I purchased bitcoins via bank transfer from Mt.Gox. Haven't seen the coins of or a answer to my ticket.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:33:24 AM

Thanks all for your replies. I was going to "cash out" most of my bitcoins. I thought, I'd just money transfer the whole thing away. But later found out that I can only do that at 1000 dollars a day. I've opened 7 calls with mtgox, but everyone of them gets closed automagicly, without any human looking at them. They have some other issue and assume every trouble-tickets is logged because of that.
I do hope someone here knows an other e-mail address or something so I can contact them more directly. Please PM me if you do.
Well, you can try him on IRC, but good luck with that. He's MagicalTux on Freenode.

duckfeet

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:12:07 AM

It would make a fascinating court case.  I do hope you find your money.  I'm guilty of trusting these organizations to much myself, tho I am very password security conscious...but as others have said, we really do know little about these organizations, and this new form of 'money' isn't exacly legal tender...how you you even prove you've been robbed?...trying to explain to a jury what bitcoins are...
secmff (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:21:57 AM

...trying to explain to a jury what bitcoins are...

I have a hard time explaining it to my techi friends.
secmff (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:13:30 AM

No wonder Mt.Gox gets DDOSed all the time. I'm thinking about joining the attack. They still keep closing my tickets without reading them.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:20:21 AM

No wonder Mt.Gox gets DDOSed all the time. I'm thinking about joining the attack. They still keep closing my tickets without reading them.
Try posting this here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/mtgox

joepie91

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 10:10:39 PM

@ Original poster
Situation is a bit different here, but could you please post in the topic at http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18050.0 as well?

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
mjoz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 10:12:19 PM

How do I get in touch with Mt.Gox? They are closing all tickets I send to them without reading them. Automated. I'm really getting frustrated.  I've 5200 dollars in that account and noone is helping me.

I suspect that if your account got hacked you no longer have $5200 in your account.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: