Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:41:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **OFFICIAL? - My BTC-e Account Got Hacked and All Funds Stolen thread  (Read 20476 times)
phr0stbyt3 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:46:13 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 04:34:59 PM by phr0stbyt3

**Please try to keep this as factual as possible**
I'm not wanting to defame anyone here, but I think everyone deserves an explanation.
Support has not responded to me since I regained access and definitively said "My coins were stolen"

I haven't seen a unifying thread yet so I thought I would start one.
Please post here if your BTC-e account was compromised and you lost funds of any kind. Please give details like time/date/$$ lost.
Transaction details if you regained access to your account and saw that someone else withdrew funds.

Edit: April 4, 2013 - Still no official statement from BTC-e about account breaches over the last week. Officially requested BTC reimbursement for lack of security measures, waiting to hear back.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:59:15 PM

Hi!

I can't login! So, I can't check my balance.

The support ticket system DOES NOT WORK.

They do not answer my e-mail.

-
Thiago
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:19:30 PM

Hi!

-
Thiago

Guys!

I'm logged! My money (BTC balance) is there... (whew)

Tks!
Thiago
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:25:09 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 04:19:29 PM by IIOII

Confirming LTC stolen from my account on 8th April.

Will not post detail here - sent support ticket to BTC-e.

Edit:
I did have a pending sell order which was not executed. My fault.

BTC-e response was swift.
Atompeace

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:38:12 PM

I can't login anymore. Says "invalid e-mail" or something like that. Got blocked now.
Any chance to get my money back?
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:42:36 PM

8th of April, 8565 LTC stolen. Been in contact with support. No answer to what happened yet, if it was bruteforce, how they changed my email and cracked a very meticulous password, and what IP address they accessed my account from. Lost access to account while 20,000+ guests connected (got up to ~30,000 guests), started getting "bad password" and email confirmations stopped working. Support said "24 hours, more checking" then opened my account with no money in it.
kelpy

Activity: 640

Archduke of Criptoaerica, vassal of WallStreetCafe

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:49:20 PM

Only for my personal information.

You have activated some API key with 'withdraw' privilege??

Bitrated user: kelpy.
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:15:19 PM

Only for my personal information.

You have activated some API key with 'withdraw' privilege??

No API, Idon't use bots.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:29:03 PM

Never, ever, under any circumstance, keep your cryptocurrency sitting in an exchange wallet. BTC-e is the same exchange that people have lost thousands of coins too, has been hacked, and the 'owner' was the central authority in the NVC scam. You shouldn't trust them. Only keep enough coins in any online wallet that you will be using or trading with that day.
bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 03:35:19 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 10:45:20 PM by bradmurmz

I had a total of 200BTC stolen from my account last night! The same thing happened to me where I was locked out of my account and the email was changed so I could not reset my password.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:10:42 PM

I had a total of 200BTC stolen from my account last night! The same thing happened to me where I was locked out of my account and the email was changed so I could not reset my password.

This is all very fishy and they are no longer responding to my support ticket. I have evidence and reason to believe (which I'm compiling now) that this was someone inside btc-e...

I think im in agreeance with you, I read a post about the BTC-e guys connecting to someones server and "looking into him"
Your computers are not infected... this is a problem with btc-e. They did not respond to my support request, but I have a service that records visitors actions on my website. Shortly after I put in a support message telling them my situation, someone from Krasnoyarsk Russia accessed my website looking into me and through my site, but did not respond! I then told support I saw them on my server and sent them their IP (which accessed my site), then they responded asking for my email and that is all I have gotten from them so far!!
We need to look into this robbery thats happening at BTC-e, They may verywell have gone crooked.
And even if they havent, this is a FUCKING serious issue!

Never, ever, under any circumstance, keep your cryptocurrency sitting in an exchange wallet. BTC-e is the same exchange that people have lost thousands of coins too, has been hacked, and the 'owner' was the central authority in the NVC scam. You shouldn't trust them. Only keep enough coins in any online wallet that you will be using or trading with that day.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
EvilLizardApparel

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:49:58 PM

Other accounts affected include the ones listed here (Some people had to post in newbie thread, new accounts with not enough posts)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170592.60

And other people have been posting about their money/coins being stolen in the last few days, in the last few pages of main BTC-e Thread.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:44:05 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173067.0;topicseen
A whole thread of people having Hacked BTC-E accounts

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:52:00 PM

If only someone could have warned you this might happen
z12

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:31:36 PM

For the records, I lost my account with 30.48 ltc in it.
I was logged in and chatting in the trollbox when it happened. Suddenly it said you need to sign in to enter a message, And no, i did not click any link. I already listed websites i browsed for the pas week but it seems irrelevant since the breach was on their end.
I still can't access my account
bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:53:06 PM

https://blockchain.info/taint/1MHj7nmHtHtvwxbwaUbax5cywebvdrsZA8

This is where my funds were sent...
phr0stbyt3 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:56:13 PM

Hi!

-
Thiago

Guys!

I'm logged! My money (BTC balance) is there... (whew)

Tks!
Thiago

I'm relieved to know this worked out for you!! Some of us were not so lucky  Sad
phr0stbyt3 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:24:02 PM

This doesn't address mid-trading account breaches.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:24:44 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 09:45:47 PM by moni3z

you guys, antichat.ru hackers and fraudsters are constantly posting links in the trollbox to get you to click them. when you do your passwords all kept in browser are leaked, or worse you get 0day java exploit. if you didn't click anything in trollbox and you're not running a zombied botnet computer and you're still getting funds stolen, then yes, btc-e is insecure either it's API is cracked or owner possibly stealing (unlikely, why would they do this). if you clicked trollbox links you owned yourself there's nothing they can do. there's a guy in trollbox right now pasting in exploit links inside imgur pics

they're also posting same images and flash vids full of malware to reddit as well. ppl are also doing dumb things like using a similar name in trollbox that is close to their email, so they just need to brute force your email while you trade and if you don' t have gmail 2-factor set up p0w all your coins are gone

- use 2 factor ID for your email, and on btc-e
- use different passwords
- don't use same name in trollbox as your email root
- don't click on anything in PM or trollbox
- install noscript and enable it only for certain sites you trust
- ???
- profit
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:58:07 PM

https://btc-e.com/news/131

unctional confirmation of the withdrawal through the mail.

To use a functional need to confirm email - https://btc-e.com/profile#edit/home
Activate protection - https://btc-e.com/profile#edit/security
After that, each withdrawal you will come to notice in the mail.
Today will be translated into English.

For complete safety, use different passwords on the stock exchange and mail, as well as recommend the use of e-mail gmail.com with two-factor authentication.

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: