Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your good intentions regarding Bitcoin in 2017?  (Read 2565 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:50:56 PM

The old year ends. In the new year everything can be done better. At least theoretically  Cheesy

What are your good intentions regarding Bitcoin in 2017?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:09:13 PM

heres some idea's what people can do this year

1) hardware wallets need a revamp. they need to function without needing to download browser add-ons or connecting to websites or things like electrum.
EG have software self contained
EG a fitbit/smartwatch with NFC to make payment just by swiping a retailers touchpad (and yes its possible, just not done yet)

2) nodes and wallets need more diversity. so far knots, blockchain.info, bitcoinj, greenaddress, core are all under the same 'ownership'

3) PEOPLE need to realise bitcoin is code. it has no voice to promote itself and no arms and legs to defend itself, PEOPLE need to get involved instead of sitting on their hands waiting for bitcoin to do something.
EG if you want retailers in your area to accept bitcoin. go speak to them yourself
EG if you want to make bitcoin more popular. learn about bitcoin then set up some meetups/conferences

4) bitcoin jobs. look for a product/service you think will be useful to sell. then look for suppliers/employee's/dropshippers and then start selling them for bitcoin.

5) exchanges should start requesting a public key and use the bitID concept for logins instead of passwords, and also use the public key to form multisigs to hold funds, instead of giving customers easy to fake mysql balances. thus mitigating hacker/insider embezzling risks

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:26:10 PM

I will try to use hardware wallet to store bitcoin rather than trusting web wallets which i am currently using, i will try not to store much bitcoin in any of the trading platform and also i will try not to gamble much in next year.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 03:55:17 PM

My intention is to continue to build my blog about bitcoin and make it a nice place to find information for the bitcoin community. I want to continue on expanding my knowledge on the area that involves the cryptocurrency world and the blockchain (I know is only a layer in the bitcoin Wink).

Furthermore, I plan to buy a Trezor as soon I will reach 300CDN in bitcoin value.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:57:52 PM

I will build a bitcoin community in the area where I live. I believe the greater the bitcoin users it will assist in the development and improvement of bitcoin in the world. I want begin everything all over.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 05:37:46 PM

My intention is to try to send requests to new ecommerce websites to recommend them to use bitcoin payments in my country as there are many Indians who are aware of this currency as it has already come in papers and news channels. If one accepts this currency, others also would be tempted to use it.

pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 05:41:22 PM

More on Bitcoin awareness starting on the local community and hopefully word of mouth to reach more people, Most people mentality everything that involves money on the internet is a scam. changing the perception about bitcoins will be a good start.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:18:09 PM

More on Bitcoin awareness starting on the local community and hopefully word of mouth to reach more people, Most people mentality everything that involves money on the internet is a scam. changing the perception about bitcoins will be a good start.

3) PEOPLE need to realise bitcoin is code. it has no voice to promote itself and no arms and legs to defend itself, PEOPLE need to get involved instead of sitting on their hands waiting for bitcoin to do something.
EG if you want retailers in your area to accept bitcoin. go speak to them yourself
EG if you want to make bitcoin more popular. learn about bitcoin then set up some meetups/conferences

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:26:39 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 06:38:05 PM by franky1

I will build a bitcoin community in the area where I live. I believe the greater the bitcoin users it will assist in the development and improvement of bitcoin in the world. I want begin everything all over.

best advice.
start small.
dont hire big spaces out like a open space building for a year. start small like do a local meetup at a easy to find cafe /bar that is common place and doesnt require deposits or reservations.. like a small random one off social event. just to gauge/see how demand/popularity

then if lots are turning up and while talking you see there is demand for a regular large location to be needed then do it.

some people start at a bar where say 10 people turn up. then those people go and find a few others and the following week you book a night at a bar with a stage/(karaoke/mic night) area that can cope with 100, and you make it into a mini conference with speakers talking on stage. then you expand from there

if you already know of 100+ people locally that will want to turn up then skip the meetup and instead book a night at a place that has a stage and enough standing seating area, and then charge a small entrance fee to cover your costs for the night.
try not to get greedy with the entrance fee, unless it starts becoming a big event with lots of guest speakers and things happening

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:28:53 PM

heres some idea's what people can do this year...
I like franky's list. I'll just second that one.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:31:40 PM

The old year ends. In the new year everything can be done better. At least theoretically  Cheesy

Well, i would say:
1. More adoption, growing in steady rate or explode
2. More infrastructure developed, startups, bitcoin websites and services
3. More technical advances like in 2016 in bitcoin technical side.

Thats it Smiley that would be great 2017 year.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:31:49 PM

If personal issues is counted than my good intention for my Bitcoin is to hold it and later on convert it to Fiat when Bitcoin's price is up. Bitcoin earning is now part of my life as it really help me have an extra boost in my financial situation. It really helped me have savings without even bothering my real money. Later on the money will be use in Investing in the stock market. I am still young and I am hoping that my money will be big later on.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:04:22 PM

For bitcoin in 2017 I wish more adoption, more promotion in media, more quality infrastructure and more equality with fiat money, less connections to illegal stuff. Personaly I wish I would collect as much bitcoin as I can and that the price will continue to rise

malaj
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:15:45 PM

My prediction and wish for 2017 year is:
The price of Bitcoin will rise exponentially following the increasing number of investments in it.
Many new crypto currencies will appear with the hope to repeat the success of bitcoin.
And many new places as shops and other firms will start to accept bitcoin.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:16:50 PM

Mine is to introduce Bitcoin to more people has possible, and I hope the Scaling problem will have a lasting solution in 2017
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:23:01 PM

My main intention for 2017 will be to gradually buy more BTC on a rough dollar-cost-averaging basis.  If BTC price continues to go up sharply, I will likely spend some BTC on gold.  But, I jumped the gun on that (bought gold when BTC was ~$500), so I will take my time on spending anymore BTC for gold.

I really like some of franky1's list, especially making hardware wallets better.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:24:10 PM

I really like some of franky1's list, especially making hardware wallets better.

advantages
no software touches the device
private keys remain hidden
the device is wearable (new fashion craze=popular)
making a tx is as simple as shaking your wrist
no need to understand the mechanics of bitcoin to use it

bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:45:23 PM

My main intention for 2017 will be to gradually buy more BTC on a rough dollar-cost-averaging basis.  If BTC price continues to go up sharply, I will likely spend some BTC on gold.  But, I jumped the gun on that (bought gold when BTC was ~$500), so I will take my time on spending anymore BTC for gold.

yes that is a good idea, i also have the same intention, i myself want to hold my bitcoin even in 2017 and try to buy more and more, because i am hopeful that even in 2017 the price of bitcoin will go to some more high price.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
laracna

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

what more?

get as many of them I can get

I'm not a bitcoin developer or entrepreneuror anything
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 11:07:51 PM

I want to get my first whole bitcoin and I will be really happy.  Grin
I hope other clever people come up with faster and easier ways to create transactions for bitcoin though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: