Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:31:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best LTC pool?  (Read 19549 times)
ElBurro

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:53:37 PM

burnside´s

Iv'e always had connection problems with burnside
Dehumanizer

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:01:19 PM

I'm using ltcmine.ru , the website is down right now, but should be fixed this evening.
What I like there is that I can see stats of how much did I mine each hour.
txmasut

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:03:37 PM

I have been using burnsides pool with decent results.  However, when i use the stratum proxy and connect to wemineltc.com i get radically higher hashrtes, yet radically lower ltc coming in.  Whats up with that?

My total hashrate for all my workers is only 300 to 400 right now.  Cnnected to burnside i get 2/3 or so ltc per day.  Sometimes a whole ltc if i or my wife dont use the computers for anything else.  Connected to wemineltc i have never seen the production go more than 0.0003 of an ltc.   Two orders of magnitude seems a bit much to just be an error?

If you haven't tried since yesterday morning, try again.  I was getting the same results and tried again and now it's going awesome.  Plus I reconfigured my client after realizing that while my has rate was awesome, 600ish, I was only getting around .2 shares a minute and that is what they pay off of.  Now I'm getting 10 shares a minute and 2.5 ltc a day.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
nodesupply

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:07:04 PM

I've had success with ltcmine.ru along with notroll just like you.

I find the recent situation with the hot wallet drying up is odd but at least I'm able to withdraw my coins regularly.
mightyb

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:26:00 PM

Are there any pools that allow browser mining?
lixoaqui

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:48:59 PM

I'm trying to mine with coinotron.com but I dont' understand one thing: I still have 0 shares so it seems I haven't done anything. If I mine, then stop, then start again after a few hours do I still get work done or I just lose everything if I don't run 24/7?
to3m

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:55:09 PM

I have been using burnsides pool with decent results.  However, when i use the stratum proxy and connect to wemineltc.com i get radically higher hashrtes, yet radically lower ltc coming in.  Whats up with that?

My total hashrate for all my workers is only 300 to 400 right now.  Cnnected to burnside i get 2/3 or so ltc per day.  Sometimes a whole ltc if i or my wife dont use the computers for anything else.  Connected to wemineltc i have never seen the production go more than 0.0003 of an ltc.   Two orders of magnitude seems a bit much to just be an error?

Regarding the changing hash rates, are you going by the values from their website, or values your PC is printing? The wemineltc hashrate calculator appears to be just wrong, for whatever reason. For me, the website reports anything from 1x-3x the actual rate that my PC reports from the miner program.

(I don't know what the reason for your reduced income might be. I'm getting income from wemineltcl that's basically in line with the hash rate my PC reports.)

--Tom
eleight

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:58:50 PM

I use litecoinpool primary and coinotron as a backup. As you can see, reject ratio is much less in my case for litecoinpool, maybe because overall pool hash rate is lower so I get less stale submissions.

coinotron

Queued work requests: 4064
Share submissions: 7152
Accepted shares: 6927
Rejected shares: 225
Accepted difficulty shares: 886656
Rejected difficulty shares: 28800
Reject ratio: 3.1%
Efficiency (accepted / queued): 170%
Discarded work due to new blocks: 9612
Stale submissions discarded due to new blocks: 60
Unable to get work from server occasions: 31
Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 0

litecoinpool

Queued work requests: 4901
Share submissions: 6334
Accepted shares: 6294
Rejected shares: 40
Accepted difficulty shares: 298802
Rejected difficulty shares: 1792
Reject ratio: 0.6%
Efficiency (accepted / queued): 128%
Discarded work due to new blocks: 2456
Stale submissions discarded due to new blocks: 0
Unable to get work from server occasions: 4
Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 0
markymark

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:27:47 PM

coinotron is best even has a profitability calculator between the current crytpocurrencies

This is what I have read, but am new to mining and have yet to experiment with anyone except coinotron.

Does anyone actually still solo line LTC?
droog

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:34:48 PM

The way I understand it.

The network gives the whole pool 1 block to mine. Imagine that like being a piece of land. The pool then divides that land and tell everyone in the pool "You, mine that piece of land", "You, mine that other piece of land"

As we all frantically dig, one of us finds the piece of gold (the answer to the very difficult cryptographic puzzle). The pool then tries to tell everyone as fast as possible "Guys, we found it, stop mining!".

Problem is if pools get a bit slow or there are connection problems you never get the "Stop Mining" message. Your PC happily keeps mining the piece of land that the whole pool by now know does not contain gold. You PC then runs back to the pool, the good little puppy it is, and then says "I dug here and I found nothing. We can skip that land and you can give me a new piece to mine". The pool then says "Dude... we found gold ages ago, the rest of us are already mining on a new piece of land, WhereTF have you been!?".

And that... is a reject.

LXubGFfTZRGfvQRdoTwKizLDuNz2f8bpAS

+1

There need to be more examples like this around cryptocurrency in general.  The concept is esoteric enough as it is, but the way terminology and raw numbers are thrown around casually by those in the know makes it become even more abstract to outsiders.  Breaking things down to real-world analogies helps laypeople understand what Bitcoin, et al are in a way that is meaningful to them and makes them more likely to 1) make that first plunge to experiment with the concept and 2) feel confident enough to participate in the long term.  This is vital to the sustainability and stability of the economy and ultimately benefits everyone.
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:01:38 PM

I'm seeking a LTC mining pool who also has a java client (software) to mine litecoins. A software would be similar to bitminter's client. Is there any pool with this?

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
JKaechler

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:22:12 PM

If you haven't tried since yesterday morning, try again.  I was getting the same results and tried again and now it's going awesome.  Plus I reconfigured my client after realizing that while my has rate was awesome, 600ish, I was only getting around .2 shares a minute and that is what they pay off of.  Now I'm getting 10 shares a minute and 2.5 ltc a day.

What did you change on your miner?  I have been using poolers cpu miner and cudaminer.  When i get my 7850 i will be running that with cgminer. 
Torrerre

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

wemineltc.com is the best LTC pool.  You cannot go wrong if you want to support operators who give backend support the number one priority.  They have a slick front-end website as well and the rules for reward are perfect for the loyal miner.  I'm very impressed with this new, but deserving, pool.  I've test mined on it for 24 hours now (after notroll.in decided to steal customer's coin) and it's great because I get very very few rejects.  They've earned a loyal miner for my 2x7950,2x7970.
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:37:48 PM

Litecoinpool.org

No real reason as to why its my favourite, was the first pool I signed up to and I just prefer it over coinotron/notroll
I vote for litecoinpool.org aswell, they have great connection for me and payout regular.  No manual payment system tho.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
rawdr

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:59:03 PM

Very few mentions of p2pool in here. It's what I've started with, so I've never joined a traditional pool.

Any apparent downsides to p2pool besides setting it up yourself?
Kinetic915 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:52:31 PM

Very few mentions of p2pool in here. It's what I've started with, so I've never joined a traditional pool.

Any apparent downsides to p2pool besides setting it up yourself?
that would be my question as well

eleight

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:33:59 AM

downsite of litecoinpool is that 2nd time in few days, just when I need it the most  Grin  instant payouts are temporarily disabled for maintenance.
rhouek

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:36:56 AM

I've been a happy user of coinpool.net
eleight

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:53:56 AM

Someone already mentioned http://wemineltc.com, at the moment I find this one most stable and with lowest number of rejects.
maxx1223

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:55:19 AM

been using wemineltc also recently.  it reports hash rates that are ~20% higher than my client, but im earning basically what i earned mining at coinotron.  Not alot of hash power yet, but site looks nice .  hope they put some graphs up soon.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: