Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:34:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best LTC pool?  (Read 19549 times)
Jothand

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:27:30 AM

I'm still pretty new to mining only been mining for a month or so and I've tried quite a few pools. I finally settled on coinotron and burnsides pool. I distribute my workers/hashing equally among the two. Seems to me that distributing your hashing between at least two pools is a smart move since every pool I've tried so far has had issues of one sort or another. Its sucks waking up in the morning finding out your workers have been sitting idle for the past 7 hours because the pool is down. I'm sure there are ways to set your workers to switch to a backup pool if the primary pool goes down but I haven't figured out how yet.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kinetic915 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:43:42 AM

I'm still pretty new to mining only been mining for a month or so and I've tried quite a few pools. I finally settled on coinotron and burnsides pool. I distribute my workers/hashing equally among the two. Seems to me that distributing your hashing between at least two pools is a smart move since every pool I've tried so far has had issues of one sort or another. Its sucks waking up in the morning finding out your workers have been sitting idle for the past 7 hours because the pool is down. I'm sure there are ways to set your workers to switch to a backup pool if the primary pool goes down but I haven't figured out how yet.

I use a python script that closes and opens reaper after a certain time.  That prevents crash as well.  You can probably edit the script to ping the server and if it gets no response go to the next one.

eleight

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:30:20 AM

Use cgminer, it has pool failover
WeTradeCoins

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 09:32:16 AM

been using wemineltc also recently.  it reports hash rates that are ~20% higher than my client, but im earning basically what i earned mining at coinotron.  Not alot of hash power yet, but site looks nice .  hope they put some graphs up soon.

More graph stats are on the way!! Today also we will bring alive the USA server! Thank you all for your kind words Smiley  We wait you at www.WeMineLTC.com 

P.S. read about our feedback here as well Smiley  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169249.0

www.WeMineLTC.com   0% FEE |   PPLNS  |   SSL  |   STRATUM  |  FULL DDoS PROTECTION LTC POOL!!
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 02:27:39 PM

FWIW, I've been using Pool-x.eu, and it seems ok so far.

killerbread

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:36:50 PM

OzCoin. It's going all right I guess.
megablue

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 03:12:15 PM

burnside´s

burnside's pool has very high stales % for me, at worst it goes to 90%. even with 1,200 Khash/s, barely able to mine 0.2 litecoin in 12hours.
I tried a few famous pools in the past few days, as much as i dont like notroll.in, it is still by far the most profitable mining pool (put aside the withdrawal issues, taking your litecoin without your consent )

LTC: LQx367oQtbwsc7Ygf9S1B6E1d9LuGk7v11
megablue

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 03:14:44 PM

I'm using Slush's, I'm incredibly new to the bitcoin scene. Should I stick to it? I've been running my rig for the lesser half of 24 hours, and I've only gotten about 0.01362729 BTC. This doesn't seem to be too cost efficient, considering I'm running my HD 7950 at full blast.

son, you're in the wrong thread, this is about LTC mining pool. not BTC.

LTC: LQx367oQtbwsc7Ygf9S1B6E1d9LuGk7v11
factorfftt

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:43:12 PM

OzCoin
weareken

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:43:05 PM

I was using Coinotron but getting anywhere from 4% to 6% stales.  I switched to WeMineLTC.com and now I'm seeing about 3%.  Plus, the fees are lower!  Hopefully this pool can keep up with growth
Launebaer

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:37:37 PM

wemineltc really seems to take off through the roof, Im very happy with them 2
weareken

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:33:46 AM

I hope their North America server comes online soon.  That may reduce stales even further for me. Wink
WeTradeCoins

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 04:37:32 PM

I hope their North America server comes online soon.  That may reduce stales even further for me. Wink

The USA server is UP AND WORKING!! Smiley Come check it out Smiley

www.WeMineLTC.com   0% FEE |   PPLNS  |   SSL  |   STRATUM  |  FULL DDoS PROTECTION LTC POOL!!
JimmyFL

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:40:12 PM

notroll.in or coinotron.com, im juste mining on these two Wink
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:40:24 PM

My friend tells me anything other than Deepbit is a waste of time but my computer is too slow to bother anyway..
kibu

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

Burnside's pool all the way for me, just really simple and informative.
headygains

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:43:08 PM

The way I understand it.

The network gives the whole pool 1 block to mine. Imagine that like being a piece of land. The pool then divides that land and tell everyone in the pool "You, mine that piece of land", "You, mine that other piece of land"

As we all frantically dig, one of us finds the piece of gold (the answer to the very difficult cryptographic puzzle). The pool then tries to tell everyone as fast as possible "Guys, we found it, stop mining!".

Problem is if pools get a bit slow or there are connection problems you never get the "Stop Mining" message. Your PC happily keeps mining the piece of land that the whole pool by now know does not contain gold. You PC then runs back to the pool, the good little puppy it is, and then says "I dug here and I found nothing. We can skip that land and you can give me a new piece to mine". The pool then says "Dude... we found gold ages ago, the rest of us are already mining on a new piece of land, WhereTF have you been!?".

And that... is a reject.

LXubGFfTZRGfvQRdoTwKizLDuNz2f8bpAS

Just blew my mind with the simplicity.
layerz

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:20:47 PM

Just to add I am finding coinotron good.
Citrik

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:35:10 PM

I'm using my own node of P2Pool. It took a while to setup, but no required fee is nice. It takes a few days to start getting a decent payout due to the Pay Per Share format but it's working out pretty well now. I like the peer to peer aspect of it so it's a bit more resilient to DDOS. Seems like almost every centralized pool has had an issue with DDOS attacks lately. The trick with getting it working well with LTC is to triple check your port configs both for your miner and your litecoind/wallet. Most instructions list the BTC ports which are different than the LTC ports.
headygains

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:48:17 PM

can btc and ltc be mined simultaneously?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: