Bitcoin Forum
October 13, 2024, 12:04:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-12-31] How to Use Bitcoin to Become a Perpetual Traveler  (Read 515 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:25:14 AM

How to Use Bitcoin to Become a Perpetual Traveler

This past spring the creator of the Dollar Vigilante publication and podcast Jeff Berwick gave instructions on how to become a perpetual traveler and legally avoid paying taxes. Berwick is an anarcho-capitalist that believes a government is an unnecessary evil and that taxation is theft. Bitcoin is one tool that can be utilized to accomplish the goal of not paying taxes and a great currency for people constantly traveling.

https://news.bitcoin.com/how-to-use-bitcoin-to-become-a-perpetual-traveler/
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 09:51:36 AM

How to Use Bitcoin to Become a Perpetual Traveler

This past spring the creator of the Dollar Vigilante publication and podcast Jeff Berwick gave instructions on how to become a perpetual traveler and legally avoid paying taxes. Berwick is an anarcho-capitalist that believes a government is an unnecessary evil and that taxation is theft. Bitcoin is one tool that can be utilized to accomplish the goal of not paying taxes and a great currency for people constantly traveling.

https://news.bitcoin.com/how-to-use-bitcoin-to-become-a-perpetual-traveler/

I would yet have to read the article, but I'd like to talk about this Jeff guy. He is believes that a government is an unnecessary evil and taxation is theft. Indeed nobody likes to pay taxes, but these taxes are what runs the government. The very entity that protects the people in a state. Think about it, if there were no governments then who would protect you from thieves and robbers trying to get your money? If we didn't have one, we would just go back to the old ages where every person has to protect himself or pay people to protect them and eventually turn-out dead because the people he hired killed him for his gold. Would update this post after I read the article, it still seems interesting.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3080

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:40:36 AM

I'd like to talk about this Jeff guy.

IMO, the more important issue with Jeff Berwick is the scams he has been involved in.

Last year, Jeff Berwick began popularising the idea that an ancient Biblical prophecy, the Shmitah, determines all financial market crashes. When no significant market crashes happened (according to his prophecy), he simply told everyone that the dates he'd previously earmarked were wrong. Next, when the entire doomsday calender he provided yielded no major crashes, he changed his story again, telling all who would believe that we'd moved into the "Super Shmitah" phase.

A few years previous, Jeff presided over an Ayn Rand themed real estate scheme in Chile called "Galt's Gulch". It proved to be a scam, although the administrator on the ground was scapegoated for the scamming.

So, whatever the reality is about "perpetual traveller theory", or full-blown anarcho-capitalism, Jeff Berwick also talks a huge amount of shit, and will take your money in the name of his shit talking. Beware.

Vires in numeris
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:31:34 PM

I'd like to talk about this Jeff guy.

IMO, the more important issue with Jeff Berwick is the scams he has been involved in.

Last year, Jeff Berwick began popularising the idea that an ancient Biblical prophecy, the Shmitah, determines all financial market crashes. When no significant market crashes happened (according to his prophecy), he simply told everyone that the dates he'd previously earmarked were wrong. Next, when the entire doomsday calender he provided yielded no major crashes, he changed his story again, telling all who would believe that we'd moved into the "Super Shmitah" phase.

A few years previous, Jeff presided over an Ayn Rand themed real estate scheme in Chile called "Galt's Gulch". It proved to be a scam, although the administrator on the ground was scapegoated for the scamming.

So, whatever the reality is about "perpetual traveller theory", or full-blown anarcho-capitalism, Jeff Berwick also talks a huge amount of shit, and will take your money in the name of his shit talking. Beware.

Well that is a revelation. Maybe that shit is throwing now is another ploy to scam people by having them somehow invest into his so plans. I'm not sure how he will do it, but looks like he would probably do another run with whatever he is planning. What he is preaching is very radical and seems unrealistic to my point of view.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:44:43 PM

Well, I find anarchist philosophy convincing. Jeff has also promoted Bitcoin heavily since the early 2010's, so not everything he says is dangerous or scammy.

I suspect he's a useful idiot whom deep state handlers feed information to, or maybe he's a good actor and exhibits idiotic behaviour convincingly. Either way, someone looking at him for the first time who knew nothing about Bitcoin would assume Jeff was a sort of financial markets version of David Icke, and so he does a really good job of discrediting both Bitcoin and anarchist philosophy that way.

Vires in numeris
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:33:40 PM

... if there were no governments then who would protect you from thieves and robbers trying to get your money? ...

The urban dictionary has a definition of tax that seems close to the truth: "Giving money you don't have to people you don't know for a program you don't believe in." I think it stops short of being true because it uses the word "give". Taxes are taken, not given. If in doubt, reflect on payroll taxes "deducted at source".

Governments are the entities that get most of my money, and since they take the money coercively it is hard not to view their actions as theft. The number of bogeyman thieves and robbers they deter with that money is unknowable, but governments certainly have not eliminated theft or robbery, so there's that.

It would be nice to have a choice of protection services without having to pay for the government version. It would be nice to be able to opt out altogether and deal with the consequences in one's own way. In short, I take no comfort in the "protection racket" view of government. I do take comfort in thinking that we are at a point in history where much of what we do as a society could be done voluntarily rather than coercively, using techniques such as crowd-funding. Change is in the air.

That said, I'm as wary of Jeff Berwick as anyone is, and I have no idea of the nature of his role in the Great Game. Posing as a perpetual traveler in order to avoid government shakedowns doesn't strike me as a good idea, but at least he's thinking about the issues.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1107

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:38:07 PM

ah,the perpetual wanker has struck again
maybe he can explain his "prophecies" and why they never came true instead
don't believe a word this guy is saying,he has a proven bullshitter record and a liar's badge of dishonour

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:26:05 PM

Incidentally, a heads up: one should attend Jeff Berwick's Anarchist conference in Mexico at their own considerable peril. It's a bit like attending a Jihadi conference; 2% genuine anarchists, 98% military intelligence agents.

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: