Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Updates on Proof of Bitcoin Node?  (Read 299 times)
cochranizer666 (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:17:18 AM

I just started running Bitcoin Core, and just wanted to know anything in regards to the Proof of Bitcoin Node algorithm proposed by SpreadCoin. I kinda am getting tired of making ForkNote coins in hopes of making mining better for everyone, and decided to go for the main original starter of it all, just because of Coinbase and all that.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:44:00 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2016, 07:02:23 AM by AgentofCoin

I just started running Bitcoin Core, and just wanted to know anything in regards to the Proof of Bitcoin Node algorithm proposed by SpreadCoin. I kinda am getting tired of making ForkNote coins in hopes of making mining better for everyone, and decided to go for the main original starter of it all, just because of Coinbase and all that.

I just looked over the whitepaper of Proof of Bitcoin Node:
http://spreadcoin.info/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Proof-of-Bitcoin-Node-DRAFTv1-1.pdf
and can not find a section that describes how it is able to prove that a Bitcoin node is real and validating.

It seems to me from a brief look, this proposal ignores and does not address the most important part to PoBN.
This proposal is to use processing for non-bitcoin related data, to indirectly incentivize bitcoin nodes.

Though the overall premise is correct and this is a likely future, where nodes do processing for multilayer systems,
the proposal does not give an answer to how a Bitcoin node is proven to be deserving of such an incentive or whether
a Bitcoin node will remain necessary over time for this proposed system. For example, just as Bitcoin Miners created
specialized systems to become more efficient, these node processors may drop the Bitcoin Node aspect if they are not
bound correctly, resulting in PoBN as proposed becoming a new processing node only for the multilayer systems.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: