Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:54:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btcjam are scammers  (Read 882 times)
anarchoatheist (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:39:43 AM

I deposited 1.00 btc there about a year ago just to try it out out of curiosity. Since the coin price has went up I decided to go retrieve my btc from there. When trying to withdraw I got some bull shit withdraw error. So I shot them an e-mail just to get this reply back
Hello XXXX,
Thanks for your email. Please verify yourself as an investor, all you have to do is to send in a photo of your id and write in your current address, the system shall verify it within the same day. Also, please confirm with me your latest withdraw address change request. Thanks for reaching out!

Best,
BTCjam Support Team

I never agreed to this intrusion. My guess is they know most users are not willing to send in a photo of their identification. So now they get to keep those users coins. I dont even understand how sending in an id even verifies anything. They are crooks and probably got hacked and lost all the coins they have on deposit. I feel bad for people who have larger amounts on deposit there. This is another gox for sure.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHADY COMPANY!!!
SourThunder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

:)

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:56:23 AM

Well even if it does seem shady, who in their right mind would deposit 1BTC in a website they don't trust? ID verification is nothing wrong to ask and almost anyone would do so for 1BTC value. A safe(very safe) method to stay scam free is upload screenshots of deposits made to Imgur or other hosting websites for verifications.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ OROCOIN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
" The first cryptocurrency with block rewards creatively and uniquely pegged to the rice of gold. "
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Visit Our TwitterWebsiteANN Thread & SLACK ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
anarchoatheist (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 08:09:36 AM

Well even if it does seem shady, who in their right mind would deposit 1BTC in a website they don't trust? ID verification is nothing wrong to ask and almost anyone would do so for 1BTC value. A safe(very safe) method to stay scam free is upload screenshots of deposits made to Imgur or other hosting websites for verifications.

First of all I deposited 1 btc to this site when they were around $300 each, now almost 1k a piece. even at 1k is not a lot of money to me. Its the principal of it. Seems youre one of these people who would have the stupid argument about not putting coins on exchanges either? without the exchanges, there would be no btc market.
 Learn to read and comprehend please. nowhere in that email did they ask for a screenshot of my deposit. they are asking for a photo of my I.D. You say who in their right mind would send 1 btc to shady website but tell me to send my i.d. to said shady company. Whos out of their mind now?
I could easily sign a transaction with the btc address that I initially sent them the coin with to make deposit to prove I am the owner. But they arent asking for this either. Either they want to collect info for x government or they want to steal my coin or sell my identity. either way...fucking cunts
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 530

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 08:48:26 AM

1BTC is a huge trial and error. I also try them out but my experience was bad, the level of loan default is quite higher than normal, the team promised to go affect the defaulters but till now my BTC has not been refunded that was when BTC price was around $400. The idea  simply cannot work, if you want to loan out your BTC,  exchanges lending for me is better, the only downside to this is possibility of hacking taking place.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 08:49:18 AM

I deposited 1.00 btc there about a year ago just to try it out out of curiosity. Since the coin price has went up I decided to go retrieve my btc from there. When trying to withdraw I got some bull shit withdraw error. So I shot them an e-mail just to get this reply back
Hello XXXX,
Thanks for your email. Please verify yourself as an investor, all you have to do is to send in a photo of your id and write in your current address, the system shall verify it within the same day. Also, please confirm with me your latest withdraw address change request. Thanks for reaching out!

Best,
BTCjam Support Team

I never agreed to this intrusion. My guess is they know most users are not willing to send in a photo of their identification. So now they get to keep those users coins. I dont even understand how sending in an id even verifies anything. They are crooks and probably got hacked and lost all the coins they have on deposit. I feel bad for people who have larger amounts on deposit there. This is another gox for sure.

There must have been a disclaimer. I cant imagine them not putting one. Have you looked closely?
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:49:29 AM

btcjam and all these fucking p2p lending sites are shady as fuck.

most of the borrowers on there will not get credit from traditional credit avenues and hence that's why you are bound to lose money to numerous defaults.

stay the fuck away from all this shit.
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 05:55:53 PM

You can simply verify your ID to withdraw the btc then request the account to be closed with the data removed (though doubt they will remove it from their db so soon). You would also need to always keep up to date with their policy updates because being an "investor" or "borrower" on their site means you must agree to their terms, including verifying yourself.

I would agree that btcjam have more users who are likely to default. Before btcjam went to crap, it was probably easier to go after the borrower (assuming its worth it). Now, you got more loads of crap, they stop supporting US borrowers, and they get more users who default while they profit from the fees they get per loan, and people would basically be at a lost.
SourThunder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

:)

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:18:26 PM

First of all I deposited 1 btc to this site when they were around $300 each, now almost 1k a piece. even at 1k is not a lot of money to me. Its the principal of it. Seems youre one of these people who would have the stupid argument about not putting coins on exchanges either? without the exchanges, there would be no btc market.
 Learn to read and comprehend please. nowhere in that email did they ask for a screenshot of my deposit. they are asking for a photo of my I.D. You say who in their right mind would send 1 btc to shady website but tell me to send my i.d. to said shady company. Whos out of their mind now?
I could easily sign a transaction with the btc address that I initially sent them the coin with to make deposit to prove I am the owner. But they arent asking for this either. Either they want to collect info for x government or they want to steal my coin or sell my identity. either way...fucking cunts

I guess some people never learn. I was simply suggesting to take a screenshot of Transactions which might prove beneficial in the future. For people like you who don't care about money, I have no words left for the likes of you.
"You say who in their right mind would send 1 btc to shady website but tell me to send my i.d. to said shady company. Whos out of their mind now?"
So what else would you do to get back that sum?

Either they want to collect info for x government or they want to steal my coin or sell my identity. either way...fucking cunts
I back you up there, and I hope no other person falls for their trap either.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ OROCOIN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
" The first cryptocurrency with block rewards creatively and uniquely pegged to the rice of gold. "
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Visit Our TwitterWebsiteANN Thread & SLACK ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 06:48:35 PM

Hello XXXX,

Best,
BTCjam Support Team

I never agreed to this intrusion.
My guess is they know most users are not willing to send in a photo of their identification. So now they get to keep those users coins. I dont even understand how sending in an id even verifies anything. They are crooks and probably got hacked and lost all the coins they have on deposit. I feel bad for people who have larger amounts on deposit there. This is another gox for sure.

Remember the little checkbox when you signed up? READ. IT. Its what you agreed to, whether you actually read it or not.

15. Verification Procedures

The Company uses procedures to collect and verify information about in order to protect the Company and the community from fraudulent users and to keep appropriate records of the Company’s users.

All Users of the Site, at minimum, must provide identity verification requested by the Company.

https://btcjam.com/terms-of-use

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
anarchoatheist (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 08:02:07 PM

Hello XXXX,

Best,
BTCjam Support Team

My guess is they know most users are not willing to send in a photo of their identification. So now they get to keep those users coins. I dont even understand how sending in an id even verifies anything. They are crooks and probably got hacked and lost all the coins they have on deposit. I feel bad for people who have larger amounts on deposit there. This is another gox for sure.

Remember the little checkbox when you signed up? READ. IT. Its what you agreed to, whether you actually read it or not.

The Company uses procedures to collect and verify information about in order to protect the Company and the community from fraudulent users and to keep appropriate records of the Company’s users.

All Users of the Site, at minimum, must provide identity verification requested by the Company.

So you have a time machine and went back a year and checked their terms of use when I signed up? This I'm sure is an updated terms of use. The fact is, they were allowing withdraws, then they weren't. I tested this with small amount before I added my 1btc. It's bait and switch. They don't need my I'd. There are a multitude of ways to confirm that I'm the owner. Just because they changed the terms of use didn't make it right. They are still cunts.
UGMZ

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

I used them for a loan send them all my documents including bank statements, Passport scans, Photo of me holding my passport, and few other documents..

I have 2 loans there both were paid back first being £400 second being £1700

After the 2nd loan I decided I was going to apply for a £3000 loan as my credit rating was B which is really good on there site.

This was just about the time for brexit where we decided to leave the EU and the pound dropped!, I logged in to find my account had been degraded and i was no longer able to apply for a loan even after all the information about my income had been verified.. and multiple accounts linked like facebook. email localbitcoins ect ect,

There reply was dew to the pound dropping we don't feel we can serve UK customers anymore..

Shocking.. Yes.. considering I had a verified income of over £75,000 a year!

My advice would be stay away. they seem to pick and choose who they allow to use there service..

And I also agree there is a lot of defaults there I lost £100 I split across x6 investment's.. ever one defaulted..
Yet I made all my payments on time and actually cleared my 2nd loan ahead of time!

I have asked them to confirm to me there reason in full as to why they will no longer accept my request for a loan all I get now is sorry the system will not allow it.. (Dew to drop in pound value)

I then contacted them to tell them I wanted my account removed and all my information destroyed.. they still have not done this and the account is still active....
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 01:01:06 PM

Hello XXXX,

Best,
BTCjam Support Team

So you have a time machine and went back a year and checked their terms of use when I signed up?

Last Updated September 9, 2015

This I'm sure is an updated terms of use.

Not since Sept. 2015, which is at least 3 months over a year. Even if, it is your job to read these terms as you agreed to them when you created an account and you automatically agree to changes unless you explicitly state otherwise.

The fact is, they were allowing withdraws, then they weren't. I tested this with small amount before I added my 1btc. It's bait and switch. They don't need my I'd. There are a multitude of ways to confirm that I'm the owner. Just because they changed the terms of use didn't make it right. They are still cunts.

They are trying to cover their asses in terms of AML/KYC. Its perfectly fine to dislike that, but you have to inform yourself. Blaming them in hindsight for your shortcomings is silly.

-snip-

Please stay on topic, you dont see others posting their sob stories here either do you?

UGMZ

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

-snip-

Please stay on topic, you dont see others posting their sob stories here either do you?
[/quote]

Its a public forum and my post is relevant to this topic.. Also its not a sob story I couldn't care less if they took my business or not to be honest. Its there loss at the end of the day and the loss of the good and decent lenders on there.

Just felt it was a bit shocking to make it so that I couldn't take a loan because of political issues.. I thought bitcoin was all about not getting involved in political and financial markets.. since that was the whole point of bitjam in the first place.. P2P lending.. Not looking at things like currency fluctuation and if a nation decided to leave the eu or not...
anarchoatheist (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:55:19 PM

Hello XXXX,

Best,
BTCjam Support Team

So you have a time machine and went back a year and checked their terms of use when I signed up?

Last Updated September 9, 2015

This I'm sure is an updated terms of use.

Not since Sept. 2015, which is at least 3 months over a year. Even if, it is your job to read these terms as you agreed to them when you created an account and you automatically agree to changes unless you explicitly state otherwise.

The fact is, they were allowing withdraws, then they weren't. I tested this with small amount before I added my 1btc. It's bait and switch. They don't need my I'd. There are a multitude of ways to confirm that I'm the owner. Just because they changed the terms of use didn't make it right. They are still cunts.

They are trying to cover their asses in terms of AML/KYC. Its perfectly fine to dislike that, but you have to inform yourself. Blaming them in hindsight for your shortcomings is silly.

-snip-

They are still cunts
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

-snip-
They are still cunts

I agree.

Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 12:53:05 AM

BTCJam, it's been a good experiment but I think it's time to give up. With the rising price of Bitcoin I logged into my BTCJam account to see if there was anything worth withdrawing. Only $1 so I thought I would invest it back in. Only 4 listings were active, all with C rated borrowers.

BTCJam, you simply can't enforce a P2P lending platform. If you want to offer freedom from regulation by offering everyone a chance to obtain credit for the things that really matter to them, whilst also stimulating the economy then you need to give confidence to investors.

BTCJam advises you to split your investment up, which is a fairly solid technique. The problem with this is that enforcing small amounts (like the average investor will) is simply not cost effective. Whilst BTCJam may provide the borrowers details;

a) There is nothing there that is legally binding.
b) You are not guaranteed recovery of funds.

If you want to have legally binding contracts, then you will need to improve verification procedures and make them more robust. Taking an selfie with an ID is not good enough - there needs to be a legal contract that is executed with both parties.

As an investor, if I know my money has no protection I simply won't invest. Borrowers won't get funds. Your business model won't work.

As a borrower - there needs to be better and more robust verification methods. Asking for ID/SSN and all of that is useless if I can't use that information to enforce. All these can be doctored and there is nothing stopping a squeaky clean user with 100% feedback on everything pulling a big scam.

I know that certain countries make it impossible for people with bad credit to obtain loans. BTCJam would have been the ideal platform but due to lack of confidence provided by BTCJam.

Just some stats off the top of my head - less than 40% have paid me back completely. I always spread my investement and frankly the amount doesn't matter because the default rate proves that BTCJam simply doesn't have trusted borrowers.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: