Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:25:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greed is killing Bitcoin.  (Read 7196 times)
yolo2222

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:18:51 AM

Greed is in human nature, but it can be managable. On the other hand, incompetent people running the biggest exchange is simply disapointing, and their greed is whats killing btc. Yeah, and again, the famous mt gox didnt do anything. They lag like hell, and its bots trading. The engine still has the same crappy algorith for calculating price ... If anything kills btc it will be mtgox and its incompetent people

If it's so bad, then why don't you get off your lazy ass and create something that it better instead of just complaining about it. It is easy to sit in front of your computer and bitch and moan, but the guys that have set up exchanges, web sites, forums, and businesses are actually doing something. They are creating and building the things that you use while you are sitting there and stuffing your face with Cheetos. Have some respect. These people have done more in the last couple years than you will ever do in your lifetime.

Guys lets not drive ourselves crazy and start insulting each other. This is what the people who are DDosing probably want to achive.
Stay strong, lets do this!

antibanker

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:21:28 AM

it may be greed, it may be jews...

who knows?
vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:22:59 AM

Greed is in human nature, but it can be managable. On the other hand, incompetent people running the biggest exchange is simply disapointing, and their greed is whats killing btc. Yeah, and again, the famous mt gox didnt do anything. They lag like hell, and its bots trading. The engine still has the same crappy algorith for calculating price ... If anything kills btc it will be mtgox and its incompetent people

If it's so bad, then why don't you get off your lazy ass and create something that it better instead of just complaining about it. It is easy to sit in front of your computer and bitch and moan, but the guys that have set up exchanges, web sites, forums, and businesses are actually doing something. They are creating and building the things that you use while you are sitting there and stuffing your face with Cheetos. Have some respect. These people have done more in the last couple years than you will ever do in your lifetime.

I am not the one creating interest out of it. I do my job, and they are not doing theirs, but instead just make crappy anouncements. Its pure ignorance. This kind of bussines practice is unacceptable. So please sod off

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
yolo2222

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:33:52 AM

I am not the one creating interest out of it. I do my job, and they are not doing theirs, but instead just make crappy anouncements. Its pure ignorance. This kind of bussines practice is unacceptable. So please sod off

You just have a little jealous flash my friend.

I advice you to listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAI-OIxLPo  and CHILL THE F*** out  Smiley or make a better version of Gox... heh

vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:46:13 AM

I advice you to listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAI-OIxLPo  and CHILL THE F*** out  Smiley or make a better version of Gox... heh

It is simply not my job, nor am I being payed to do it. I dont have a reason to be jealous, I settled myself for life via bitcoin. If you watch my posts closely, you will notice that I stepped out of the game few days before the price correction, so I really have nothing to loose, I simply pointing out where the problem lies. And thats is that gox simply abused the faith people had in it. Sadly, that is the problem with someone holding the majority of the trade. I hope these events will bring up some smaller exchanges to be stronger

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
yolo2222

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:48:34 AM

It is simply not my job, nor am I being payed to do it. I dont have a reason to be jealous, I settled myself for life via bitcoin. If you watch my posts closely, you will notice that I stepped out of the game few days before the price correction, so I really have nothing to loose, I simply pointing out where the problem lies. And thats is that gox simply abused the faith people had in it. Sadly, that is the problem with someone holding the majority of the trade. I hope these events will bring up some smaller exchanges to be stronger

You are speaking in quests my friend. Good for you that you cashed out. Now go outside and enjoy your fiat money instead of staring at your screen and ranting Cheesy

Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:02:01 AM

1 BTC is as valuable to me as it was two days ago. The fact that the Dollar has tripled it's value the last 24 hours is a sign that the FED are not printing money fast enough. The pump currently exercised on the DOW, aided with war scare propaganda on North Korea, to draw home US investors, is exactly what happend in 1926 with "the new deal" monetary policy and anti Japanese Chinese propaganda.

The fact that Bitcoin is dropping against the Dollar is a sign that Bitcoin is the serious alternative, so big investors are dumping Coins to increase Bitcoin's liquidity and put pressure on the Dollar. If this is working as intended, the US stock market will crumble in the matter of days and US debt will impossible to pay back in Bitcoin.

If the FED are smart, and they are, they'll be Buying Bitcoin as fast as they can print Dollars!

(Had to write this to feel better)

wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:15:00 AM

1 BTC is as valuable to me as it was two days ago. The fact that the Dollar has tripled it's value the last 24 hours is a sign that the FED are not printing money fast enough. The pump currently exercised on the DOW, aided with war scare propaganda on North Korea, to draw home US investors, is exactly what happend in 1926 with "the new deal" monetary policy and anti Japanese Chinese propaganda.

The fact that Bitcoin is dropping against the Dollar is a sign that Bitcoin is the serious alternative, so big investors are dumping Coins to increase Bitcoin's liquidity and put pressure on the Dollar. If this is working as intended, the US stock market will crumble in the matter of days and US debt will impossible to pay back in Bitcoin.

If the FED are smart, and they are, they'll be Buying Bitcoin as fast as they can print Dollars!

(Had to write this to feel better)

tldr: bla
Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:20:17 AM

A deflationary currency is not a viable option for economy, period.

Gee. I just can't figure out how the U.S. economy managed to survive until 1971 with a deflationary currency seeing how it is not viable, period.

Never in history the US experienced a deflationary currency, let alone a SO deflationary one. Just saying.

yolo2222

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:18:13 PM

Thanks to all the oldschool guys for making bitcoin what it is today!

Never forget the massive amount of time and work some of the best guys around the world, put into this project!!!

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:30:45 PM

If greed is killing bitcoin, then it doesn't deserve to survive.
Luckily Satoshi understood human nature and used it to bootstrap this currency
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:36:08 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 06:37:32 PM by odolvlobo

A deflationary currency is not a viable option for economy, period.

Gee. I just can't figure out how the U.S. economy managed to survive until 1971 with a deflationary currency seeing how it is not viable, period.

Never in history the US experienced a deflationary currency, let alone a SO deflationary one. Just saying.

The U.S. was on a gold standard until 1971. Gold is a deflationary currency, just like bitcoin.

I'm not arguing that more deflation is better, or that the current deflation rate of bitcoin is good. I have seen first-hand that it is not. My claim is that both high inflation and high deflation are bad, and that both low inflation and low deflation are tolerable.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:32:35 PM

... My claim is that both high inflation and high deflation are bad, and that both low inflation and low deflation are tolerable.

You have to use a clear definition of deflation/inflation before discussing it. Bitcoin itself cannot be deflationary since no Bitcoins are destroyed. Bitcoins can be 'lost' or otherwise stuck without access but that does not change the core of the protocol.

If Bitcoin is thus not deflationary, or at least nothing extreme (lets say below 1%), the deflation you seem to have in mind is decreasing prices. Well, that's the economy and not Bitcoin. Changing equilibrium is just what free markets are about. New balance will be found until market preferences change again.

misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

The rumors of Bitcoin's death are greatly exaggerated!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 06:40:51 PM

The U.S. was on a gold standard until 1971. Gold is a deflationary currency, just like bitcoin.

I'm not arguing that more deflation is better, or that the current deflation rate of bitcoin is good. I have seen first-hand that it is not. My claim is that both high inflation and high deflation are bad, and that both low inflation and low deflation are tolerable.

One thing you have to realise is around that time the federal reserve was repeatedly trying to manipulate the price of Gold, Bitcoin can't be manipulated so easily and also Gold is used for a myriad of other things besides a currency, you can't claim you have seen proper deflation in action because there hasn't been a currency from what I'm aware of in existence that has been specifically developed with deflation in mind, that's where Bitcoin comes in.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:24:07 PM

... My claim is that both high inflation and high deflation are bad, and that both low inflation and low deflation are tolerable.

You have to use a clear definition of deflation/inflation before discussing it. Bitcoin itself cannot be deflationary since no Bitcoins are destroyed. Bitcoins can be 'lost' or otherwise stuck without access but that does not change the core of the protocol.

If Bitcoin is thus not deflationary, or at least nothing extreme (lets say below 1%), the deflation you seem to have in mind is decreasing prices. Well, that's the economy and not Bitcoin. Changing equilibrium is just what free markets are about. New balance will be found until market preferences change again.

The wacky thing is how intensely inflationary Bitcoin actually is in terms of supply.

In the first year, Bitcoin experiences a whopping 600% inflation.  We won't hit 1% amortized inflation until another 11-12 years from today.  At present we're still above 10% inflation.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:25:47 PM

The rumors of Bitcoin's death are greatly exaggerated!
+1

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:27:24 PM

We simply need more businesses willing to accept crypto currencies as a means of pay. It will be difficult but it isn't impossible.
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:37:39 PM

We simply need more businesses willing to accept crypto currencies as a means of pay. It will be difficult but it isn't impossible.
I think most of us simply need to leave gox to the professional speculators, and use weighted rates instead of the bogus gox rate for the B economy reference rate. Right now, it's not found on any main data feed i've seen.

Those of us who were here through the 611 crash remember the atmosphere after it falling to 2 usd, when even many of the hard-core bitcoiners were doubting B the way they do now, and everyone else was celebrating the demise of B as the latest ponzi, bubble, scam, fad, flooz, etc. Less than 2 years later, B is bigger than ever, and stronger than ever against wooden currencies.

So, as we say in Russia, "It's not evening yet!" 

EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:46:35 PM

to quote Gordon Gekko

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures, the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the U.S.A."

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: