Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:37:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadians: Who do you use to ship worldwide?  (Read 732 times)
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:05:53 PM

Hi all Canadians or anyone shipping from Canada. I've been trying to sell some goods on the forum for quite some time now but honestly have a lot of trouble with shipping. Both the cost and the fact that if I want to have it tracked it's 5x the price. $50 to send 50grams accross the globe hardly seems worth it.

So my question is, who do you use? Canada Post seems to be the cheapest when I look online but sending a $10 package with $50 shipping is just ridiculous! I can't limit my sales to just Canada because then I'd rarely ever sell anything. My best option so far is to send them via small packet air but it isn't tracked so it's not ideal really an ideal solution.

Are other countries really that much cheaper to ship from? Am I missing something? Should I try to get business rates somehow?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

Hi all Canadians or anyone shipping from Canada. I've been trying to sell some goods on the forum for quite some time now but honestly have a lot of trouble with shipping. Both the cost and the fact that if I want to have it tracked it's 5x the price. $50 to send 50grams accross the globe hardly seems worth it.

So my question is, who do you use? Canada Post seems to be the cheapest when I look online but sending a $10 package with $50 shipping is just ridiculous! I can't limit my sales to just Canada because then I'd rarely ever sell anything. My best option so far is to send them via small packet air but it isn't tracked so it's not ideal really an ideal solution.

Are other countries really that much cheaper to ship from? Am I missing something? Should I try to get business rates somehow?
you should try and post in the right place in the forum. Trading session on this forum is not a right place for enquiries. Please do the right thing and you will get right results.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 07:30:04 PM

I haven't shipped much out lately, but I usually ship with Canada Post.

One thing worth looking into would be Canada Post's Solutions for Small Business program. It's free to sign up for and helps to save a few percent on shipping parcels. It isn't a major discount, probably only 5 or 10%, but it's still better than nothing.

Shipping packages internationally from Canada seems to be a great example of how Canadians get price-gouged when compared to our friends down South. From what I've seen, it seems to be much cheaper to ship from the USA to Canada with tracking than it is to ship from Canada to the USA with tracking. However, I'm quite interested in seeing if there are any better deals than the normal Canada Post international shipping rates, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:27:07 PM

Canada Post is the only answer I guess Undecided it sure makes it hard to compete.
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:29:09 PM

I too am interested.  Posting to subscribe.

Absurd rates to ship internationally.

I have had many negative experiences with Purolater.  I do not recommend.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:33:16 PM

With the kind of service you are offering and what you are expecting, I tell you there is no where you will get it cheap since you are still practicing on a small scale. What I will suggest is to find a way to reduce the cost or share the cost with the buyer. In reducing the cost, you can try and get to ship commodities to just a country or find a trusted distributor where most of your sales is coming from then you dispatch at once that will reduce the cost to a large extent...
kirch

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:16:43 PM

where are you located ?

I ship through USPS through third party..extremely cheap to USA and rest of the world
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:18:10 PM

where are you located ?

I ship through USPS through third party..extremely cheap to USA and rest of the world

I live right near the border but my passport has expired hahaha. Also, I'd rather not have to drive a few hours and cross a border just to save money on shipping. Is there a business that you use or just a friend who's this third party?
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:10:29 PM

Bump for possible answer.

edit; calling Kirch! Smiley
Chris! (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:52:19 AM

Hey Kirch! What service do you use? We're dying to know here!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: