Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:29:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You are all dumb and got warned this would happen.  (Read 5925 times)
onesalt (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:38:59 PM

Seriously, for a long long time people have been saying "bitcoin is a bubble bought on by the greed of idiots" and now after the second major price crash caused by exactly this people might realise this. Deflationary currencies like gold and silver (and bitcoin!) do not work for this very reason. There is a reason that most government issued currency has an inflation rate and it is specifically to stop people just collecting a ton of it and hoarding it and waiting for it to go up in value and thus encourage people to actually use their money or invest it.

Bitcoins are fundamentally flawed for this reason. Why should anyone spend now what will be worth more tomorrow? Why should anyone invest in anything or buy anything when tomorrow you could buy twice as much?
marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:43:26 PM

You are very very wrong about what the problem is here.  I doubt you understand much about either cyptocurrency, economics or trading, so I won't waste a lot of time.

Yes people warned btc was a bubble, including myself.  People who ignored that and bought around $20USD or so are STILL massively profitable regardless of anything else.  Short term yes btc was massively overvalued and in a bubble - long term it goto either $0 or $10k plus and NO ONE really knows which right now.

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:48:12 PM

Seriously, I am pretty familiar with such kind of tunes. " I told you so!"  Every time the market crashes happened.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:51:47 PM

Bitcoins are fundamentally flawed for this reason. Why should anyone spend now what will be worth more tomorrow? Why should anyone invest in anything or buy anything when tomorrow you could buy twice as much?

The market just proved your argument 100% wrong over the past 48 hours.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

What crash? People that bought at the beginning of the year are still up almost 1000% after this so-called "crash". I'm still waiting for the real crash, which may or may not happen.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bitman442

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:52:53 PM

My question is why someone who doesn't believe in Bitcoin spends so much time in this forum?
onesalt (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:53:02 PM

Seriously, I am pretty familiar with such kind of tunes. " I told you so!"  Every time the market crashes happened.

The fact it's happened at all is what de-legitimises bitcoin as a "currency".
ECore

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

https://ubikiri.com/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:54:11 PM

Haha...one little glitch in the system causes a dip and the itoldyaso bots come out and they try to look all smart.   Now when it goes up again this Guy wont call himself an idiot....but I will.

Integrated Distributed Ledgers
A whole world of different blockchains living together in a single network based on DAG. No more gates, bridges, portals or special nodes connecting blockchains into a single whole. Only one p2p network, consisting of blockchains of various types: from private for state and corporate networks to public for crypto projects.
mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:54:59 PM

Seriously, for a long long time people have been saying "bitcoin is a bubble bought on by the greed of idiots" and now after the second major price crash caused by exactly this people might realise this.

Greed will always exist outside of gold silver or bitcoin. Bitcoin is not the problem, the centralized exchange is.

Because it is money.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:55:16 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 12:38:28 PM by Welsh

Crash?

It may be a so called 'crash' to new people who bought bitcoin, But what you don't realize is that a year ago it cost very little and a lot of us bought back then and are now profiting.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:56:08 PM

My question is why someone who doesn't believe in Bitcoin spends so much time in this forum?

because troll?

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
bitman442

Activity: 142

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:59:22 PM

When people didn't sell at $31 the last time this happened and then it dropped to a few dollars they were called stupid too. I was one of them. I still have my coins, and am very glad I didn't sell. It will happen again, just because it isn't a linear climb doesn't mean bitcoin is crashing and burning.
Ivica

Activity: 218

Firstbits: 19e3fc

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:59:50 PM

Bought .5btc for 5$. Crash?

19e3fcoLTu8YVFAU1NywJ88YnHH5kF8ScP - donations are welcome.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Up down up down.

Everyone's right at some point in time.

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:00:41 PM

There is a reason that most government issued currency has an inflation rate and it is specifically to stop people just collecting a ton of it and hoarding it and waiting for it to go up in value and thus encourage people to actually use their money or invest it.

Let me help you. "Collecting a ton of it" is called SAVING. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
nuggets4all

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:04:13 PM

New exchanges coming online, competition from newer cryptos, and the introduction of the ability to short cryptos will help smooth out markets.

This is just another fit start from a new currency finding its place. I don't feel the need to be "protected" by the state from the scourge of lower prices.
niko

Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:06:19 PM

Seriously, for a long long time people have been saying "bitcoin is a bubble bought on by the greed of idiots" and now after the second major price crash caused by exactly this people might realise this. Deflationary currencies like gold and silver (and bitcoin!) do not work for this very reason. There is a reason that most government issued currency has an inflation rate and it is specifically to stop people just collecting a ton of it and hoarding it and waiting for it to go up in value and thus encourage people to actually use their money or invest it.

You are contradicting yourself. Are bitcoins or gold always going to be worth more tomorrow, or did the price of btc just go down?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:07:54 PM

I am a winner Grin

(200 euro was the top)

Who sold even more at the top? post your screenshots!
nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:12:51 PM

Greed will always exist outside of gold silver or bitcoin. Bitcoin is not the problem, the centralized exchange is.

That belongs on a t-shirt!

Mt. Gox ≠ Bitcoin
+ 1000
jackofspades

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:12:55 PM

makes me sick to think about the whales who sold thousands of BTC at 250usd ea...
we all know its only a matter of time before BTC surges back up past 266 this time
When will the next 'bubble' (holds back laughter) be? 350? 500? 750?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: