Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 02:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earning crypto-coins from faucets?_Discussions  (Read 404 times)
Qwiner (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 12:58:33 PM

Hi all,

Happy New Year and good luck to all!

Anyone interested with a discussion thread about this topic?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
tifossi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 01:09:47 PM

Maybe this is the wrong section of your discussion. And there are maybe another threads about it.
On my opinion faucets are wasting time. You can't make a lot of money with it. Maybe it's a good start for some people who are new with bitcoins to earn some cents. Not more. And as a site owner I don't know how much is the profit but there are a lot of faucet sites. The profit is not high on my opinion.
Qwiner (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 01:34:39 PM

1. Maybe this is the wrong section of your discussion. 2. And there are maybe another threads about it.
3. On my opinion faucets are wasting time. You can't make a lot of money with it. Maybe it's a good start for some people who are new with bitcoins to earn some cents. Not more. And as a site owner I don't know how much is the profit but there are a lot of faucet sites. 4. The profit is not high on my opinion.

1. I think this is the right section - because is about a type of service - using crypto-coins faucets.
2. Other threads about this topic is very outdated. This is why I initiated this thread.
3. In regards to your opinion about the amount of money that U can make from faucets - it is true, but there are a lot of activities out there that U can do that U might think can make a lot of BTC, but they are not. U actually end up with nothing if U:
i. GAMBLING
ii. HYIP investment
iii. Signature campaign - have very high requirements these day, and not much going on
>> But with faucets - anyone can use it and own some crypto-coins.
4. Yes, U won't get rich from faucets, but U will definitely go into negative gearing/bankrupt if U do high risk activities - gambling & HYIP investment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

There is a board "Micro Earnings" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=212.0  With faucets discussion topics.
AsdQ89

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 01:55:02 PM

As an active user of faucets i can only agree with both of the above posts.

1) You don't get rich anytime soon
2) There is close to zero risks. Actually the only risk is using the gambling options some faucets provide like freebitco.in, which can be a fun way to increase your earnings a bit faster, but has some risks to them.
3) Easy weekly tranfers to your wallet when limits are meet, often somewhere around 10 000 Satoshi, which can easily be earned within a week at sites like moonbit.co.in.
4) Some sites even gives you additional earnings from referals or daily loyalty bonuses, again moonbit.co.in being a good example.

I have dabled a bit in HYIP's and investments like hashflare.io and btc.jam, but the only safe earning I have had so far is faucets.

/AsdQ89
Qwiner (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:27:49 PM

There is a board "Micro Earnings" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=212.0  With faucets discussion topics.

Thank you, I have been looking & looking, but I have overlooked that.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
tifossi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

You're right, you can earn a bit of money. But how long must you be online in the faucet sites to get 10000 satoshi?
Was trying some sites like freebitco a year ago and yes I earned a little bit of money. But the time I have spend isn't it worth on my opinion.
Yes it's a safe way to earn money, that's right but you must spend time on it. If you hold maybe 1BTC you will not spend time on faucet sites.
And I always recommend to leave your fingers on HYIP sites, they will always ends in a scam.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1342

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 11:38:07 PM

It's very hard to earn decent amount of bitcoin from faucets. Main reasons why: faucet owners can't use Adsense (earlier Adsense was main part of faucet income).Also, bitcoin price now is very high, so faucet can't pay high rewards.
It's not worth to claim from faucets, it would be waste of time, because there are plenty of more effective ways to earn bitcoins.
I'm claiming from faucets when I have free time, but mainly for fun. And I'm still trying to build my "referral army".
I like one aspect of faucets. Coins which are claim one-two years ago now have few times bigger value.

AsdQ89

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:36:20 AM

You're right, you can earn a bit of money. But how long must you be online in the faucet sites to get 10000 satoshi?
Was trying some sites like freebitco a year ago and yes I earned a little bit of money. But the time I have spend isn't it worth on my opinion.
Yes it's a safe way to earn money, that's right but you must spend time on it. If you hold maybe 1BTC you will not spend time on faucet sites.
And I always recommend to leave your fingers on HYIP sites, they will always ends in a scam.

You are 100% correct that 1 BTC, bought when bitcoins are cheap, is a way better investment than faucets will ever be. Especially with these high prices we are dealing with at the moment. Also in as a long term investment given that the bitcoin price have a general increase in value over these last couple of years. But you have to keep in mind that investing in Bitcoin, like all other investments, carries risks. No one can for sure guess the price of a Bitcoin tomorrow.

As for you question about the amount of time needed to reach our "payout goal/limit": it really depends in the site you use. You mention freebitco.in which has an hourly payout at around 250 satoshi and a minium withdrawal amount of 30 000 satoshi, which means you are going to need approx. 30 000/250 = 120 payouts to be able to withdraw to your wallet. In you are awake 16 hours a day (given 8 hours of sleep) and subtract one hour for slack and etc. we get day you can withdraw within 120/15 = 8 days. Now you have to keep in mind that freebitco.in doesn't force postpone tranfers if you don't reach our "weekly" goal, since you can manually withdraw at any given time. As for home much time your actually use for one withdrawal of 30 000 Satoshi: I would say each capthca take about 2 minutes to solve wich means you will be using 120 x 2 = 240 minutes or 4 hours of your life for 30 000 satoshi weach comes up to about 0,305$.

This is ofcourse WAY different for other sites like moonbitco.in and others which have different payout timers and withdrawal limits.

It's very hard to earn decent amount of bitcoin from faucets. Main reasons why: faucet owners can't use Adsense (earlier Adsense was main part of faucet income).Also, bitcoin price now is very high, so faucet can't pay high rewards.
It's not worth to claim from faucets, it would be waste of time, because there are plenty of more effective ways to earn bitcoins.
I'm claiming from faucets when I have free time, but mainly for fun. And I'm still trying to build my "referral army".
I like one aspect of faucets. Coins which are claim one-two years ago now have few times bigger value.

You are never going to earn "decent" amount of bitcoins from faucets, otherwise it would be a given that all did it, and even quit their day jobs for it. The revenue from ads and donations on these sites just doesn't support it.
Which is why I 100% agree with your statement, that claiming from faucets always should be seen as a free time killer and nothing else, given thatany other paying activity (job or whatever) would make soo much more sence of using your time on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: