Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting At mining! PLEASE SHARE SOME KNOWLEDGE AND HELP ME !  (Read 1609 times)
melkor135 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 07:57:48 PM by -ck

i have been trading bitcoins for a few week and 3 days ago 4 "Spondoolies SP20 JACKSON" come to my hands.. i whant to start minning but i know literally nothing about it.. i have been reading a lot online but cant find nothing that helpme to start from 0,  can some1 helpme to start on this? or at least what are the very few steps i have to take o where can i find that info?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:27:03 PM

It ll depends on whether you are doing this for profit, or as a hobby. If for profit then it all depends on your electricity cost. There are many profitability calculators on the internet that have data for different miners already programed you just needto input some data and then you can find out if it will be profitable and for how long.

If you are doing it as a hobby then just get them plugged in, follow one of the setup threads (in the hardware section of the bitcoin forum) and you are mining. Oh and make sure you join a pool and set up and account so any mining income goes to the bitcoin address you want it to.

Oh and just so you know if you are running any mining hardware at its intended speeds then it will be loud.

Im a home miner and have an S9 underclocked by 50% and its bareable under my desk. At full speed it isn't. Mining hardware is meant for datacenters and warehouses, not for home anymore, well not if you want to do it for much profit.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
melkor135 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:05:49 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 11:26:29 PM by melkor135

hi, thnkz for ur anwers, im staring this like and i whould like to profit from it.. i dont have electricity bills, cuz i have a few companys running and i have 1 "pay once consume all u need" plan.. i have a few spaces on a wherehouse so noise will not be a problem for me..

I find 1 of those calculators that u tellme about
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php
^this one..
but there are several thing i dont know where to get the info.. like dificulty and dificulty increase..and others.. im really NOOB at this.. !

About those pools, i readsome where that a few of them are Scams... can u name 1 that can be trusted? is eny Requirement to join them?

Are this equipment i got actually good? i get 4 but could be a dozen...
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:41:33 AM

Your posts are really hard to read please slow down a bit...

If you have free power they are workable, find a calculator that fills in the difficulty. and use the TH total you have to calculate.

That's out dated tech, so not the best, but with free power anything can be ran.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:42:15 AM

use this calc
https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:30:51 AM

There is at least one specific thread on the SP20 (and the SP20E varient).

It was a good miner in it's time, and if your electric is SUPER cheap (3c/kwh or less) it can be down-volted enough it MIGHT be profitable - barely.
 It's not a bad choice for a "free electric" setup, the built in configurability lets you dial in your power usage a lot more without hardware mods needed than almost any other miner.
 Down side - it's 2 generations old technology, at it's mid-point of configuration it's a tossup with the Antminer S5 on efficiency and hashrate.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
melkor135 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:19:37 PM

Your posts are really hard to read please slow down a bit...

If you have free power they are workable, find a calculator that fills in the difficulty. and use the TH total you have to calculate.

That's out dated tech, so not the best, but with free power anything can be ran.

Sry, is that english isnt my mother lenguage and im not good at it..

Im not sure but i think the HastRate is 1.5 T/h, and this calculator says i can get about 30$ month.. that a loot of money here soo i will be really happy if that is this way!! U think is posible? or im just doing something wrong?
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:47:14 AM

If that's what it says, that's roughly what you will get.
Setup on a pool like Slush, do not solo mine.

If you have free power, go for it.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:31:26 AM

Can we pool mine with Antrouter R1

I read that it's locked to solo mining.
hartlord

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:35:07 AM

Smiley
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:47:19 PM

Not worth pool mining, it makes close to nothing. The device is a lotto device, high risk, high reward.
[/quote]

I know it not worth pool mining with Antrouter R1. My question is is it possible to pool mine or the firmware is locked for solo mining.
simon149

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 06:50:34 PM

Personally I prefer cloudmining, also looking at some of the environmental impacts of just hashing away without knowing what you do..
Just a waste of the energy used if you do not optimize it. There are some green electricity cloud mining companies out there; and in my opinion personal miners should also be responsible with their usage.

Free electricity and just running an outdated machine that barely does anything useful is a terrible waste of energy.

Volg mijn blog over Bitcoins voor uitleg, tips en nieuwtjes over Bitcoin.
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 01:30:08 PM

Personally I prefer cloudmining, also looking at some of the environmental impacts of just hashing away without knowing what you

Please do not recommend Cloud Mining to newcomers.  You will almost certainly lose more than you invest as the difficulty increases and electricity costs/management costs/additional fees they charge will only lead to profit for those doing the mining - not the people buying Cloud Mining.

Just a waste of the energy used if you do not optimize it. There are some green electricity cloud mining companies out there; and in my opinion personal miners should also be responsible with their usage.

I have yet to come across a 'real' green-energy mining operation that wasn't entirely private.  They have absolutely no incentive to offer REAL Cloud Mining contracts.  If they are using excess energy from solar power, then they are STILL running mining equipment.

There is no such thing as 'green' SHA-256 (e.g., Bitcoin) because the entire concept of Bitcoin is based upon Proof-of-Work.  Energy must be expended in some form, whether that is CPU's, GPU's, ASIC's, otherwise hashing cannot occur.

Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:58:21 PM

Im a home miner and have an S9 underclocked by 50% and its bareable under my desk. At full speed it isn't. Mining hardware is meant for datacenters and warehouses, not for home anymore, well not if you want to do it for much profit.
May i know how much profit you are earning using s9 and is it really advisable to mine with the current difficulty level.
And for the OP since you have free electricity then you are good to go,you might not get 1.7 TH/s unless you are in a cold place if not you will get around 1.2 TH and the fan sound will be super loud .Good luck mining.

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:14:03 PM

For someone with 3 companies it is weird to call a $30 bucks "a lot of money" Smiley whether you pay for it or not the electricity still going to be consumed and someone will have to pay instead of you, and I'm sure if they see spike in your counter they'll send someone to check out what you are doing. I'd suggest to go and buy a few S9 antminers and start mining and don't sell what you mined until next year.
hashnest

Activity: 400
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 07:19:30 AM

Do you want to try could mining instead of physical mining from machines? You don't need to worry about the maintenance and electricity power but only monitoring your account on our platform.
Contact me if you are interested in could mining.
www.hashnest.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: