Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Constellation Is Bigger Than Most Realize  (Read 614 times)
Slim2017 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:49:27 PM

When most people think of bitcoin, they look at the price and its billion dollar market capitalization. However, bitcoin’s ecosystem is bigger than most people can imagine with its constellation of significantly growing micro-economies.

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-bitcoin-constellation-is-bigger-than-most-realize/
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:12:50 PM

constellation..??

at first i thought why is the OP and the article using that word.
then i thought. what words have we used in the past..

hmm.. 'community' sounds more like a small neighbourhood, village or a cult. a small mens club.
hmm.. 'eco-system' sounds more about plant ecology buzzword rather than the economic system it suppose to be a buzzword for.
hmm.. 'arena' sounds like a entertainment/fightclub venue
hmm.. 'sanctum' but thats again a private boys club sounding buzzword

but i still think that constellation, just doesnt sound to be the right buzzword for describing bitcoins infrastructure and industry.

i personally prefer bitcoin industry when talking in the context of the article

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:29:39 PM

constellation..??

hmm.. 'community' sounds more like a small neighbourhood, village or a cult. a small mens club.
hmm.. 'eco-system' sounds more about plant ecology buzzword rather than the economic system it suppose to be a buzzword for.

but i still think that constellation, just doesnt sound to be the right buzzword for describing bitcoins infrastructure and industry.

Industry is definitely one of the best adjectives to describe the entire web or things related to Bitcoin, but for some people the word "network" would be satisfactory as well. It all depends on what it is that you're actually trying to describe. For a lot of people, they can be describing and extended community, some focus more on the economy, and so on. There are a lot of ways to describe it.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:09:48 AM

constellation..??

Industry is definitely one of the best adjectives to describe the entire web or things related to Bitcoin, but for some people the word "network" would be satisfactory as well. It all depends on what it is that you're actually trying to describe. For a lot of people, they can be describing and extended community, some focus more on the economy, and so on. There are a lot of ways to describe it.

Industry is a good term however it is limited to only one aspect of society so I suggest the term Bitcoin Economy. Bitcoin Economy does not only deals with the production and market of bitcoin like industry does but economy refers to all, financial system, business sector including its effect and impact on society as a whole. Its way more vast than the word industry.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:39:15 AM

Maybe it is bigger then most realize. But it (how ever you want to call it) is still not big enough and the price is to high for this small "constelation". How many people are there that really life of Bitcoin? And i am not talking about some poor guy making some money with a signature campaign, a trader and certainly not about an early investor living of of his early bought Bitcoins.

marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:48:10 AM

Maybe bigger, but most are for the blockchain technology. Bitcoin will not benefits a lot from the separated blockchain technology-induced technologies, which will be used in many domains other than the financial sectors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: