Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:54:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do forum readers WANT?  (Read 767 times)
nippleboner (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:28:06 PM

I've created a few forums and all have failed! I tried a gambling forum, I've tried a bitcoin forum, i even paid members to post, nothing seems to work to get members, I even used targeted advertising, I just can't seem to find ways to find and more importantly, KEEP LOYAL MEMBERS.

So my question is, why do you guys come to this forum?? The most obvious answer would probably be for information, but what else?

How can I get members to come to my forum? Have a platform where members can sell their signature?

I'm fascinated with crypto and gambling, those are my subject forums.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:48:47 PM

So my question is, why do you guys come to this forum?? The most obvious answer would probably be for information, but what else?

for learning more about bitcoin related stuffs and earn something from campaigns that run here (signature, twitter and other social media campaign)

How can I get members to come to my forum? Have a platform where members can sell their signature?

thats one of the idea but before that, you will need to have loyal visitors to your site so advertisers will come to your forum to pay for signature campaign members if ever or else you will just empty your pocket

its hard to make another crypto forum coz there are already too many out there and most of them don't have good traffic, i remember one always making giveaways but still didn't get good traffic

nippleboner (OP)

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:04:12 AM

It's hard, I've tried, now I'm trying to get organic traffic from search engines because I scored a big domain with 1 million searches a month, but still, no one wants to come to empty forums, so let's say I have a huge budget, how much do you suggest I pay for people to post and help me kick-start it? For example would 0.0001 BTC per post be enough for members to post?
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:22:25 AM

If you pay people to post, you are going to get a million accounts spamming posts until they hit the payout cap.

Its hard to grow actual users. You need to start with a small group that offers a reason to read the content.
Good advice from dedicated members about whatever topic you are promoting will need to be the basis.
If you had the money it would be better to pay some content creators for your site than to pay random people to make random posts.

Then you need to somehow attract new members through either advertising or cross-promotion on other forums.
Its definitely not an easy task.

Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:47:25 AM

It's hard, I've tried, now I'm trying to get organic traffic from search engines because I scored a big domain with 1 million searches a month, but still, no one wants to come to empty forums, so let's say I have a huge budget, how much do you suggest I pay for people to post and help me kick-start it? For example would 0.0001 BTC per post be enough for members to post?

10k satoshi per post on your forum is not really competitive, if you check the services section you would see payrate such as 50k satoshi and higher so paying less won't get people interested. maybe try to run some daily games where each post of users will give them 1 ticket for the draw with decent prize. that might be cool be its still upto you Smiley

Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:16:53 AM

A forum cannot just get good and loyal members if it is starting from a paying signature or posting campaign, that would just drag spammers towards your forum and that wont help you make a good forum at all, you should better find some good and expert people for your forum to manage it and pay them something so that they can help people with everything your forum is about and then you should start advertising your forum, if someone comes and asks something there they should get a satisfactory answer so that they can ask something else next time instead of moving somewhere else.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 07:23:19 AM

It's more about having a platform where there's actual people.
You're not really offering something different than what Bitcointalk has and you don't have nearly as many members.
psychosis7

Activity: 84

severe mental disorder

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:08:18 PM

I've created a few forums and all have failed! I tried a gambling forum, I've tried a bitcoin forum, i even paid members to post, nothing seems to work to get members, I even used targeted advertising, I just can't seem to find ways to find and more importantly, KEEP LOYAL MEMBERS.

I come here because this is where everyone comes to discuss bitcoin and altcoins. These guys were first I guess and thats why they are still around.

I think you need to find something new and build a forum for that. Anything that exists already probably has forums and other services in place and you will need to compete with established players. That's really hard no matter what your trying to do.

ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Forum readers want a couple of things:
1. Knowledgeable people.
    a. That can answer questions.
    b. A large well of knowledge to search through
2. A community.

Those things are hard to create from nothing. Any form of "bribery" to get people to start using the forum will not work to create those things that are wanted.

Especially when you are trying to create another forum for which forums already exist.

To have a successful forum it needs to be about a topic that many people are interested in and does not already exist.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:00:51 PM

it's a very interesting question. unless you're attached to an existing site then how do you get lightning to strike? it's self perpetuating cycle. more activity attracts more people. no one sticks around dead forums.

if it were me i wouldn't bother paying people. that'll never work. i'd probably fake users and write tons of posts until more real people started to arrive.
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:13:25 PM

By making a bitcoin forum, you will get members that are also members here
So the question is what you have to offer to people better than this forum. People are usually looking for informations, discussions, help, ect

Offer something than this forum does not have
nanay777

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 03:28:12 AM

By making a bitcoin forum, you will get members that are also members here
So the question is what you have to offer to people better than this forum. People are usually looking for informations, discussions, help, ect

Offer something than this forum does not have
For learning more about bitcoin related stuffs and earn something from campaigns that run here.
Innovation, this forum is not or more attractive than the forum.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:37:30 PM

Information and contribution. It's as simple as that.
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

You'll need to build it up over some time and consistently. Don't think the topics are the culprits.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:37:41 AM

For me i want reading a topic that is easy to understand That it doesn't use some deep english words as i am not that good in english. Straight to point is also important for me.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:02:48 AM

What I am usually search on forums are various type of information, like other people`s experience with some product... for example if i need to buy sell phone and I got interested in one model I would search forums for some reviews and other people experience of using that same model. Or, for example woman likes to discuss about cosmetics or cleaning products, so forums help them to choose what to buy without need to try lot of different stuff and spend lot of money until they find what is suit for them
I also use forums when I search for links to download something unusual, that cannot be easy to find elsewhere.

Sat1991

Activity: 73

..... Make a better world for cryptocurrency .....

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:18:25 AM

A forum reader want information  is to benefit to their life.that can help him as a person to grow.especially when it come to earning money in a descent manner.information that also can help others too.

..... Make a better world for cryptocurrency .....
estherqing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:25:20 AM

What do forum readers WANT ? As my opinion, I would like to read forum that can learn somethings, if not I will feeel like I'm wasting my time on reading it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: