Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Difficulty Predicitions  (Read 791 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:13:03 AM

I was wondering if there are mining difficulty predictions/mining difficulty calculators that could give information for mining for the net year.

Any help would be appreciated. The information I gain here will be used for me to consider whether hashnest S7 miners will be profitable for at least until I ROI from them on hashnest if I buy more now. I did a google search for information, but most of the calculators there are outdated and haven't been edited since the halving or just after.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:08:07 AM

I think that this is virtually un-knowable. I am sure it will be much higher. In twelve months I expect it will be at least 30% higher than it is today. A higher BTC price always ramps up the hashrate as people buy more gear, and "marginal" gear continues to be run.

Just my $.02 on the subject.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:25:28 AM

Any prediction on "future difficulty" is just a guess - there is no way to know much in advance when new hardware will appear, how much will be available, how much older hardware might go offline due to unprofitability vs how much come back ON line after a price spike/rise, etc.

With that said, IMO BitCoinWisdom is probably overall the best combination of a calculator (that you can configure most parameters on with YOUR guesses and YOUR costs) and a history of hashrate/difficulty and access to most of the major pool pricing information to BASE your guesses on.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:18:00 PM

Any prediction on "future difficulty" is just a guess - there is no way to know much in advance when new hardware will appear, how much will be available, how much older hardware might go offline due to unprofitability vs how much come back ON line after a price spike/rise, etc.

With that said, IMO BitCoinWisdom is probably overall the best combination of a calculator (that you can configure most parameters on with YOUR guesses and YOUR costs) and a history of hashrate/difficulty and access to most of the major pool pricing information to BASE your guesses on.

Thanks. I'll look at the bitcoin wisdom site and see how much of a rise in difficulty will make my investment worthwhile.

I think that this is virtually un-knowable. I am sure it will be much higher. In twelve months I expect it will be at least 30% higher than it is today. A higher BTC price always ramps up the hashrate as people buy more gear, and "marginal" gear continues to be run.

All predictions are guesses they're not often certain. I was hoping to find a high estimate/low estimate. Although, if you are close with the difficulty prediction. I'll ROI on my investment in time.
Qatuca

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

The difficulty is rising faster. It is predicted to rise more than 6% in the next 6 days. I think it will continue for a few more months at this speed.
Elsada

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:29:28 PM

When the price is rising highly, Many miners will join the party and Of course, The diff is naturally higher and higher.
The reward will be less but in return, the price is better.
miakama

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:17:49 PM

When the price is rising highly, Many miners will join the party and Of course, The diff is naturally higher and higher.
The reward will be less but in return, the price is better.

If the difficulty rise faster, and you use the bitcoin to buy the hash, you might not get back the original bitcoin.
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:05:19 AM

1.2 TRILLION?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: