Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ORO] OroCoin ■ Join TeamORO! ■ C-Cex | NOVA | Cryptopia | CoinExchange  (Read 29223 times)
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:38:49 AM

Because we are fans of ICOs ourselves, and had people requesting it when we were initially pitching our concept.

Where did that conversation happened? I didnt see any people requesting this ICO?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OroCoinCS (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 01:54:13 AM

Where did that conversation happened? I didnt see any people requesting this ICO?

Man, I'm really starting to like you. The dedication it must take to talk shit on this forum 15hrs per day is very admirable.

This may come as a shock to you, but there are communication platforms outside of this forum. This project was originally conceptualized by a group of us on IRC. We also communicate with various communities on Telegram, various slack groups, other forums, Reddit, and more!

Seriously though, I totally respect your opinion and I completely understand what we are up against and why you are taking the stance you are: A lot of people scam people here. I get it. I've been the victim of scams in the past. I had money on Gox. I've been around bitcoin since the single digit dollar days. I've invested in shitcoins and lost money. Though I've also invested in shitcoins and made lots of money. Altcoins don't have to automatically be a scam. It all boils down to the intention of the developers and marketing team. Which, of course, you have no way of knowing.

I still encourage you to stick around and see what we do. Hell, lend your feedback when you want to. We really don't mind. All I ask is that you give us a chance to prove our intent to you and the rest of the community. Like I've told you several times now, we are in this for the long haul.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ OROCOIN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"The new 'gold standard' of cryptocurrency."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Our TwitterOur WebsiteOur ANN Thread Our SlackTrade ORO on C-Cex ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:07:17 AM

Sorry.
Several years ago, I've heard ORO. Is this a re-launch or re-branded from OROBIT?
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:14:16 AM

Sorry.
Several years ago, I've heard ORO. Is this a re-launch or re-branded from OROBIT?

There is no relation to OROBIT. OROBIT was a short lived project and no one on the OroCoin team has any relation to it.

"Oro" is spanish for gold. Since our block reward is dictated by the price of gold, OroCoin was a nice name for this project  Smiley

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Our TwitterOur WebsiteOur ANN Thread Our SlackTrade ORO on C-Cex ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
jamyr

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:17:26 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1363152.0

Lutpin for escrow and Sig-campaign manager.

Or yahoo or Lauda, just don't pick someone unqualified, no offense but take it any way you want.

You know why I am concerned? Cause I'm beating my own ass to meet my required number of post to get paid, and all of a sudden you start a campaign that would pay f'in all that applied, wtf, it just reflects how incompetent you-know-who is. I applied for Filipino translation if you need my service.

-end of rant-

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:26:06 AM

Or yahoo or Lauda, just don't pick someone unqualified, no offense but take it any way you want.

You know why I am concerned? Cause I'm beating my own ass to meet my required number of post to get paid, and all of a sudden you start a campaign that would pay f'in all that applied, wtf, it just reflects how incompetent you-know-who is. I applied for Filipino translation if you need my service.

-end of rant-

Are you commending Lutpin for escrow for IPO or just for the sig campaign?

marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:26:10 AM

Man, I'm really starting to like you. The dedication it must take to talk shit on this forum 15hrs per day is very admirable.

This may come as a shock to you, but there are communication platforms outside of this forum. This project was originally conceptualized by a group of us on IRC. We also communicate with various communities on Telegram, various slack groups, other forums, Reddit, and more!

Seriously though, I totally respect your opinion and I completely understand what we are up against and why you are taking the stance you are: A lot of people scam people here. I get it. I've been the victim of scams in the past. I had money on Gox. I've been around bitcoin since the single digit dollar days. I've invested in shitcoins and lost money. Though I've also invested in shitcoins and made lots of money. Altcoins don't have to automatically be a scam. It all boils down to the intention of the developers and marketing team. Which, of course, you have no way of knowing.

I still encourage you to stick around and see what we do. Hell, lend your feedback when you want to. We really don't mind. All I ask is that you give us a chance to prove our intent to you and the rest of the community. Like I've told you several times now, we are in this for the long haul.

blah blah blah, if you are credible, why use a newbie account to start soliciting money?? Why not use a credible account and publish your name, linkedin or facebook so people know who you are and can trust you?

I am sure most people here like innovation and new ideas, but too many scams and cheats here by those anonymous newbies. Also what I found is that those who seriously doing the work of innovation, never eager to grab money through ICOs, look at byteball, it is a good example, we know the developer is credible, competent and respectable.

What do you have? why people will trust you as a newbie with everything hidden??
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:28:40 AM

blah blah blah, if you are credible, why use a newbie account to start soliciting money?? Why not use a credible account and publish your name, linkedin or facebook so people know who you are and can trust you?

I am sure most people here like innovation and new ideas, but too many scams and cheats here by those anonymous newbies. Also what I found is that those who seriously doing the work of innovation, never eager to grab money through ICOs, look at byteball, it is a good example, we know the developer is credible, competent and respectable.

What do you have? why people will trust you as a newbie with everything hidden??

Due to the political and legal landscape in our country, it is necessary for our team to stay anonymous. We realize this is a problem for some people and completely understand. We recommend those who have issue with it to just wait for exchange listing to get involved and buy OroCoin then if they want to. If you do not want to, you are free to just avoid involvement altogether. Everyone is free to make their own choices.

wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:28:53 AM

Sorry.

There is no relation to OROBIT. OROBIT was a short lived project and no one on the OroCoin team has any relation to it.

"Oro" is spanish for gold. Since our block reward is dictated by the price of gold, OroCoin was a nice name for this project  Smiley

Thanks for your confirm about it  Wink
Good jobs team!
marseille

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:35:27 AM

Due to the political and legal landscape in our country, it is necessary for our team to stay anonymous. We realize this is a problem for some people and completely understand. We recommend those who have issue with it to just wait for exchange listing to get involved and buy OroCoin then if they want to. If you do not want to, you are free to just avoid involvement altogether. Everyone is free to make their own choices.

I see this as a reason cited by many newbie launched coins. No sorry, every country has people who developed coins and have their names published (willingly), USA, China, Russia, everywhere. The fact you chose not to disclose is because it is a scam, and you just want to quickly grab some money and run away (like many others did BTW). With a newbie and no other info it is not trustworthy at all and most likely a scam!
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:42:34 AM

I see this as a reason cited by many newbie launched coins. No sorry, every country has people who developed coins and have their names published (willingly), USA, China, Russia, everywhere. The fact you chose not to disclose is because it is a scam, and you just want to quickly grab some money and run away (like many others did BTW). With a newbie and no other info it is not trustworthy at all and most likely a scam!

Anyone who believes those countries are completely fine, legally, with ICOs and launching coins simply isn't understanding the legal landscape in the respective countries and others. The fact of the matter is cryptocurrency ICOs are a very grey area and with recent events like the IRS in the US investigating Coinbase users 3 years after the fact, it's clear to anyone who takes the time to research that the regulatory landscape is still not friendly for crypto. Governments move very slowly. Don't assume that just because they haven't cracked down on certain ventures yet they never will. That's a very dangerous assumption.

That being said, we fully understand if you do not want to get involved, but we encourage you to stay tuned in to our progress and see what we have in store and the fact that we will not be disappearing with anyone's money. Our code base will be open source and our coin will be listed on several exchanges. We aren't going anywhere, and this will be a project open to the community.

OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:44:25 AM

Thanks for your confirm about it  Wink
Good jobs team!

Thanks for the support. We appreciate it greatly!

jamyr

<------

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:00:23 AM

-end of rant-

Are you commending Lutpin for escrow for IPO or just for the sig campaign?

Both, I commend Lutpin to do the safekeeping. BTW I would like to ask the same question, if you've been around since the good old days, why are you using a new account instead of your original one. And compared to you sir, as you claim you've been around longer than us, myself included. You mentioned talk-shitting, did you realize that what you've done by accepting every 4legged animal for a horse-race even though its obvious that some, if not most, are donkeys. You are trying to promote so talk-shits are part of it, you know this for sure. If you really are dedicated to make ORO successful not just for you but most, I say its not too late to fix this. Start now by asking Lutpin.

OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 03:01:37 AM

Both, I commend Lutpin to do the safekeeping. BTW I would like to ask the same question, if you've been around since the good old days, why are you using a new account instead of your original one. And compared to you sir, as you claim you've been around longer than us, myself included. You mentioned talk-shitting, did you realize that what you've done by accepting every 4legged animal for a horse-race even though its obvious that some, if not most, are donkeys. You are trying to promote so talk-shits are part of it, you know this for sure. If you really are dedicated to make ORO successful not just for you but most, I say its not too late to fix this. Start now by asking Lutpin.

The more people flying the sig, the better. We will be doing a much larger sig campaign soon.

OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 03:05:18 AM

Just an FYI to everyone, we have contacted Lutpin to inquire about escrow services.

Thanks to everyone who recommended him.

Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:13:58 AM

Newbie account
anonymous dev
unprofessional behavior/rude towards potential customers
ICO
no source
scrypt clone
pegging to gold price for no raisin

I'm all in, surely nothing will go wrong.  One bitcoin for 2000 of a random clonecoin...Sending you $1,000 now!!!!
OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 03:22:56 AM

Newbie account
anonymous dev
unprofessional behavior/rude towards potential customers
ICO
no source
scrypt clone
pegging to gold price for no raisin

I'm all in, surely nothing will go wrong.  One bitcoin for 2000 of a random clonecoin...Sending you $1,000 now!!!!

Ok, to be fair, we will be releasing our source code very soon.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pegging to gold price for no raisin" - What does any of this have to do with raisins? If you mean "reason", we have a very good reason, as has been explained several times now.

Also, I'm not sure how I was rude or displayed any unprofessional behavior. We have taken every suggestion very seriously, even those from people with an obvious agenda.

As I've said before, we do not want anyone to get involved who does not feel comfortable. We simply encourage those people to stay in touch, keep an eye on our project, and see what is coming Smiley

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:29:29 AM

Lol, you expect this coin (after it is settled) to fluctuate in price with gold? Even though MORE coins are released as the price of gold appreciated? Even though there will be an average rate of inflation north of 30% in the first year? Dang I can see no economists were recruited to forecast the future market cap for this coin...
jamyr

<------

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:29:43 AM

Good Jobs? This made my day!

Well Sir,
I am starting to like you too. The more people flying your signature the better? Rethink again, quantity over quality? Would you take 10000 doges over 1 bitcoin? Would you take 100 corollas over a royce?

And please answer the question regarding your choice of account to use. I'd rather believe a legendary account who claims to be a newbie than a newbie claiming to be legendary.

Nothing personal sir but not a 'good jobs'.

Contacting Lutpin was bell. I have to sleep now. cheers!

OroCoinCS (OP)

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 03:32:45 AM

Lol, you expect this coin (after it is settled) to fluctuate in price with gold? Even though MORE coins are released as the price of gold appreciated? Even though there will be an average rate of inflation north of 30% in the first year? Dang I can see no economists were recruited to forecast the future market cap for this coin...

I'm sorry, perhaps you did not read the "pegging" method or understand it.

The price of gold only dictates our block reward. Not the value of the block reward. In this sense, the price of gold becomes only a minor influence on price action, but a more substantial influence on the benefit of mining the coin. Ultimately, as with any other currency, the price will be more heavily influenced by trading and supply and demand. Still though, the block reward relation to the price of gold will provide some influence, but it's not a traditional price peg like some people seem to think.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: