Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:08:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Keyois Capsule first edition: Tamper-evident cold-storage crypto-piggybank  (Read 277 times)
aolley (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:46:47 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Jack, in the past I've gotten got my community college to host and let me teach a short course on Bitcoin. and now I've made This new concept of physical bitcoins for some of you.

The Keyois Capsule

Is a cryptocurrency piggy bank. You can put funds into it but you need to break it apart to spend the funds.
It's hard to break apart so it's tamper-resistant and tamper-evident. It won't burn, rot, rust, melt, or otherwise lose data where so many other types of cold storage would.

I was unsatisfied with current methods of cold storage and so I decided to make myself something better. Click here to see problems with common methods of cold storage and why you should want something better      

A backup seed or private key can be printed on paper or stored digitally but these mediums can be damaged by fire, time, water, and much more.

The Keyois Capsule is a tamper evident yet stylish way to keep a secret key safe from harm.

Benefits over a conventional paper cold storage wallet include:  
  • Titanium rings won't become unreadable with water or smoke damage
  • Rot proof (until we get alien fungus, probably from space)
  • Made of corrosion/rust resistant materials
  • Key pair is kept in water tight space
  • Shinny and all awesome looking
  • Can survive being boiled in custard and baked into a pie
  • Tamper evident, if someone sees your current paper wallet you might not know until you go to spend it

The Keyois Capsule    

Your BIP38 encrypted Secret Key (or otherwise encrypted backup seed) in engraved into a titanium ring.    
That is set inside another ring that bears the address.    
That is then put into a tamper evident and air-tight capsule with a elegant centerpiece of lab-created ruby or sapphire.  

The end pieces are made of aircraft grade aluminium (al 6061) and the 'glass' surrounding it is borosilicate (pyrex).

This product is designed mainly for those without access to multiple locations or land so that they cannot make split or multi-sig keys and they are forced to keep all their backups in one site.      

It would have cost about the same to make 1 as to make 50, so I made 50 which also means some of you can buy one if you like them.

There are cheaper ways to improve your own situation, including: stamping or engraving on a piece of steel and securing that from wandering eyes. Be creative and have fun!

Here are some more professional photographs by videographer WordsmithJr and here is a long imgur album about me making the capsules
Oh, and here is another short album about making a capsule (not the capsules)

To get the ball rolling I have made seven capsules available that are already ready-to-go that are available for sale without providing me with a encrypted key and address; I'll send you everything already generated and secured.

Everyone else, you must supply me with your address and BIP38 encrypted secret key or encrypted seed. If you don't understand this point then these are probably not for you.

Please re-read BIP38 and do some research on password strength and see this info about the pieces

Then message me with that information what what type of lab-created corundum you want.

19 red ruby stones remain

20 blue sapphire stones remain    

2 generated by me ready to be sold - both in red

32 capsules remain available in total.

To order
  • Choose either a ruby-red or sapphire-blue centerpiece.
  • Decide on if you want a pre-generated capsule (with decryption key made by me )or a capsule where you supply me with an address and an encrypted key or seed.
  • Message me with these details and your shipping address. Turn around time is 3-5 weeks.
  • Price is $100 USD paid in bitcoin to only 13kqk3uk2b577KBSjZuwKQT3MGD9mEaVJC

tl;dr: The Keyois Capsule is a fire/water/smoke/chemical/high-temperature/low-temperature/damage/sunlight/fluctuating high-strength magnetic field/age/time/view/ & tamper resistant piggy bank. A better method of cold storage it's cold hard storage.

I'm going to be doing some durability testing of the capsules and I'd like to share my results and even take suggestions (but I can't promise I can do them).

Water-tight Testing:  https://imgur.com/a/aY9F3

Impact Testing by hitting with Tractor bucket + Radiograph & negative https://imgur.com/a//CFaXe

Potato video of tractor crushing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qDdXQS1RMk  Headphone warning!

I have also posted this to the 'collectible' section but I think it's also a good now that I think about it (and because I didn't see there was a parent board in the first place), so please remove this mods if it doesn't belong.

*** I will give away one free capsule to anyone who correctly figures out where I got "Keyois" from, but I doubt anyone will get it. Still if you want to try just make a guess in the comments or message me.

See my cold hard storage device at: Keyois.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator