Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:49:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate this forum  (Read 5317 times)
Actualiteit

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:58:45 PM

Well, hiding sigs is not a good solution anymore I see. This PureVidz shit campaign is now at the end of each post, not in the actual sig. Kinda hoping all posts with the campaign will be deleted for off-topic content..
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:53:35 PM

OP I don't blame you.  I didn't come to this forum to earn money, I just ended up in a campaign after posting here for quite a while.   But people DO come here just for these campaigns and end up writing a bunch of bullshit.  And accounts get sold to these idiots, which encourages farming, and the farmers don't make constructive posts...so it's a huge shitfuck all around.

I agree with you.  But we need a solution, not to complain about it.  DT trust members tried to curb sales, but it doesn't work.  We need help from above (Theymos) to implement a policy change, which he will not do.   Undecided
Theymos indeed won't do anything, that's why we can only be supportive to those that fight spam and account sales by tagging accounts with a neutral comment on their trust pages.

It's pointless to continuously complain here in the meta section. Community needs to do it within their own capabilities, and that's exactly what's happening.

Props to Lauda and other SMAS managers for this great initiative. Also don't forget the efforts of Rizzlarolla for providing huge lists of farmed accounts. All this has resulted in a better overall forum experience.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Spoderman

Activity: 122

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:17:04 PM

This forum is perfect the way it is. I would not change a thing. If you don't like it then go to another forum where you're moderated and controlled like the bitches you are. Alternatively, you can grow a spine and shrug the trolls off. After all, they are just words.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 03:49:13 AM

OP I don't blame you.  I didn't come to this forum to earn money, I just ended up in a campaign after posting here for quite a while.   But people DO come here just for these campaigns and end up writing a bunch of bullshit.  And accounts get sold to these idiots, which encourages farming, and the farmers don't make constructive posts...so it's a huge shitfuck all around.
Can confirm that; most of the people I've tagged for posting useless garbage have stopped posting entirely once they were out of the signature campaign.
It isn't all bad (with the activeness of the forum and the bitcoin eco-system and what not), but the negatives do outweigh the positives in these cases, at least for me.
flora_digitalis

Activity: 477
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:05:19 PM

OP I don't blame you.  I didn't come to this forum to earn money, I just ended up in a campaign after posting here for quite a while.   But people DO come here just for these campaigns and end up writing a bunch of bullshit.  And accounts get sold to these idiots, which encourages farming, and the farmers don't make constructive posts...so it's a huge shitfuck all around.

I agree with you.  But we need a solution, not to complain about it.  DT trust members tried to curb sales, but it doesn't work.  We need help from above (Theymos) to implement a policy change, which he will not do.   Undecided

If my memory is correct I've read somewhere that this forum once had restrictions for new members - they could only post in a certain area. That might be a good thing to reconsider.

Apart from that, improving the quality of this board would be very easy if moderators would more frequently ban users that obviously engage in account farming or who only post unreadable garbage.

But I would not ban signature campaigns. I think if abuse is controlled, these are a good way to distribute small amounts of BTC to the crowd and thereby stimulate economic activity.

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
Yohji Yamamoto

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:15:41 PM

It's really not that bad. You can turn off signatures in your settings. And if there were no idiots, no one would have time to talk on the forum.

It's not the signatures themselves, it's the mindless drivel that is posted because of a post-count driven system. I'm aware of DannyHamilton's list and it's great, but god damn this forum has gone to shit.

You are so cynical, without bitcoin signature campaign, bitcoin can't be so huge like today, signature campaigns help bitcoin websites, bitcoin related companies and the forum itself, you are obviously a naive boy, thinking without brain.
The End Is Neigh

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:18:17 PM

It's still a good place to pop by and read every now and then but I do agree there's a lot of garbage to dig through. Luckily mining and tech support are beyond the grasp of signature spammers so when you have a technical questions they don't show up trying to explain in broken English why your transaction won't confirm.
Actualiteit

Activity: 218

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:21:30 AM

You are so cynical, without bitcoin signature campaign, bitcoin can't be so huge like today, signature campaigns help bitcoin websites, bitcoin related companies and the forum itself, you are obviously a naive boy, thinking without brain.

it's the mindless drivel that is posted because of a post-count driven system

Yohji You might want to read your post again, then read the second quote in my post Cheesy
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 11:57:33 AM

This forum is easy to manage, you confine yourself to two or three boards, and ignore most threads with over 100 replies (unless it's a good tech discussion ). That way you can leave all the sig whores to play in the brothels. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: