View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:42:00 PM

That is certainly shady...
SlickMcFavorite

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:42:48 PM

hrmmm, might be time to move to bitstamp...or back to Vircurex.

Anyone have any preference?
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:42:48 PM

Read the btc-e news:

00:34 12.04.13 from admin
Dear btc-e.com Members,

Do not use https://btcecom.freshdesk.com!!!

Starting from 11.04.2013, customer support will be provided only through the following: support@btc-e.com

This is due to the fact that the majority of messages are duplicated in personal messages, icq, Skype, mail thus decreasing the efficiency of answers to your messages.

Please do not repeat your messages. This will not speed up finding a solution for your problem.

On our part, we guarantee quick and high quality answers to your questions.

You will get your LTC don't worry
Acesbomb

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:49:24 PM

I have heard a few stories about BTC-E. Don't want to spread FUD though, who knows. I would guess thought they changed from using username and pw to email and pw because hackers were getting usernames from the troll box and brute forcing passwords?

jhd

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 08:52:58 PM

for moment no pbm with btce

Litecoin Lottery, Litecoin Roulette : http://www.coinpixel.com
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:27:19 PM

just reposting that here. dont know how (un)legit.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:45:47 PM

Read the btc-e news:

00:34 12.04.13 from admin
Dear btc-e.com Members,

Do not use https://btcecom.freshdesk.com!!!

Starting from 11.04.2013, customer support will be provided only through the following: support@btc-e.com

This is due to the fact that the majority of messages are duplicated in personal messages, icq, Skype, mail thus decreasing the efficiency of answers to your messages.

Please do not repeat your messages. This will not speed up finding a solution for your problem.

On our part, we guarantee quick and high quality answers to your questions.

Talk about ironic. I just posted about this freshdesk thing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.msg1804545#msg1804545

&

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.msg1808348#msg1808348

I would not use btc-e atm, if I were yous.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:57:45 PM

Update... no word at all from BTC. . but funds just headed over to my address... getting confirmations now.  Grin

I sent some LTC to Vircurex and BTC to Gox a few hours ago. [Edit: sent from BTC-E, in case that wasn't clear].

The LTC went like lightening (as LTC does). The BTC took a long time to show, but after a couple of hours it was there.

There are a lot of awful things happening to some people's money at BTC-E recently, but I haven't seen any good evidence that they are purposefully to blame.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:01:40 PM

if a certain way of doing support is closed or discontinued, there should be link and explanations on these places, pages and systems should not be left vacant.

As for LTC withdraw issues. Running all those kinds of shady alt-currency daemons really is a gamble, if only ONE binary distribution of an alt-coin daemon which they uncritically download and run in an environment along with the other daemons, then this daemon will probably have access to issue commands from the other deamons, that means nefarious code in ONE deamon may drain the accounts of the other daemons. If the shady daemon in question has full network access, then this is a trivial thing to do, and it's only a matter of time before someone released an alt-coin with these exact properties. The pay off will be in the millions.

I very much doubt btc-e.com has a very secure setup at this point, they appear to be low on man power, and security is something that must be really thoughtful laid out before it actually is secure. Each deamon should be run in its own environment, not having access to the same user space as the other daemons. Is this the case or not ?

Also, the deamon should be diffed in comparison to the original bitcoin source, to see if there's anything nefarious in there, and it should be compiled on the btc-e.com system. We don't know if this is the case, and in that case, a binary version downloaded may not be safe at all. Someone may insert code in a binary daemon, that's only triggered if run on a certain system, or if certain conditions are met.

It's convenient to download a binary and just run it, but it could be very dangerous. And when the attack happens, it could be fatal for the reputation to btc-e.com. The speed of which they add alt-coins makes me think their system is not very secure.

I have the impression it's only 1 or 2 guys trying to make money as quickly as possible, and if things goes south - oh sorry - bad luck for the users. Exercise caution, and consider all money on this exchange as lost.

If btc-e.com would elaborate on their process and how their systems are run, then we would get more peace of mind..
modcom

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:57:09 AM

I've been going through HELL the last 2 days. My account with BTC-E is not sending my verification/confirmation emails, so I cannot move funds out of BTC-E. I have sent them multiple emails, one of them was replied by support with one word, "done", I went and tested my account, no change. So I sent back an email asking WTF "done" meant. They told me to login to the Freshdesk site. After 16 Hours a tech was assigned who replied to me, "Do not disconnect, check your email". I replied back, WTF, disconnect what? Still my account won't send out the emails. Now the Freshdesk site is gone, so I sent another email to support and still I am locked out of transferring funds from my account.

So I went and tried to shut off the verification email feature, but guess what, it will only turn off after you reply to a verification email, which it won't send.

So all of my funds are locked in at BTC-E, support won't fix the problem, and I have a USD transfer sitting in limbo that should have been in my account 4 days ago

Herodes

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:23:59 AM

I've been going through HELL the last 2 days. My account with BTC-E is not sending my verification/confirmation emails, so I cannot move funds out of BTC-E. I have sent them multiple emails, one of them was replied by support with one word, "done", I went and tested my account, no change. So I sent back an email asking WTF "done" meant. They told me to login to the Freshdesk site. After 16 Hours a tech was assigned who replied to me, "Do not disconnect, check your email". I replied back, WTF, disconnect what? Still my account won't send out the emails. Now the Freshdesk site is gone, so I sent another email to support and still I am locked out of transferring funds from my account.

So I went and tried to shut off the verification email feature, but guess what, it will only turn off after you reply to a verification email, which it won't send.

So all of my funds are locked in at BTC-E, support won't fix the problem, and I have a USD transfer sitting in limbo that should have been in my account 4 days ago

This is really bad, and I have 100% empathy for your case. Some questions:

Did you verify the e-mail in the first place (you did receive e-mails in regards to this) ? (just to make sure that your e-mail was verified - then there should not be any lost e-mails later on.

Also - did you check your spam filter in your e-mail client on your computer or your online e-mail site if you use that ?

Sorry if these were stupid suggestions, but some people actually forget this. It might also be possible that e-mails from btc-e.com is blocked on some level coming to you, then you could perhaps open another e-mail address somewhere else, for instance hushmail.com - and ask btc-e.com to change your e-mail address.  I've heard they've done that with others before.

Also, what's up with one word responses on support, that is ridiculous. I mean, they're probably swamped as hell, but writing a couple of sentences would not take all that much time ?
modcom

Activity: 236

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:35:24 AM

This is really bad, and I have 100% empathy for your case. Some questions:

Did you verify the e-mail in the first place (you did receive e-mails in regards to this) ? (just to make sure that your e-mail was verified - then there should not be any lost e-mails later on.

Also - did you check your spam filter in your e-mail client on your computer or your online e-mail site if you use that ?

Sorry if these were stupid suggestions, but some people actually forget this. It might also be possible that e-mails from btc-e.com is blocked on some level coming to you, then you could perhaps open another e-mail address somewhere else, for instance hushmail.com - and ask btc-e.com to change your e-mail address.  I've heard they've done that with others before.

Also, what's up with one word responses on support, that is ridiculous. I mean, they're probably swamped as hell, but writing a couple of sentences would not take all that much time ?

Yes

Yes

I'm in the IT industry, so those are common questions I ask my clients. The verification system was working when I first initiated the feature, its only recently that I have been stymied at getting my funds.

I don't think they understand English all that well, at least that's what it feels like to me.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:44:38 AM

Yes

Yes

I'm in the IT industry, so those are common questions I ask my clients. The verification system was working when I first initiated the feature, its only recently that I have been stymied at getting my funds.

I don't think they understand English all that well, at least that's what it feels like to me.

That's nuts, man. So glad I pulled out.
Herodes

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:39:27 AM

Yes

Yes

That's nuts, man. So glad I pulled out.

Same here. I had too much there at one point recently - made me nervous.
nyusternie

Activity: 211

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:02:00 AM

Update... no word at all from BTC. . but funds just headed over to my address... getting confirmations now.

Still, I sent: 1054.76464
And am receiving: 1054.26 LTC

http://explorer.litecoin.net/address/LeE9LTWEBzkEDJwm9rd3b3MnWqw7TjWz2u

I know it's only like 0.5 LTC ..   at current price, $0.75... still, it's the principle !

btc-e charges 0.5 ltc for withdrawals. not sooo bad now, but kinda ridiculous when ltc were trading at $5 ($2.50 tx fee -- i thought btc/ltc was supposed to fix this). why they charge this in the first place, i have no idea

1SDoTrAWQnbJ2ZHvLs3a2XxazqNSishn1
GPG A1638B57 | OTC nyusternie
bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:26:57 PM

I still have not received my 200 BTC that was confirmed stolen by the 'hacker'...

I also have received 1 to 2 word responses for the most part with over 24 hours of no responses.

That is a lot of money to just ignore me... I want to believe that btc-e has good intentions to restore my money, but it seems like they don't care too much at this point.

If there is a language barrier that is fine, but google translate works very well.

I am hoping for the best, and will keep you guys updated on what happens.
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:36:08 PM

I just got a withdraw out, btc, saw it instantly on my client.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:41:14 PM

I have 1 LTC on BTC-e. Should I just let it sit there?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Herodes

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:39:23 PM

Maybe try sending them an email and also including a russian translation in the email aswell ?

When they are smart enough to make an exchange, they are smart enough to use google translate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: