Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:22:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The majority of users here..  (Read 800 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:46:26 PM

Let's call the train the bull-train or the bear-train. Whichever it is, it seems like the majority of people are going for the current trend. So polarizing. Let's look to the devs who works calmly on the software and their services while they register the price movements without emotions. Bitcoin has existed since 2009, and it ain't going away tomorrow.

Also it's worth mentioning that the current price is about twice the price of the bubbletop in 2011 (32), yet people are screming this is the end. In 2011 when the price was half of what it is now, people were screaming that we're going to the moon. It's all about context short term for these people.

Don't embarass yourself and be one of those emotional dumbasses that thinks something is going to the moon, or dying just because of some volatile price movements. Some people have invested more than they could afford to lose, and they've broken the golden rule of investing, and they're now suffering. If they'd been more rational about it and didn't invest more than they could afford to lose, and had some patience, who knows what they could've cashed out in a few months time or longer if they sat tight. If cashing out to fiat is their goal though. Since it's quite likely bitcoin will increase in price long term, perhaps it makes more sense in trying to increase the amount of bitcoins that you hold ? If we look at the purchasing power of bitcoins vs. the purchasing power of dollars over the last few years, the bitcoin is outperforming the dollar, even though speculative profit in the short run can be tempting for many to cash out in fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:58:14 PM

Some time ago I decided to not care anymore about exchange prices. I'm happy to have some bitcoins, regardless of their value in dollars or euros – one bitcoin is still one bitcoin.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:11:20 PM

A lot of people that have been around for a while are like large shareholders.  They don't really care about the price because it is not like they can cash out without crashing that price.  Most of them shaved off a small percent of bitcoins and sold enough in the bubble to fund their projects for a while.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:01:47 PM

Definitely. Bitcoins are here to stay and for the long run, however there is some big quick money potential...
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:11:25 PM

Isn't this a yearly thing?
I'd imagine the guys doing the raping now were the same burnt victims from 2011. And the cycle continues.

Btw, He seems to run faster through peripheral vision.

In Cryptography we trust.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:14:30 PM

Exactly and now really:

Who here that is in Bitcoin since over a year bought at >20$?

Even I stopped putting my monthly amount in it then.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: