Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:53:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wild speculation or the past repeating its self?  (Read 682 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:51:48 PM

ok so this may make sense or maybe not.

the last crash was due to mt gox attack and sr down for 2 weeks. it collapsed from 32 ath to around 2 usd. it took about a year for any kind of recovery and another few moths of super growth. so lets extrapolate from the past and see if we can make sense of the future. if the last all time high was 32 and after x amount of time it went to 266 (almost 8 times the last all time high) then the next all time high will be about eight times the last, so 32x8 is 1,862. now will it be a year and a half ish for this recovery? maybe but you would have to agree that there are a lot more people who know about bitcoins and a lot more people are in the game of bitcoins. so with at least ten times the amount of people, should we say that it would take ten times less time to recover? maybe not that much because there is not a perfect correlation there but I do think that there is a quicker recovery because of this. maybe by 1/4 Huh so by this theory we could say that it would take about 4 months for it to recover and be at the new and improved ATH

so to recap i think in 4 months we will see the price at 1,862 before the next slide.

this is just a theory but at least it has some foundation.

now start the ripping of me apart.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:54:32 PM

yay, I think you are fookin deluded but I back you because I is now long btc again so I'm joing the mindless ramping fuckers crowd. to the moon!!!

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:00:13 PM

No ripping you apart, hehe, but the crash after 32 actually just took 4-5 months to hit the $2 bottom and start climbing.
While I think the 1000+ in a couple months might be much if we simply are back onto the original exponential trend line, I do believe we will start climbing and continue upward was all this is behind us. Smiley
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:17:17 PM

No ripping you apart, hehe, but the crash after 32 actually just took 4-5 months to hit the $2 bottom and start climbing.
While I think the 1000+ in a couple months might be much if we simply are back onto the original exponential trend line, I do believe we will start climbing and continue upward was all this is behind us. Smiley

hummm so sell now and take my losses and go lick my wonds.....damn i just bought ten more at <100 stupid!!!?Huh?!?!?!?!?

Thanks though, I like your optimism in general. glad to see not every bull went to bear:)
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:32:10 PM

hummm so sell now and take my losses and go lick my wonds.....damn i just bought ten more at <100 stupid!!!?Huh?!?!?!?!?

Thanks though, I like your optimism in general. glad to see not every bull went to bear:)

I actually bought quite a bit at 100 also. 100 even seemed to be holding this morning after STRONG sell volume, and there was some strong buy volume happening right when Gox trading halted. I don't know the future but after the next couple days pass things may start to look up, and the correction could be over. OR it could be weeks, months, who knows. I'd still be a general bull though, but I go semi bear as things drop. I'm kinda bullbear... or neither I guess, just try to be reasonable. But I can't stand FUD, and overall I think there is a TON of money to be made whether 100ish is the bottom already, 60ish, or wherever. I was there during the 2011 crash and felt all the stress, but when $2 came along everything changed, hahaha. Bitcoin will live. But there will be an opportunity it make back any lost money.  Cheesy
Krabby

Activity: 644

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

I actually bought quite a bit at 100 also. 100 even seemed to be holding this morning after STRONG sell volume, and there was some strong buy volume happening right when Gox trading halted. I don't know the future but after the next couple days pass things may start to look up, and the correction could be over. OR it could be weeks, months, who knows. I'd still be a general bull though, but I go semi bear as things drop. I'm kinda bullbear... or neither I guess, just try to be reasonable. But I can't stand FUD, and overall I think there is a TON of money to be made whether 100ish is the bottom already, 60ish, or wherever. I was there during the 2011 crash and felt all the stress, but when $2 came along everything changed, hahaha. Bitcoin will live. But there will be an opportunity it make back any lost money.  Cheesy

What are you planning to do when the exchange opens, short?

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████