Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:39:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin price may not crash like 2013  (Read 17858 times)
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:51:19 AM

Well for starters anything who has price action can have it's footing known as a support. Through out the years Bitcoin will develop it. It is like a common ground in which the price will bounce back when it touches the invisible line. Also we can say that Bitcoin is still on its up trend we don't need to worry to another crash with Bitcoin. And with a price crashing we can take advantage of it by buying more Bitcoin on a cheap price.

But for a total newbie, it will take lots of courage to pay 1100 USD for just one bitcoin.

Luckily bitcoin is divisible up to 8 decimal places
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:55:08 AM

Well for starters anything who has price action can have it's footing known as a support. Through out the years Bitcoin will develop it. It is like a common ground in which the price will bounce back when it touches the invisible line. Also we can say that Bitcoin is still on its up trend we don't need to worry to another crash with Bitcoin. And with a price crashing we can take advantage of it by buying more Bitcoin on a cheap price.

But for a total newbie, it will take lots of courage to pay 1100 USD for just one bitcoin.

Luckily bitcoin is divisible up to 8 decimal places

You can pay $1.1 for 1mbtc.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:07:00 AM

Obviously it will not crash just around passing previous ATH - it will crash when it will reach 30 times previous ATH.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:15:18 AM

It doesn't stop people investing in the FTSE or Dow! I was buying Bitcoin at around $250, but above $500 I am happy to hold, but not buy more.
Buy the ATH isn't my thing, but then I miss the top of a lot of bubbles. I bought a Dax tracker a few years ago when it was at 5000, I sold at 6000, it has continued up to 11000 or so now!

I guess what I am saying is, people will keep buying, they might get burned, but they could also just be at the bottom of the curve and be big in profit in no time.
Roselop

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:17:26 AM

Several factors including China’s economic situation have made the Bitcoin surge different from what was the case in 2013 when the price first rose above the $1000 tag but later reversed. As a result, the rising price of Bitcoin today is not likely to suffer a similar fate. Going by its record up till 2016, Bitcoin has put several economic theories in doubt and come up with an established price that cuts across multiple exchanges. Below are some of the observed factors that made it happen:

http://news.8btc.com/why-bitcoin-price-may-not-crash-like-2013

Yes, your comment is very interesting. I agree with your ideas. it may not crash or fall deeply.
nowadays, many people have known bitcoin already and the utilities have been created by bitcoin.
so the increase of bitcoin price in this year is very different with the year of 2013.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:23:10 AM

Several factors including China’s economic situation have made the Bitcoin surge different from what was the case in 2013 when the price first rose above the $1000 tag but later reversed. As a result, the rising price of Bitcoin today is not likely to suffer a similar fate. Going by its record up till 2016, Bitcoin has put several economic theories in doubt and come up with an established price that cuts across multiple exchanges. Below are some of the observed factors that made it happen:

It took lot of time to secure it's position and crossed the 1000$ mark, i hope it will not crash like 2013 because there are many aspects that need to be consider in 2013 many don't have any idea about what is bitcoin and why the price is very high even now many countries like India, venuzula have banned their higher notes and planning for cashless transaction. It indicates many countries are enforcing their people to go with digitally currency,now the most valued digital currency is bitcoin.

Many big promotion are being made by bitcoin users like bitcoin is one biggest in coming years will accept world widely, and many technologies have implemented with these three years so ultimately bitcoin community is keep increasing. So this time i don't think there is down fall for bitcoin again because it took nearly 3 three years to secure it's mark above 1000$.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:25:01 AM

Oh Bitcoin will crash don't worry about that. The question is where and when will the exchanges pop setting of the next round of accumulation.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:40:58 AM

Oh Bitcoin will crash don't worry about that. The question is where and when will the exchanges pop setting of the next round of accumulation.
I think it will happen any time soon as the market simply can't continue to push the price further without the market taking some sort of a break.

That's why I once again took this opportunity to cash out some profits between $1050-$1060. I am happily waiting to see whether or not the correction will kick in any time soon.

If it happens, then I have my fiat ready to buy back more coins for the same amount of money. That will feel really good. If the price continues to go up, then it's fine as well as I have enough coins left.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:03:47 PM

all rapid grows in a market must have rapid lowering of price, action = reaction
but i agree, this time it is more value gains than speculation, it will be lowered but no to 500$ range or 700$ range but maybe to 800$ only Smiley

We've seen steady and healthy growth in 2016 with lots of entry points for people to buy in or accumulate more.
2013 was completely different.A crazy run in 4 weeks which obviously was not sustainable and probably manipulated by one big exchange which had more than 60% of the whole trading volume at that time.
So much has changed during the last 3 years.Over 150 exchanges worldwide!Much more businesses accepting Bitcoin!A U.S. President where a part of his board advisors is PRO Bitcoin!
Fiat currencies devaluing in a rapid phase in certain countries! NIRP/ZIRP!
The big money is having an eye on Bitcoin! Think about guys like Bill Gross! Probably/hopefully an ETF getting approved soon!

Yes we will see some correction!This is good, this is healthy! But as long as we don't see a major issue like a hack, theft or whatever I doubt we will see a crash like 2013!
Let's hope for the best and cross your fingers!
Latwindar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:22:37 PM

all rapid grows in a market must have rapid lowering of price, action = reaction
but i agree, this time it is more value gains than speculation, it will be lowered but no to 500$ range or 700$ range but maybe to 800$ only Smiley

We've seen steady and healthy growth in 2016 with lots of entry points for people to buy in or accumulate more.
2013 was completely different.A crazy run in 4 weeks which obviously was not sustainable and probably manipulated by one big exchange which had more than 60% of the whole trading volume at that time.
So much has changed during the last 3 years.Over 150 exchanges worldwide!Much more businesses accepting Bitcoin!A U.S. President where a part of his board advisors is PRO Bitcoin!
Fiat currencies devaluing in a rapid phase in certain countries! NIRP/ZIRP!
The big money is having an eye on Bitcoin! Think about guys like Bill Gross! Probably/hopefully an ETF getting approved soon!

Yes we will see some correction!This is good, this is healthy! But as long as we don't see a major issue like a hack, theft or whatever I doubt we will see a crash like 2013!
Let's hope for the best and cross your fingers!

That is right. There is no price bubble in 2016. I hope there is no bubble this year as well.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:27:59 PM

There may be minor pull backs, but is Bitcoin going to lose 50% of its value in a matter of weeks.
That is what I would define as a crash in Bitcoin terms.
GMPoison

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:30:39 PM

There may be minor pull backs, but is Bitcoin going to lose 50% of its value in a matter of weeks.
That is what I would define as a crash in Bitcoin terms.

Yeah, when speaking of a rise in price followed by a crash, we must not forget about December of 2013, lol.
oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:41:26 PM

I don't think it will crash for the following reasons:
- institutional investor interest is really picking up steam now
- much broader user base
- BTC markets are much more liquid than in January 2014.  Professional, KYC/AML compliant exchanges and retail customer-friendly on-ramps such as Coinbase.
- global "war on cash" is really a war on individual liberty.  BTC solves a problem that gold can't (how can one get value out of an authoritarian country?).
- I agree with Brian Armstrong that BTC will become the digital "reserve currency"

Pumpkinetic

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:31:13 AM

The last time we saw these prices, it was artificially pushed by the Willy bot and not human intervention. This time, no bot seems to be pushing the price, so it might just last a little longer than before. We might also just see some higher prices, if this trend continues.

Uncertain economic times will always push people to invest in safe havens and Bitcoin as a commodity has proven itself as a commodity that can retain value in uncertain economic times. ^smile^

Dont kid urself. Its all bots. Do you think china really trades over 30 million btc a day? Thats laughable.

the huge volume any of the exchanges report has some percentage of fake report in it without an exception and that is mostly for publicity and competing with each other in ranking. and also i have to add that those Chinese exchanges that you are looking at have 0 trading fee and that makes any trade with even smallest change easily doable hence increasing the trading volume 10 times more.
but it has not much to do with the price rise of bitcoin.

Yeah but its a big scammy lie. All the owners selling and buyng into themselves making huge orders when the books are thin. Its so easy to spot too just by looking at the recent trades and the order books.
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 04:25:09 AM

Shorts whale have to liquidate on OKCoin.

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:42:09 PM

@OP, you need to change your title to:

Why bitcoin will crash like 2013

LOL

Looks like a crash is happening! I'm just surprised how many of these long-time forum members ARE so wrong to say crashes will never happen now. Who wants to buy $1000 bitcoins? Most people in the world can't even afford to buy toilet papers, let alone expensive virtual coins for thousand dollars a piece.

rogerwilco

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:01:27 PM

So on 1/5/17 it falls 22% (currently down 16% from high today).

From 7/30/16 to 8/1/16 it fell 29%.
From 6/19/16 to 6/22/16 it fell 29%.
On 1/14/16 it fell 17%.
From 11/9/15 to 11/10/15 it fell 23%.

All of these stats cherry pick the highest to lowest points on the worst days in the last 15 months.
All of these falls quickly recovered (i.e. very few trades actually took place at the low points).
All of these falls occurred after sharp rises, and the new equilibrium points settled higher than the old equilibrium points before the rise.

Before you start comparing to 2013/14, you first have to argue why this is anything different from the other setbacks during the current bull run that started in October 2015.
GMPoison

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:42:58 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 10:07:18 PM by GMPoison

@OP, you need to change your title to:

Why bitcoin will crash like 2013

LOL

Looks like a crash is happening! I'm just surprised how many of these long-time forum members ARE so wrong to say crashes will never happen now. Who wants to buy $1000 bitcoins? Most people in the world can't even afford to buy toilet papers, let alone expensive virtual coins for thousand dollars a piece.

Be glad we didn't get up to $2000. Had it crashed there who knows where it would have stopped. Definitely not going to crash like 2013 though.
FrannWilder

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:05:53 PM

Its more stable than ever before so maybe it can hold the prices more, it crashed today a bit but I expect a rising soon.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 10:23:44 PM

Its more stable than ever before so maybe it can hold the prices more, it crashed today a bit but I expect a rising soon.

I agree.  I look at the history of bitcoin and saw that the ATH was last Dec. 2014, then soon after the price crashed until it below $200. The situation of Bitcoin is different from 2014.  We can see more people who are participating in Bitcoin economy.  Aside from that, there are many company that supports bitcoin than those early years.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███