Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet Claims - Who can access? / Who gets 404 error?  (Read 3619 times)
pyedpyper (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:35:05 PM

Please post here so we can see stats:

Me: 404 error on all 5 wallets.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:00:16 PM

I personnally tested my urls on the claim form and it worked.
If you are getting a 404 error it could be that your url is made up.
All instawallet urls that have received transactions are in the database.

Keimoasd

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:01:32 PM

One wallet, one 404  Cry
Keimoasd

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:04:22 PM

My URL is not made up and I can't acces to the claim process.  Angry
Keimoasd

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:08:20 PM

My URL is not made up and I can't acces to the claim process.  Angry

Okay I got it now. You can't use your bookmarks. You need to go to the instawallet.org and paste /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the url.
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:10:31 PM

Boussac (Pierre) you come back after ignoring questions and the first thing you say to a guy who has lost a shedload if coins is that maybe his URL is made up.

Way to go mate. Good job.

pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:12:03 PM

I have 5 wallets, 2 with coins, 3 empty. They are definitely not made up.

I have them in my bookmarks and in a Word document.

I have tried to access using the bookmarks, and cut and paste from the Word document. Many times with no success. Over the period of over an hour.

steelboy

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:12:45 PM

I will wait until I get a chance to check mine.

Did you find the crime report number or I you still planning on withholding this important information?
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

Boussac (Pierre) you come back after ignoring questions and the first thing you say to a guy who has lost a shedload if coins is that maybe his URL is made up.

I am not ignoring questions steelboy I am ignoring people who threaten or insult me here or via PM (they are going on my ignore list).

There were three millions wallets created on instawallet.org: how could I possibly answer to everyone ?
The reason we set up an online claim process is precisely because we cannot deal with each and every user by email, post or PM.
Had I started using other means than an online form, I would have been swamped.

I will nonetheless make sure their claims are processed fairly if they come up with a valid url.

pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:23:47 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 11:31:00 PM by pyedpyper

I have 5 wallets, 2 with coins, 3 empty. They are definitely not made up.

I have them in my bookmarks and in a Word document.

I have tried to access using the bookmarks, and cut and paste from the Word document. Many times with no success. Over the period of over an hour.

Furthermore I have the blockchain addresses for the wallets with coins in them, the precise balances of both wallets and the entire trail from those wallets to your Cold Storage wallet. The one wallet was accessed a couple of hours before Instawallet went down and the balance was there. The other was sent to just before Instawallet went down and the funds were confirmed there on the blockchain.

I've been writing posts addressing you directly for a week and sent multiple PM's to you with many questions, all of which you have ignored. And your response to me now is to suggest I have made up the URL's!?

How dare you?

pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:28:02 PM

I am not ignoring questions steelboy I am ignoring people who threaten or insult me here or via PM (they are going on my ignore list).

There were three millions wallets created on instawallet.org: how could I possibly answer to everyone ?
The reason we set up an online claim process is precisely because we cannot deal with each and every user.

I will nonetheless make sure their claims are processed fairly if they come up with a valid url.

You are ignoring questions. You have repeatedly ignored the many requests from many different forum members to provide a police report file reference. That is a fact.

I have been writing to you most respectfully all week, and you have ignored all of it. And the only time you take time to respond is to tell me my wallet URL's are made up. Can you not see how that might piss somebody off?

For the record I will say it again: The SINGULAR reason I will be taking the time to file a police report tomorrow is because you refuse to confirm with us that you have.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:28:07 PM

That's a very immature way to deal with troubbles, so if somebody insults you or make you feel 'bad', then you ignore them. Wow - what a cavalier attitude. May I suggest that you develop a thicker skin ? Not everyone is polite by nature, and having lost coins and it being dwindled up in a non-transparent process at instawallet doesn't make people feel better.

People on the internet will throw accusations and insults your way, unfounded or not - you shouldn't take that personal. Quite the contrary, you should listen to them, ignore their insults, and answer calmly and rationally. Often these people are angry for a reason, but if you treat them like an intelligent and civil businessman does, ie. answering professionaly and ignoring their lack of manners, then you're the bigger man.

Ignoring people who shout at you is a really bad solution, they're still customers even if they don't have the best manners.

This being said, I'm probably ignored by Boussac by now, so somebody, please quote my message, so he will see it!  Grin
speakeasy1982

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:29:55 PM

So after going to instawallet.org and then copying and pasting my URL from /w/ on it worked. Weird how you can access some from a bookmark and others you cant. IDK.

Anyways after I went to my main one that had coins in it before the whole mess, it says the balance is zero.
Checking the blockchain for the address confirms all the money goes to cold storage.

Wondering if this is just an error as the site states "The wallet balance may not include the latest transactions. We will update them before we process the claims."

Either way cant fill out a claim or anything. Wondering what to do now.
steelboy

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:31:13 PM

The reason we set up an online claim process is precisely because we cannot deal with each and every user.

Ok. Fair enough.

I have not once been rude, offensive or threatening.

I have asked politely for information about my own accounts and you have told me to wait for the claims process.

I will be entering my urls tomorrow morning and I pray that they will be there without any problems.

In the meantime, Boussac, please can you reveal the crime report number of the case you have filed with the police judiciare. This should not be a problem and by not answering you are coming off as suspicious.

Please calm my fears and give us this info. M

Thanks

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:37:26 PM

I, for one, have not sent you any PMs, and hopefully haven't insulted you when I kindly suggested wanting to suck the dicks of you and your partners--it was meant as a complement.

I was the first to start pressing for the police report number of which others have kindly followed suit requesting same. Is it quite possible that everybody who has requested it is on your ignore list, for I see that you've failed, once again, to give it after claiming you filed such a report? Surely, you didn't lie, for you've proven that you're a trustworthy chap.

Since I'm probably on your ignore list, thus you won't read this, I will resort to a threat: Provide the police report number or I will dox you and all your partners, along with your families, probably on a self-hosted site oppose to here on this forum. Full disclosure: I am not making a physical threat of any kind.

Now, about that police report.
brickhouse464

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:41:00 PM

The reason we set up an online claim process is precisely because we cannot deal with each and every user by email, post or PM.

Thank you Boussac.
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Try one of my empty wallet, doesn't work,
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:44:47 PM

So after going to instawallet.org and then copying and pasting my URL from /w/ on it worked. Weird how you can access some from a bookmark and others you cant. IDK.

Anyways after I went to my main one that had coins in it before the whole mess, it says the balance is zero.
Checking the blockchain for the address confirms all the money goes to cold storage.

Wondering if this is just an error as the site states "The wallet balance may not include the latest transactions. We will update them before we process the claims."

Either way cant fill out a claim or anything. Wondering what to do now.

Alert:

Date Registered:    April 01, 2013, 09:23:03 PM

Possible schill. Confirmations from some reputable members that the reclaim process indeed works ?
brickhouse464

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:45:14 PM

Okay I got it now. You can't use your bookmarks. You need to go to the instawallet.org and paste /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the url.
[/quote]

pyedpyper have you tried it this way?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:45:49 PM

Thank you Boussac.

Wait, what! Whatta I miss? I had my pants down below my knees and thought I was first in line. What's your queue number? I'll assume it was good, otherwise you wouldn't have thanked him. (please take no offense, brickhouse464)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: