Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:04:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The capacity of the usb should be ..
8GB (£12.99)
16GB (£17.99)
32GB (£26.99)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin USB Wallet in the shape of a Credit Card ( 10 year warranty)  (Read 2848 times)
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:46:25 AM

I Would be Interessed , shipping to Germany possible ?

Shipping to Germany shouldn't be a problem.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:29:07 PM

I Would be Interessed , shipping to Germany possible ?

Shipping to Germany shouldn't be a problem.
Count me in.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
bitsource

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:19:03 PM

Continued interest. Make sure you let us all know when it's launched and we can order - why not 32GB. 8GB seems a bit small these days??

32DgAoQRMAkqbaYhShLWQnFt4LWJhWe3Ba
NightAss

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:17:01 PM

I have not read any think but the main post

I would recomend if you wanted this to take off you should make it a raid 1 usb stick

eg any data that gos on the stick is backed up to the card it self after you push the usb stick part back in to the card so if or when the usb stick dies you have a back up of it from the last time you cloced it

it wont help you if u lose the card but may save you from bad usb ports that kill the usb stick or maybe from watter dmg

any way good idea but make it back it up so the size of the credit card is not just wasted space
alberthendriks

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:08:56 PM

Teka is it possible to have custom graphics? Like:

A. No
B. Yes, full custom graphics per card.
C. Yes, custom graphics mixed with obligatory graphics (company advertising) per card.
D. Yes, like B but only if you order many cards where each is thus still unique.
E. Yes, like C but only if you order many cards where each is thus still unique.
F. Yes, like B if you order a batch of those same card.
G. Yes, like C if you order a batch of those same card.
H. Yes, some of the above are possible, where the prices are .....
I(?). Other: .....

Shipping will be to the Netherlands.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:58:33 AM

Teka is it possible to have custom graphics? Like:

A. No
B. Yes, full custom graphics per card.
C. Yes, custom graphics mixed with obligatory graphics (company advertising) per card.
D. Yes, like B but only if you order many cards where each is thus still unique.
E. Yes, like C but only if you order many cards where each is thus still unique.
F. Yes, like B if you order a batch of those same card.
G. Yes, like C if you order a batch of those same card.
H. Yes, some of the above are possible, where the prices are .....
I(?). Other: .....

Shipping will be to the Netherlands.
I would love to offer full custom graphics per card but sadly the answer is f. Shipping is available to most of the EU, Canada and USA.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:57:27 PM

Continued interest. Make sure you let us all know when it's launched and we can order - why not 32GB. 8GB seems a bit small these days??

I will run a poll and if the majority decides that 32GB is the way to go I will change it to 32GB otherwise I think 8GB is the sweet spot between price and size.
zakoliverz

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:22:08 PM

USB wallet?  Meaning it is a USB memory stick shaped like a credit card, or is there something else to this?

It's just a simple usb memory stick made out of alloy that shaped like a credit card. The idea is that you can carry it in your wallet and have you bitcoins with you on the go.

so how does one create usb memory stick and running on what os ?
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:32:43 PM

USB wallet?  Meaning it is a USB memory stick shaped like a credit card, or is there something else to this?

It's just a simple usb memory stick made out of alloy that shaped like a credit card. The idea is that you can carry it in your wallet and have you bitcoins with you on the go.

so how does one create usb memory stick and running on what os ?

Its basically like backing up your wallet.DAT file.The instructions are available here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_secure_offline_savings_wallet and will come with every USB in a text format.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:46:42 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 10:37:46 PM by Teka

I forgot to mention that drive use A grade NAND components from Hynix, Toshiba or Samsung and a made from 100% recycled aluminium .The drive also comes with 10 years of warranty as standard.
hak8or

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:13:24 PM

This seems absolutely awesome, but will there be any way to buy just the USB component itself instead of the USB component and the card together?

Will the minimum order of 25 units for you result in only one logo?
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:00:02 PM

This seems absolutely awesome, but will there be any way to buy just the USB component itself instead of the USB component and the card together?

Will the minimum order of 25 units for you result in only one logo?

I'm not sure what you mean by the "USB component".The minimum order of 25 units is a small problem because as you've said it means that there will only be one logo but if the project gets popular we might be able to negotiate the 25 order minimum.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:53:32 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 08:45:42 PM by Teka

The project will be available for pre-orders here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=51.0 within the next 48 hours.Paypal and Bitcoin will be accepted.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:18:42 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if the community would be interested in purchasing a usb wallet that has a bitcoin logo either engraved or printed. The usb wallet would be shaped like a credit card. I would need at least 25 people interested because of the minimum order requirement that the manufacture gave me. I'm still waiting for the full quote from the manufacture so I can announce the prices here.

Here is the description and a picture that I received from the manufacture to give you an idea of what the card might look like:

"Alloy USB Card pushes the boundaries of slim design even further. It’s just 2.60mm thick but can be packed with up to 32GB of solid state memory. The stunning metallic finish presents a crisp and professional image and, of course, the Alloy USB Card can be screen printed in colour or engraved if you prefer. With such an elegant modern design, the Alloy USB Card makes for the perfect corporate gift."

The manufacturer is based in the UK so shipping prices to the US might be a issue.

Thanks,

Teka

UPDATE I: PRICING AND SHIPPING

The 8GB version will cost £12.99 or around BTC0.22
UK Customers will get the item shipped by Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class for free!
USA,Canada Customers and EU will get the item shipped by Royal Mail Airsure and will have to pay around BTC0.14.
All of the postal services stated above will require a signature upon deliver and are insured.

UPDATE II: ENGRAVED VS SCREEN PRINTED

It seems like the community has decided that the logo should be engraved.

UPDATE III: Warranty, Material and Nand Manufacture  

The drives are made using A grade NAND components from Hynix, Toshiba or Samsung and are made out of 100% recycled aluminium.The manafacture offers a 10 year warranty as standard.

How are you sure it will last 10 years though?
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:27:57 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if the community would be interested in purchasing a usb wallet that has a bitcoin logo either engraved or printed. The usb wallet would be shaped like a credit card. I would need at least 25 people interested because of the minimum order requirement that the manufacture gave me. I'm still waiting for the full quote from the manufacture so I can announce the prices here.

Here is the description and a picture that I received from the manufacture to give you an idea of what the card might look like:

"Alloy USB Card pushes the boundaries of slim design even further. It’s just 2.60mm thick but can be packed with up to 32GB of solid state memory. The stunning metallic finish presents a crisp and professional image and, of course, the Alloy USB Card can be screen printed in colour or engraved if you prefer. With such an elegant modern design, the Alloy USB Card makes for the perfect corporate gift."

The manufacturer is based in the UK so shipping prices to the US might be a issue.

Thanks,

Teka

UPDATE I: PRICING AND SHIPPING

The 8GB version will cost £12.99 or around BTC0.22
UK Customers will get the item shipped by Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class for free!
USA,Canada Customers and EU will get the item shipped by Royal Mail Airsure and will have to pay around BTC0.14.
All of the postal services stated above will require a signature upon deliver and are insured.

UPDATE II: ENGRAVED VS SCREEN PRINTED

It seems like the community has decided that the logo should be engraved.

UPDATE III: Warranty, Material and Nand Manufacture  

The drives are made using A grade NAND components from Hynix, Toshiba or Samsung and are made out of 100% recycled aluminium(where applicable).The manufacture offers a 10 year warranty as standard.

How are you sure it will last 10 years though?

As stated the manufacture uses very high grade components and all of the products are made out high grade 100% recycled aluminium(where applicable).If something does go wrong the product will be repaired or exchanged by the manufacturer.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:31:01 PM

This card is now available for pre-orders here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179727.0
omgitsmehehe

Activity: 580
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:18:26 PM

I'm in Ecuador right now.  Think you can ship it DHL?

I can certainly ship it via DHL to Ecuador but they are asking £46 and in case you're wondering UPS is asking £67.

I'm thinking at that price just get an envelope and mail it like a regular letter.  Probably be less than 1GBP

I wished, sadly the royal mail average is around £8 for overseas delivery and it seems like they are asking £7.78 for delivery to Ecuador.

Not true. I imagine this would weight approx 15-20g? http://www.royalmail.com/personal/international-delivery/airmail

Hit stamps then online postage. Ecuador is £1.28 per 20g letter

Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:22:07 PM

I'm in Ecuador right now.  Think you can ship it DHL?

I can certainly ship it via DHL to Ecuador but they are asking £46 and in case you're wondering UPS is asking £67.

I'm thinking at that price just get an envelope and mail it like a regular letter.  Probably be less than 1GBP

I wished, sadly the royal mail average is around £8 for overseas delivery and it seems like they are asking £7.78 for delivery to Ecuador.

Not true. I imagine this would weight approx 15-20g? http://www.royalmail.com/personal/international-delivery/airmail

Hit stamps then online postage. Ecuador is £1.28 per 20g letter

The cards weigh 30g with all of the conformation they are shipped International Signed For with up to £50 compensation.I'm not losing my rep on this forum over a £17 usb stick.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: