Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:08:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This pump is not sustainable.  (Read 3694 times)
WillMitchell (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:24:51 PM

It cant continue like this, mostly because I need to buy back in lower then I sold $1000 and also because its charts is just going straight up. This is insane.

2017Bubble

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:26:04 PM

You must be new..
WillMitchell (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:31:18 PM

You must be new..

Not new enough to not see whats going on. The crash is coming and its coming very soon.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:32:00 PM

no pump is sustainable. at the same time no pump and subsequent fall is predictable either. why did you sell at such a huge psychological barrier? it's obvious it was gonna continue if it breached it.
WillMitchell (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:36:18 PM

no pump is sustainable. at the same time no pump and subsequent fall is predictable either. why did you sell at such a huge psychological barrier? it's obvious it was gonna continue if it breached it.

No it was not. I figured it may hit 1030-1020 and crash back to 750 where it took of to redistribute. Makes sense, does it not?

MiladMax

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:36:40 PM

You made a huge mistake by selling at $1000 lol
2017Bubble

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:38:34 PM

What kind of moron shorts this?

You failed at life.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

No it was not. I figured it may hit 1030-1020 and crash back to 750 where it took of to redistribute. Makes sense, does it not?

well, not really. this was something that's been in the works for over 3 years. it's fairly natural that there'd be some irrational exuberance once it was taken care of. it's been a long, slow burn too until very recently.
ZoSo15

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:39:35 PM

Ok, and what was the risk/reward on that trade? What was your plan if it kept going up like it's doing?

Why did you try to fight the trend?
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:41:49 PM

It cant continue like this, mostly because I need to buy back in lower then I sold $1000 and also because its charts is just going straight up. This is insane.
Not only you, there are many panic sellers like you who have sold at $1000 and now regretting it. They just want a dump or correction to buy back but i doubt price will go below $1000 anytime soon. You may have to wait for few more months or even years to buy back below the price at which you have sold.

I am holding tight and riding this bull run  Grin Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
WillMitchell (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:46:42 PM

Ok, and what was the risk/reward on that trade? What was your plan if it kept going up like it's doing?

Why did you try to fight the trend?

Im still holding about 25% of what i had in total, so it was more like, take profit and lock it in to pay the bills and let the rest ride. If it went back down I would have bought back maybe 30% of what I sold.

WillMitchell (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:47:16 PM

Im starting to think you guys may be right and selling out may have been a big mistake but im still hoping to see 700 -800 again.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:48:15 PM

there's a good chance you'll be fine. kind of a shame to miss out on participating in all the fun though.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:58:51 PM

Im starting to think you guys may be right and selling out may have been a big mistake but im still hoping to see 700 -800 again.
There is nothing wrong with sellig some coins to secure profits, but you have to make sure you never sell all your coins at once as you then miss out in case the price goes up further.

I have no doubt about getting back to $800s, but it might take a while before we see that become reality as current pump/rally has too much power to be pushed back that far.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 06:04:13 PM

Pump LOL, good one  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:05:22 PM

shouldn't have been a pussy and sold, sorry for your loss

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:07:47 PM

Bitcoin is at 1120$, wow! I am holding a couple of bitcoin and in half a year the value has doubled. I don't know if bitcoin will dump or pump more. I am clueless. Opinions please?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:10:15 PM

I don't really think of myself as a trader, but if I've learned anything with my occasional buying and selling of altcoins it is this: Always sell on the BACKSIDE of a spike.

You will miss the high point, but guess what? So does practically everyone else anyway. And at least you don't sell out too early and kick yourself all through the subsequent rise.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:12:38 PM

Long time holders are so weak, specially bitcoin holders... im sure a lot of people sold at $1000. "Oh wow, one thousand bitcoin!, this will surely dip". It's 1138 right now, that's 1138 of shorting losses, a lot of money lost for those that decided not to believe in bitcoin's strenght when rising.

And as you pointed out, it's simply impossible to predict when this ride will take a break. Sure, all pumps end up correcting, the question is, you can't know if it will be in $1000, the ATH, or $10000.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:14:18 PM

Long time holders are so weak, specially bitcoin holders... im sure a lot of people sold at $1000. "Oh wow, one thousand bitcoin!, this will surely dip".

i dunno. if you'd been here since 2013 then you've probably hardened yourself and learnt an awful lot more. i can see those who bought in the 200-400s in the last year or two taking some profit but maybe not the real long termers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: