Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 10:58:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase choking  (Read 357 times)
vb6rules (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:52:16 PM

...taking minutes to log in to the website, and then when i try to trade, it errors out and i have to log in again. I've been in this loop for at least an hour.

Is the app any better?
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:54:26 PM

Coinbase isn't responding for me. Other exchanges are working fine. I assume it's some minor internal problem.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:00:54 PM

Coinbase isn't responding for me. Other exchanges are working fine. I assume it's some minor internal problem.

Here comes the we were hacked story.
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:08:41 PM

Seems up now.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6748

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 08:13:39 PM

There is probably a lot of people logging in and visiting the site now since the price is going up so high. This increase in traffic is probably just more than they expected and too much for their servers to handle so it is slowing down.

Although this is probably nothing malicious, you should still get your Bitcoin out of there ASAP so that you will still have access to it if the site actually does go down.

c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:24:48 PM

Well this stinks. I can't make any sales, and then it logged me out and I get the Cloudfare message. Sheesh.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:25:38 PM

Well this stinks. I can't make any sales, and then it logged me out and I get the Cloudfare message. Sheesh.

Is this for like a merchant account or something.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4620
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:30:13 PM

Down again.

I was just about to get all of the BTC I had with them out of there for other reasons, and now this.

I suspect that they probably are honest and careful in terms of deep storage so if their services have been compromised we'd get most of our funds back.  Eventually.  They probably do have deep pockets and could be sued if need be.  That is one of the main reasons I started using them more than three years ago.

If they have been infiltrated and/or are having massive system errors, it may not be a good time to do any significant transactions.  Data in motion is sometimes data at risk.  That's my personal view of things at any rate.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
c789

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:32:38 PM

Is this for like a merchant account or something.
I should have worded that more carefully. No, it's just personal selling.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
c789

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

I finally made the transactions I wanted to. It took around 1.5 hours, but it's done Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: