Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: altcoin mining  (Read 2081 times)
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:25:20 AM

Hi CryptoDude2727,

Do you actively burst mining?
There's something I'm curious about. Burst calculation can be done at http://burstcoin.biz/calculator. But there are no clock parameters here.
For example, a 100 GB HDD space earns 6 Bursts per day. So he gets 6 Bursts for 24 hours. Do we have to keep our computer open all day? For example, if our computer is open for 12 hours, will we get 3 Bursts?

I'm not sure how to answer your question.  In my case I typically have my computers on 24/7...so basically I'm always mining BURST in the background 24/7.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:36:53 AM

I'm mining BURST fine on my laptop (as previously mentioned) with two added external hard drives.  Cost to mine is essential the cost to have your laptop on.  Again you're mining with free HDD space, it's not huge power consumption that burns out your computer.

3 months I've mined about 70,000 coin.  Not getting rich through mining but it's a cool way to participate and get involved in the BURST community (and mining in general).

How many TB's of capacity are you mining with?

Started small with 100 GB.  Currently up to 12 TB.  

the net with that amount of tera is very small i calculated around $7 per months, not worth all the money that you need to spend for buying 12TB, burst was a good coin in 2014 but right now it's essentially a dead coin, it's better to use a single gpu and mine zcash, you will earn more

BURST is not dead at all lol.  It STARTED in 2014.  Current development team has been with project about a year.  If you look at some of the metrics over the last 4 - 6 months (wallets being opened, network size)...and it shows interest is gaining not dying.  Just last month there were 4,300+ new BURST wallets opened...the highest month all time (except for when it was added to Polo exchange).  Go to the forums and see how active the community is...

As far as mining my own personal situation is I need/have extra TB for my business, I have computers on 24/7 so it's really almost no personal expense for me.  Plus in general you can re-use or resell TB/hard drives.  If you just want to mine and dump BURST yeah...tough to make a lot of money today.  If you want to mine, invest in the Asset Exchange (and get a roi) and hold onto BURST...who knows where the price may be in the future?    

the forum may be active but the PRICE is dead, you can't have a good coin with a dead market, i remember it was 300 satoshi and up to 1000 at launch now it's below 70 or whatever, and it has been this way for almost 2 years, not looking good for me

And how many coins have an inflated value at launch?  Not saying BURST price has broken out yet, but the price has risen the past year.  It may not be the coin/project for you, but a lot of what you're saying just isn't accurate.

how it isn't accurate, those that i reported are real numbers, take a look at the charts of burst, if it was dumped from 1k at peak to today value, it's because the coin was not that good, its mining was very centralized, because you an have access to huge hdd mining via cloud, it's like a botnet

How aren't you accurate?  Just about everything you said lol.  Yes...I looked at BURST's chart....a lot.  I'm invested and also a miner.  You looked at the chart and apparently didn't realize BURST started just over 2 years ago and made false conclusions.  Nor do I think you knew about the development team situation?      

You said BURST was DEAD.  Really?  Why can I find it as active on coinmarketcap.com with volume every day?  Why is it traded on 4 - 5 exchanges.  I'm on my phone and don't feel like looking it up exactly but lets look YEAR OVER YEAR shall we:

- About a year ago BURST sat at about 17 sats with a market cap of around 80,000 USD.  The last couple of months it's been 50's - 150+ (it's currently around 58 sats) with a market cap of about 800k - 1.6 million USD the last few months (currently in the 800 - 900k range).

-  Network size a year ago 4,000 - 6,000 TB.  Network size today is around 13,000 - 15,000 TB.

-  Wallets open in December '15 was about 280...wallets opened in December '16 was 4,300+.

-  Sorry, but you're also wrong on the centralized mining.

-  There are also other metrics I look at when investing in crypto (not to bore you)...that show interest in BURST the last 6 months or so has been really growing (not dying).  

Does all this mean actual demand for BURST is going through the roof and it's guaranteed to be the next billion dollar+ coin?  Of course not.  But BURST certainly is NOT DEAD.  

i don't mean dead as done no one will use it or trade it, i mean dead as a stagnant, here in altcoinscene when something get so bad in value and stagnant it's like being dead, no real difference i see here

I guess we'll agree to disagree.  I still don't know how you can come up with your latest definition of "dead" when you compare stats of BURST year over year (the rough stats I gave in my last post). 

Again, that doesn't mean the price of BURST has really taken off yet.  But BURST has a uniqueness (that I think may appeal to a lot of folks), a dedicated team, a growing community, and more...and I think has the potential to break out.  Doesn't mean it definitely will...sort of tough to predict the future.
talikila

Activity: 255

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 03:40:26 PM

instead of mining altcoins on laptop, you can use money to buy some altcoins for holding for a while Maybe  it's a good investment after some months.
it's suitable for your status. it will not be useful for mining altcoin on laptop, Guy.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: