Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new install  (Read 326 times)
socser (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:57:21 PM

Hi,

my english is not so good but i hope u understand what the issue is.

i installed electrum the 1st time and got "default wallet" no password entered or something else.. i sweeped some money on that wallet and would send it out to another client.. now he asked me for a password (which i dont have) also for saving the seed.. is there  a default password? or what can i do?

thx for ur help

regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:07:21 PM

When you created the wallet if you did not use a password then there is none.  To verify, open your wallet and then try to view the SEED.  Without a password on your default wallet you should be able to clearly see the SEED words.  If you can, its a security risk.  Anyone with your seed words controls your wallet, and I mean completely.  Just write down the SEED words and then encrypt the wallet so nobody can see your seed.

Never give a password to someone that you send BTC to.  Why would they need your password if you are sending coins to their address?

Even if you forget your password down the road you can completely recover the wallet with those SEED words.  Those are important to keep safe and sound.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
socser (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:14:40 PM

thx for ur fast respond.. i never get a seed or something like that.. empty password also not work. very strange.. no way to get this password?
Coin-Keeper

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:18:56 PM

Can you open the wallet in Electrum?  If so is there any balance from where you swept the coins?

Mostly, when the wallet is open what do you see if you attempt to view the SEED.  Its a pull down menu at the top?

I am tempted to ask you do display the transaction number from the sweep, but lets secure those SEED words first.

Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
socser (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:26:23 PM

the wallet is open (directly after install) and its called "default wallet" i get a private key and get some money on that wallet now.. if i wanna open that seed it asks for a password (whatever i do - its invalid)

i got the transaction number, is there a way to open a new wallet and get this amount changed to the new wallet?
Coin-Keeper

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:42:07 PM

You can always move coins for an address where YOU control the private key.  We have had some issues lately with folks sweeping into Electrum wallets.  If you look there are a few threads running around here.  Those mostly concern wallet file backups on swept coins.

Anyway, if you create a new wallet in electrum and verify the SEED you have a good starting point.  Can you actually SEND those coins to a new SEED-verified Electrum wallet as opposed to sweeping them like before?

If you are talking about some major coin count here please STOP and wait for a few others to chime in.  I don't sweep coins so I am answering from what I "have read" and not what I have done.  You would be safe to SEND those coins to a verified wallet, but as to sweeping let someone who has done it repeatedly confirm.

socser (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:45:15 PM

i tried to resend them, but it asks always for a password Sad sounds not good to me. maybe there is a technical support, who can send me the password?
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:44:16 PM

i tried to resend them, but it asks always for a password Sad sounds not good to me. maybe there is a technical support, who can send me the password?

I am afraid the technical support cannot help you in such situation. If you remember the SEED or have wrote it down somewhere in your PC you can always try to restore the wallet through here:

File-New/Restore

If you have lost the seed and also don't remember the password than there is not much you can do.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:39:18 AM

Hi,

my english is not so good but i hope u understand what the issue is.

i installed electrum the 1st time and got "default wallet" no password entered or something else.. i sweeped some money on that wallet and would send it out to another client.. now he asked me for a password (which i dont have) also for saving the seed.. is there  a default password? or what can i do?

thx for ur help

regards

Please answer these questions:

where did you download electrum from?
what version of electrum are you using?
what does it say in the electrum window title bar?
when you installed electrum did you go through a wallet creation process? did it ask you to select a wallet type, show you the seed and then ask you to enter a password (which I understand you left blank)? Did all that happen?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: